PDA

View Full Version : How about Baseball Cards for Politicians?

Bodhi
09-29-2009, 05:16 PM
What do think about making trading cards for politicians? Think about baseball cards and all the stats they provide. What kind of stats would you like to see on a trading card for politicians?

Almost all major sports in the world have trading cards, why don't we have them for the people that run government?

Lets have some fun with this and share what sort of stats you would like to see on a trading card for politicians. With enough participation, we could easily make a small run of trading cards and get some media interest.

Please share your ideas.

purplechoe
09-29-2009, 05:26 PM
I say we make deck of cards like the US did to Iraq's power brokers. Obama can be our Ace of Spades. :)

Was that racist?

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/8/W/iraq_deckofdoom.jpg

dsarver88
09-29-2009, 07:11 PM
What do think about making trading cards for politicians? Think about baseball cards and all the stats they provide. What kind of stats would you like to see on a trading card for politicians?

Almost all major sports in the world have trading cards, why don't we have them for the people that run government?

Lets have some fun with this and share what sort of stats you would like to see on a trading card for politicians. With enough participation, we could easily make a small run of trading cards and get some media interest.

Please share your ideas.

Upper Deck released this idea last year

google:
2008 upper deck presidential predictors

and look at images

also you can find some in this set

google:
topps allen ginter

where you will find various historical political cards

most noteable is a card the contains hairs from george washington (no joke)

also jfk ties swatches and other historical items

JeNNiF00F00
09-29-2009, 07:12 PM

Please share your ideas.

I have thought about this! Its a good idea imo. Then you can have serious and rediculous ones as well.

TCE
09-29-2009, 07:17 PM
I'd load up on Ron Paul, the Presidential edition and Ron Paul, the younger years.

UnReconstructed
09-29-2009, 09:07 PM
I say we make deck of cards like the US did to Iraq's power brokers. Obama can be our Ace of Spades. :)

Was that racist?

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/8/W/iraq_deckofdoom.jpg

This was the first thing that came to my mind... not the racist part but the HVT cards... I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want my name on another DHS list but I'm glad you said it.

Objectivist
09-29-2009, 09:10 PM

Please share your ideas.

I'd say sure if the cards represented facts and not opinion. Let people make up their own minds. I think On The Issues.org would have much of the information as to voting records and political stances.
Using the graph at the Libertarian page would work at to their political ideology.

tangent4ronpaul
09-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Yes - voting record. The ones that would piss people off.

-t

bkreigh
09-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Topps came out with cards during the primaries. Im a collector of football cards but i think they came out in their baseball product. That being said i have a Ron Paul one. I have the gold version.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-08-Topps-Campaign-Gold-C08-RP-Ron-Paul_W0QQitemZ110401751961QQcategoryZ213QQcmdZView ItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26i ts%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%25 2BUFI%26otn%3D10%26ps%3D63#ht_586wt_1167

Edit: Here is the card and what it says on the back.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0131081topps10.html