PDA

View Full Version : Time Is Running Out On Us. We Need To Brainstorm NOW.

libertygrl
09-29-2009, 04:33 PM
I am posting this because of all the ongoing sightings of the military in various cities around the country, and of the recent protests in Pittsburgh. I mean, this is freaking scary & insane!!! They are obviously planning on something BIG within the next few weeks or months with the increase of these sightings, doesn't anyone agree?

We must act FAST. I don't have all the answers but I was hoping we could all brainstorm on ideas, just like we used to for Ron Paul's campaign. IMO these are two very important priorities that should be looked into first:

1. Exposure of these actions
2. Protection from these actions

Exposure: This should be a coordinated effort from volunteers in each state and then within their own counties/towns. I'm thinking along the lines of a mass media blitz to local radio, news paper editorials, emails, posting to various local community groups, fliers, banners, etc. Provide facts to what's going on, provide source material, and then info about it being unconstitutional and why people should be concerned.

Protection: Again, another coordinated effort is needed to contact one's local county sheriff ( provide him with Sheriff Mack's book, info, etc), as well as local precincts, fire and emergency workers, with info packets.

Then send info to local town officials and state/federal representatives providing information, that consist of some evidence in the form of video and articles pertaining to state sovereignty rights.

I'm just throwing some items that have come into my mind first. We can learn a lot from the history of past fascist governments. They had control of the military and law enforcement which was key to gaining eventual control over the population. We need to act fast before this gets beyond our control.

Some other ideas - a website set up as a central database where people from various states can upload news articles, pictures, video, etc., of present and (recent past) militarized police state activities. This could be a one stop resource hub for us to be kept up to date, as well as to direct people to.

Let's come up with lists of groups/people who we can partner with.

We know of: Oath Keepers, Committees of Safety, ACLU? I know of the Rutherford Group which defends civil liberties.

Any celebrities? Authors? Judge Napolitano? Naomi Wolf? Retired military officers? We can get a list of military names from the website patriotsquestion911.com who may be on our side.

What do you think? NEVER forget those images we saw from Pittsburgh. I know I haven't. It gave me nightmares! We can no loner afford to sit on the sidelines now trying to get constitutional people into office. While it's a good thing, I fear that we may not even have a free election by 2010. We need to act with urgency. Please respond.

LibertyWorker
09-29-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm with you 100%

Its good we have all been working on our local projects but i think it's about time to do something big again.

In my opinion a good Project would be the wars.the war on us here at home and the ones over sea's.

We need to tie them together in the eyes of the people.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-29-2009, 05:05 PM
nt

pcosmar
09-29-2009, 05:06 PM
There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
Ed Howdershelt

We have been working with the first three boxes. Still are.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2244/2242859288_5fb0d59c49.jpg

libertygrl
09-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Okay, so let's hear some actual ideas and get this thing going. Whatever you have. Time to get back to our creative and inventive Ron Paul Revolutionary roots!

LibertyWorker
09-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Okay, so let's hear some actual ideas and get this thing going. Whatever you have. Time to get back to our creative and inventive Ron Paul Revolutionary roots!

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."

unfortunately its the same way with people trying to get new ideas off the ground in this forum.

Any new ideas that come up in this forum are more likely to get sniped at from 50 different position's.

I call it "liberty snob syndrome"

JeNNiF00F00
09-29-2009, 06:21 PM
I agree with the OP. We should be shouting freedom from the rooftops at places such as the G20 riots in PA. There is more to it, but people need to hear us.

ItsTime
09-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Yes they are planning something, its called adding 100ks of troops to Afghanistan.

I dont suggest you put any ideas on a message board, all this should be talked about in your meet up groups or tea party groups. Be prepared for anything. After all Obama admin is warning of domestic terrorism. I firmly believe if there is a terror attack we will go into a depression.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-29-2009, 06:27 PM
nt

CasualApathy
09-29-2009, 06:34 PM
There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
Ed Howdershelt

From wikipedia:

A quote of his is a popular .sig. "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." In regards to the quote, Howdershelt said "I spoke those words in February, 1971 in opposition to student anti-war protests which called for a building takeover at University of Texas, Arlington. A couple of years ago I received an email notifying me that I was being quoted in newsgroups."

:D

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-29-2009, 06:39 PM
I am in the US Coast Guard, and I am an Oath Keeper. You can count on me, forever and always in the name of Liberty.

Sons of Liberty!

ItsTime
09-29-2009, 06:40 PM
I am in the US Coast Guard, and I am an Oath Keeper. You can count on me, forever and always in the name of Liberty.

Sons of Liberty!

CasualApathy
09-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Some other ideas - a website set up as a central database where people from various states can upload news articles, pictures, video, etc., of present and (recent past) militarized police state activities. This could be a one stop resource hub for us to be kept up to date, as well as to direct people to.

I think this is a great idea. But would it be expensive to establish and maintain such a site?

LibertyWorker
09-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Get real.

Looks like we flushed out the first sniper.

Thank you for your contribution

Have a nice day:)

SelfTaught
09-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Are there groups dedicated to getting our military (including soldiers in Iraq and Afgh.) to oppose all the nonsense going on in the federal government? Maybe a letter writing campaign or something?

I think once we get a significant portion of them on our side, the feds are done.

Sandman33
09-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Yes they are planning something, its called adding 100ks of troops to Afghanistan.

I dont suggest you put any ideas on a message board, all this should be talked about in your meet up groups or tea party groups. Be prepared for anything. After all Obama admin is warning of domestic terrorism. I firmly believe if there is a terror attack we will go into a depression.

We're IN a depression. I just paid SEVEN bucks for a damn drive through cheesburger meal. The same combo was 4 bucks a few years ago.

I wasnt mad till now. GODDAMNIT CHEESEBURGERS SHOULDN'T COST SO MUCH!:mad:

LibertyWorker
09-29-2009, 07:03 PM
We're IN a depression. I just paid SEVEN bucks for a damn drive through cheesburger meal. The same combo was 4 bucks a few years ago.

Two Words

White Castle:D

heavenlyboy34
09-29-2009, 07:06 PM
I might suggest y'all plan your words carefully, lest you be called "unpatriotic", "anti-military", etc. I've felt this way for a long time, and I'm glad you youngins are feeling the same now.

SelfTaught
09-29-2009, 07:14 PM

I remember when I was about 6-7 years old (about 1990-91), a hot dog stand sold a hot dog and a coke for $1.50, in Chicago by the way. What happened to those prices? What about breakfast? I remember 2 eggs, 2 sausage or bacon, hashbrowns, and toast for $2.99. And it wasn't Denny's. It was a neighborhood place with much better tasting food.

I watched a speech by Walter Block where he said a hot dog and a coke used to be a quarter when he was a kid. My dad said a carton of eggs used to be 11 cents. What!!!!

Rael
09-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Buy ammo.

YumYum
09-29-2009, 09:36 PM
I remember when I was about 6-7 years old (about 1990-91), a hot dog stand sold a hot dog and a coke for $1.50, in Chicago by the way. What happened to those prices? What about breakfast? I remember 2 eggs, 2 sausage or bacon, hashbrowns, and toast for $2.99. And it wasn't Denny's. It was a neighborhood place with much better tasting food.

I watched a speech by Walter Block where he said a hot dog and a coke used to be a quarter when he was a kid. My dad said a carton of eggs used to be 11 cents. What!!!!

And my grampa tells me of the time he got a whore for only two and a half dollars, and that was only two years ago.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-29-2009, 09:48 PM
nt

libertygrl
09-30-2009, 07:45 AM
What's anti-military about wanting to write letters and contact people about what's truly happening in our country? The military are our neighbors, friends, and for some of us even family members. They're US! We just want them better educated and on the right side of the Constitution.

I'm really feeling depressed over this. Only a few resposes to this urgent post? Maybe I'll have to go elsewhere to find some actual motivated and creative people. What happened to all the true Ron Paul Grassoots people? It seemed at a moment's notice everyone could ban together and get a project going.

I guess I'll see you all soon at camp FEMA. :(

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-30-2009, 08:00 AM
nt

pacelli
09-30-2009, 08:09 AM
I fear that time has already run out for the educational campaign to reverse or prevent the erosion of our civil liberties. I'm all for creative ideas, but what is going to happen when the web is shut down?

pcosmar
09-30-2009, 08:38 AM
I fear that time has already run out for the educational campaign to reverse or prevent the erosion of our civil liberties. I'm all for creative ideas, but what is going to happen when the web is shut down?

Ron Paul was successful in waking up a core base of people all across this country. From here we spread the message locally. Person to person.
I suspect that we will lose communication eventually. There is a lot of good info here, and it has gotten into the hands of others.
The Freedom Living and Bearing Arms sections have a wealth of information.
Learn to become more self sufficient and share that with others.

I am at the point where I don't think we can stop the storm, But we can find shelter and help others to survive. We can keep and defend liberties in our own communities when TSHTF.
We can resist Tyranny.
There is much we CAN do.
I would use this , (and other sites) as a resource, and then work locally.

s35wf
09-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Ron Paul was successful in waking up a core base of people all across this country. From here we spread the message locally. Person to person.
I suspect that we will lose communication eventually. There is a lot of good info here, and it has gotten into the hands of others.
The Freedom Living and Bearing Arms sections have a wealth of information.
Learn to become more self sufficient and share that with others.

I am at the point where I don't think we can stop the storm, But we can find shelter and help others to survive. We can keep and defend liberties in our own communities when TSHTF.
We can resist Tyranny.
There is much we CAN do.
I would use this , (and other sites) as a resource, and then work locally.

To the OP; ^^^ THIS IS WHAT "WE the Little People CAN DO! :D

libertygrl
09-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Finally, at least some constructive responses! I didn't mean to be such a downer before but I just had to vent my frustrations.

Thank you, I do appreciate your advice and suggestions. I am going to act locally but as an American, I'm concerned about all you guys as well! That's why I was hoping we could set up something with volunteers in various states. Whatever... I'll just do what I can on my end I guess.

tangent4ronpaul
09-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Finally, at least some constructive responses! I didn't mean to be such a downer before but I just had to vent my frustrations.

Thank you, I do appreciate your advice and suggestions. I am going to act locally but as an American, I'm concerned about all you guys as well! That's why I was hoping we could set up something with volunteers in various states. Whatever... I'll just do what I can on my end I guess.

Did you see this thread?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=212622

this current thread got me brainstorming and I decided to break it out instead of get buried in the middle of another thread.

National communications are atrophying. Meetups are not very active and we are loosing abut 5 a week. CFL is set up so only the official message gets out and it's somewhat useful for organizing locally, but not nationally. DP and RPF seem the most active, though there are others - Meetup, Facebook, other forums / web sites. We need to get something going or we won't be in good shape come 2012 and will haveto rebuild a lot of this. 2010 seems like a great opportunity if we could get more ppl to run.

-t

libertygrl
09-30-2009, 12:19 PM

Well, I guess we'll have to go back to what they used to do before the internet! But I understand where you're coming from. I've had those thoughts as well. But that won't stop me from waking up a few people along the way. I sort of like the strategy that A. Jones uses from time to time when something appears imminent. Total exposure. You send out street teams and just start putting up banners on over passes and calling up talk news radio, CSPAN, etc. A times, it does appear to alter their plans. Other than that, I don't know what else to do.

I guess make sure you belong to some sort of local liberty minded group like CFL, and have those discussions now to set up some contingency plans if and when the internet is gone.