Bradley in DC
09-29-2009, 07:41 AM
http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docid=news-000003212009

anyone know anything about this guy?

erowe1
09-29-2009, 08:13 AM
http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docid=news-000003212009

anyone know anything about this guy?

Only what's on his website. We've had other threads about him. Apparently he's polling well and just recently garnered Fred Thompson's endorsement. He's "conservative" in the two senses that the party he's running with is the Conservative Party (i.e. the one William F. Buckley founded), and that he's conservative in comparison to the liberal Democrat and liberal Republican he's running against. But it's unclear if he's all that conservative in an absolute sense. My impression from what I read on his website was that he may well be better than the average Republican. And I think the fact that he's 3rd party is an added advantage. But he's vague on foreign policy. He clearly adheres to Keynesianism and in addressing the stimulus he concedes that government spending is good for the economy but that this particular spending was poorly executed or something like that. He elsewhere boldly claims that government spends too much, but in addressing what spending he thinks can be cut, the only thing he mentions is earmarks, which is to me a sure sign that he isn't serious about smaller government.

Bradley in DC
09-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Only what's on his website. We've had other threads about him. Apparently he's polling well and just recently garnered Fred Thompson's endorsement. He's "conservative" in the two senses that the party he's running with is the Conservative Party (i.e. the one William F. Buckley founded), and that he's conservative in comparison to the liberal Democrat and liberal Republican he's running against. But it's unclear if he's all that conservative in an absolute sense. My impression from what I read on his website was that he may well be better than the average Republican. And I think the fact that he's 3rd party is an added advantage. But he's vague on foreign policy. He clearly adheres to Keynesianism and in addressing the stimulus he concedes that government spending is good for the economy but that this particular spending was poorly executed or something like that. He elsewhere boldly claims that government spends too much, but in addressing what spending he thinks can be cut, the only thing he mentions is earmarks, which is to me a sure sign that he isn't serious about smaller government.

Thanks. I was mostly interested in him vis-a-vis the other candidates. Some districts are just going to be more favorable to us than others so I'm all for making the most of what we can get in each place.

That he's taking on the establishment-forced candidate was my initial interest.