PDA

View Full Version : It's on!

Brian4Liberty
09-29-2009, 01:01 AM
The "moneybomblet" for Chuck DeVore is today, Tuesday Sept. 29th. Let's bounce Barbara Boxer out of the Senate!

http://septvote.blogspot.com/

Some info on the Chuck DeVore for US Senate campaign:

- consistent record of being a fiscal conservative.
- supporter of the US Constitution.
- stood up to Republicans and Democrats alike who were on a spending spree.
- He is running against Carly Fiorina (RINO-CA) in the Primary.
- He has a good chance to unseat Senator Barbara Boxer.
- Currently polling at 37% against Boxer's 46%.
- Highly rated by Taxpayer's organizations and Gun Owner's organizations.
- Has spoken at many Tea Parties in California.
- Moderate foreign policy (see below).
- Likes Hemp (see video).

Why right now?

It's early, but people are deciding right now between DeVore and Fiorina for the Primary. We need to make our voices heard right now, before the GOP machine fully endorses Fiorina.

How much?

Donate as little or as much as you want. Each new donor is like a vote. That statistic will help.

----
Q&A with Chuck:

Q: I have read that you are a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. How do feel about the rest of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights?
A: "I'm a supporter of the whole Constitution, including the Bill of Rights. Our government exists to secure our rights. I have voted against my own party on the floor of the Assembly specifically over Fourth and Fifth Amendment issues (former State Senator, now Congressman, Tom McClintock did as well on the same bills)."

Q: What's your take on taxes?
A: "High taxes not only harm the economy, they reduce our economic liberty. I support the Fair Tax -- but to really make it work, we have to repeal the 16th Amendment."

Q: How about spending?
A: Spending is way too high (and was under the previous President). I publicly opposed the bailout and the stimulus. Fiorina (the probable Republican Primary opponent) supported the bailout and supported aspects of the stimulus. High spending helps grow big government and leads to massive borrowing which will be a drag on our economy and increase pressure for higher taxes and a debasement of the currency.

Q: What's your position on the TARP and Stimulus programs?
A: "The TARP and Fiscal Stimulus will make things worse in the long run and I have repeatedly said so and written as much. Further, we only encourage moral hazard when government steps in to fix other people's messes."

Q: Do we really need the Federal Reserve? Would you support S. 604 (Audit the Federal Reserve) as a US Senator?
A: "I have publicly stated my support for auditing the Federal Reserve and have already publicly supported S.604. Once we know more about the Fed's operations, we can best determine what its future should be."

Q: What is your take on Foreign Policy?
A: "As for Foreign Policy (my degree is in this and I am an intelligence officer in the Army), I have never been a fan of direct foreign involvement. I liked the Reagan/Weinberger approach: promote freedom and liberty abroad by encouraging local people to work for it themselves (as we did in Poland and Central America)."

--
Go to the web page below for more info. There is a good interview with Reason TV near the bottom of the page:

http://septvote.blogspot.com/

justinc.1089
09-29-2009, 01:30 AM
I love how all these moneybombs are so organized with dates to perfectly compete against each other! Paul the 23rd, Kokesh the 30th, this the 29th, and I believe another one like the 3rd or something like that!

Its just amazing how much effort the organizers of these moneybombs go to talking to each other to ensure mutual failure!:rolleyes:

Seriously there is no point in organizing moneybombs if the people organizing them are not willing to talk to each other to plan effective dates. I mean tons of people just donated to Paul, and they're supposed to donate AGAIN THREE times in only like a week's time?!:eek:

Who is organizing all these moneybombs? And why aren't they willing to plan better dates by talking to each other and compromising?

It makes no sense to have Paul the 23rd, then this the 29th, Kokesh the 30th, and then another person I can't even remember now around the 3rd-5th or something like that.

See there are so many so close together I can't even remember them much less be able to donate to all of them!

kaleidoscope eyes
09-29-2009, 05:51 AM
bump

Brian4Liberty
09-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Yep, timing is a little bad. They are stacked up because it's the last few days of the quarter.

Deborah K
09-29-2009, 08:35 AM
I love how all these moneybombs are so organized with dates to perfectly compete against each other! Paul the 23rd, Kokesh the 30th, this the 29th, and I believe another one like the 3rd or something like that!

Its just amazing how much effort the organizers of these moneybombs go to talking to each other to ensure mutual failure!:rolleyes:

Seriously there is no point in organizing moneybombs if the people organizing them are not willing to talk to each other to plan effective dates. I mean tons of people just donated to Paul, and they're supposed to donate AGAIN THREE times in only like a week's time?!:eek:

Who is organizing all these moneybombs? And why aren't they willing to plan better dates by talking to each other and compromising?

It makes no sense to have Paul the 23rd, then this the 29th, Kokesh the 30th, and then another person I can't even remember now around the 3rd-5th or something like that.

See there are so many so close together I can't even remember them much less be able to donate to all of them!

Brian is right, it's the timing. The best thing to do is to just pick who you can donate to and stick with them. At the same time, do what you can to circulate info about the other candidates, especially to people who live in their area. There is always something we can do to help get good people into office.

Brian4Liberty
09-29-2009, 10:05 AM
I didn't know about the Kokesh one on the 30th. Guess I'll donate to both!

For these smaller moneybombs, if I donate a few bucks to 4 different candidates, whether they are spread out all month or are grouped together doesn't really matter. By the time 2010 rolls around, I hope we have candidates in every State to support...

TCE
09-29-2009, 01:36 PM
How much has he raised? If I remember correctly, he was at around $3000 a few days ago.

Brian4Liberty
09-29-2009, 01:47 PM
How much has he raised? If I remember correctly, he was at around $3000 a few days ago.

Actually, his ticker was around $14,000 when we started, now he's at $29,274. More than double. (correction: The donation ticker on his web page was only a partial period. His total donations for the campaign since he declared last Nov 2008 are apparently much higher, as he has been campaigning hard for almost a year).

Brian4Liberty
09-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Al Gore is getting involved in the CA Senate race...

http://chuckdevore.com/blog.asp?artid=144

Al Gore says this about Chuck DeVore: “Assemblyman Chuck DeVore, is already campaigning hard across California. He voted against AB 32, the landmark global warming legislation…”

Al Gore is right, Chuck DeVore voted against AB 32 – and debated against it – and fought tooth and nail against its implementation every step of the way. Because, unlike Al Gore, Chuck DeVore understands that neither California, nor America, can solve a global issue on the backs of hard working Americans.

California’s AB 32 is one big reason why Forbes ranked California as having the worst tax and regulatory climate in America – we’re 50th. And, with 12.2% unemployment, the 4th highest in the nation, Californians are suffering under a foolish energy policy while China proceeds to build 100 coal-fired power plants per year AS WELL AS several modern nuclear power plants too. It’s a fact: we can completely shut California down in the name of global warming and ONE YEAR’S worth of economic growth in China would wipe out any supposed benefit.

Al Gore says that he and Boxer “had many chances to team up… on the climate crisis in her role as a tireless environmental advocate… She's been a vital leader in our efforts to stop global warming, even when it wasn't a popular position, and I can't thank her enough for everything she's done.”

The fact is that Boxer is trying to “solve” what she calls a climate “crisis” with a $2,000 per year tax on working families, rather than with a logical plan to build modern nuclear power plants while increasing other cost-effective sources of domestic energy. Boxer’s “solution” will only drive more American jobs overseas to coal-fired China, reducing American greenhouse gas emissions by eliminating American jobs.

California has already done this with AB 32 and it is not working – not for the environment and most importantly not for hard working Californians. We must stop what the Saturday Los Angeles Times quoted Chuck DeVore as saying was “a gigantic mistake” from spreading to the rest of America through Boxer’s cap-and-trade energy tax bill.

TCE
09-29-2009, 07:19 PM
While I'm against the "nuclear is the only solution ever" argument, the fact that it won't come up in the Senate for a few years is good enough for me. On "climate change": DeVore>Boxer.

Brian4Liberty
09-29-2009, 11:20 PM
While I'm against the "nuclear is the only solution ever" argument, the fact that it won't come up in the Senate for a few years is good enough for me.

Modern nuclear is nice when solar, wind, and geothermal aren't enough. It shouldn't be the only option, though. I believe in the interview he says something about "other" energy sources too. He wrote a book about it that would probably shed some light...

Brian4Liberty
09-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks to everyone who donated to the money-bomblet today! I'm sure we made a difference and a good impression. He has another day to go, and the number of donors this quarter should make some good press. Watch out Carly and Barbara...

Don't forget the Kokesh mini-bomb tomorrow!