PDA

View Full Version : high-quality vids?

murrayrothbard
09-30-2007, 02:52 PM
IMHO, Ron needs more speaking time to accurately describe his positions on issues and his whole philosophy in general. Given that the philosophy of liberty is so far out of the mainstream in american politics, 30 second soundbites will NOT get the job done.

Yes, I know that there are plenty of RP speeches and such on YouTube, etc. but how do you get these: a) organized in some cohesive way, and b) look 'polished'? What if there was a video corollary to RonPaulLibrary.

We need a BROADCAST QUALITY video library of Ron Paul speaking directly about issues and his philosophy in general. I'm not talking about stump speeches, but in depth conversational explanations of his positions, straight from his mouth.

So what if we could:

1) Sit Ron down in a comfortable, presidential looking setting, complete with perfect lighting, makeup, sound, etc.
2) Have him talk directly and thoroughly about one issue at a time, as well as his philosophy in general.
3) Film all of this at at least DVD quality.
4) Make ALL of this video along w/transcripts available to grassroots via Internet (web site, BitTorrent, etc)
5) Grassroots can then use this huge video library (has got to be several hours worth at the minimum) to build custom tailored DVD presentations that target specific voter types (i.e. different issue focus), or other type of high quality media experience.

This is just an idea, but I think it would be huge. The campaign would only need to take a couple of days for the filming and pony up for a TOP-NOTCH film crew and initial bandwidth for distribution. Grassroots could then do all of the editing and further distribution (seeding video library on BitTorrent). It really only requires a one time shot from the campaign.

I have seem numerous threads here of people asking for high quality video and/or custom targeted DVDs. Would it not be cool if we had HOURS of HIGH QUALITY VIDEO that we could use to develop our own "niche" DVDs? MUCH better than trying to develop just one video presentation that is good for everybody. "One size fits all" is never good, especially in politics...

What y'all think? ;)

Man from La Mancha
09-30-2007, 05:12 PM
A very common complaint that HQ won't address.

murrayrothbard
09-30-2007, 05:14 PM
A very common complaint that HQ won't address..

:( I wonder why? Seems like such a no-brainer...:confused:

EvilEngineer
09-30-2007, 05:24 PM
:( I wonder why? Seems like such a no-brainer...:confused:

The majority of the Ron Paul revolution is decentralized and not run by the campaign office. 99% of all of the impactful media clips and videos are brought together by supporters like us.

One issue with High quality media clips are that they come from copyrighted sources. Fox will be damned before they allow Ron Paul's campaign office to use video officially for their purpose. It is instead up to the pirate network of supporters that cannot be pinned down to harass with a lawsuit.

There are 2 alternatives.
1) The campaign purchase and run it's own media crew with high quality camera and sound gear and personnel.
2) Supporters follow around Ron Paul with said gear.

murrayrothbard
09-30-2007, 05:28 PM
The majority of the Ron Paul revolution is decentralized and not run by the campaign office. 99% of all of the impactful media clips and videos are brought together by supporters like us.

One issue with High quality media clips are that they come from copyrighted sources. Fox will be damned before they allow Ron Paul's campaign office to use video officially for their purpose. It is instead up to the pirate network of supporters that cannot be pinned down to harass with a lawsuit.

There are 2 alternatives.
1) The campaign purchase and run it's own media crew with high quality camera and sound gear and personnel.
2) Supporters follow around Ron Paul with said gear.

Well thing that HQ has going for them is that they are the one's that have Ron! I was thinking it would be excellent if they could take a day or two, hire a film crew, and records LOTS of footage of Ron explaining all of his positions. Sort "fireside chat" style. Then put all the raw footage out on BitTorrent and let the grassroots edit it all up into niche DVDs. HQ would have to do the filming since they have Ron, but then they wouldn't need have any involvement.

Thor
09-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Well thing that HQ has going for them is that they are the one's that have Ron! I was thinking it would be excellent if they could take a day or two, hire a film crew, and records LOTS of footage of Ron explaining all of his positions. Sort "fireside chat" style. Then put all the raw footage out on BitTorrent and let the grassroots edit it all up into niche DVDs. HQ would have to do the filming since they have Ron, but then they wouldn't need have any involvement.

Amen. I have built a "fireside chat" interface for them that they could use where a viewer could submit a question. I have showed it to them, and I keep getting "maybe soon" replies, but nothing.

I think this would be huge. It would help to have a "fireside chat" or "townhall on demand" where a user can go into a library, select a topic or date and watch Ron address specific issues, and then send in questions to be responded to by staff, and or addressed in an upcoming fireside chat.

It is built and ready and I am giving it to them, just need the videos of the good Dr.

RonPaulVideoGuy
09-30-2007, 05:40 PM
I shoot legal depositions for a living and I would be willing to donate my videography equipment and time to this effort.

I have video'd several Ron Paul events - you can see some of my work at:

http://www.youtube.com/RonPaulVideoGuy (http://www.youtube.com/RonPaulVideoGuy)

Thor
09-30-2007, 05:43 PM
I would want him sitting in an arm chair, addressing the viewer, one on one. Like his exploritory announcement video if you have seen that.

A speech or whatever is great, but a one on one style will go a lot farther.

An "I am talking to you, and answering your questions one on one" sort of format.

RonPaulVideoGuy
09-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Amen. I have built a "fireside chat" interface for them that they could use where a viewer could submit a question. I have showed it to them, and I keep getting "maybe soon" replies, but nothing.

I think this would be huge. It would help to have a "fireside chat" or "townhall on demand" where a user can go into a library, select a topic or date and watch Ron address specific issues, and then send in questions to be responded to by staff, and or addressed in an upcoming fireside chat.

It is built and ready and I am giving it to them, just need the videos of the good Dr.

Would it be possible to build a prototype of this "fireside chat" interface with videos I have already recorded of him giving campaign stump speeches?

With a working prototype, you could show the campaign exactly how it would work with real video and then point out to them how much better it would be with a one-on-one interview video format.

murrayrothbard
09-30-2007, 05:54 PM

That would be AWESOME! If they could make the footage available in DVD quality it would be incredible. How cool would it be to be able splice up your own custom DVD of Ron Paul speaking directly and at length about the issues that are important to the people you are presenting him to??

They are bringing in tons of money, and while I'm no campaign expert, I can't imagine how it would be bad to spend a little building up a HIGH QUALITY collection of in depth explanations by Ron himself. That's all they would have to pay for! They have this vast network of volunteers that are just waiting to "viralize" these...:confused:

Thor
09-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Would it be possible to build a prototype of this "fireside chat" interface with videos I have already recorded of him giving campaign stump speeches?

With a working prototype, you could show the campaign exactly how it would work with real video and then point out to them how much better it would be with a one-on-one interview video format.

Prototype built and running. They have seen it. (Jesse Benton has at least)

They say they like it. But they are so busy....

If you want to put your vids in it, I can...

DrNoZone
09-30-2007, 06:00 PM

I think this is a brilliant idea!! Why isn't RP HQ jumping all over this opportunity? We should start a petition.

Ninja Homer
09-30-2007, 06:27 PM
IMHO, Ron needs more speaking time to accurately describe his positions on issues and his whole philosophy in general. Given that the philosophy of liberty is so far out of the mainstream in american politics, 30 second soundbites will NOT get the job done.

Yes, I know that there are plenty of RP speeches and such on YouTube, etc. but how do you get these: a) organized in some cohesive way, and b) look 'polished'? What if there was a video corollary to RonPaulLibrary.

We need a BROADCAST QUALITY video library of Ron Paul speaking directly about issues and his philosophy in general. I'm not talking about stump speeches, but in depth conversational explanations of his positions, straight from his mouth.

So what if we could:

1) Sit Ron down in a comfortable, presidential looking setting, complete with perfect lighting, makeup, sound, etc.
2) Have him talk directly and thoroughly about one issue at a time, as well as his philosophy in general.
3) Film all of this at at least DVD quality.
4) Make ALL of this video along w/transcripts available to grassroots via Internet (web site, BitTorrent, etc)
5) Grassroots can then use this huge video library (has got to be several hours worth at the minimum) to build custom tailored DVD presentations that target specific voter types (i.e. different issue focus), or other type of high quality media experience.

This is just an idea, but I think it would be huge. The campaign would only need to take a couple of days for the filming and pony up for a TOP-NOTCH film crew and initial bandwidth for distribution. Grassroots could then do all of the editing and further distribution (seeding video library on BitTorrent). It really only requires a one time shot from the campaign.

I have seem numerous threads here of people asking for high quality video and/or custom targeted DVDs. Would it not be cool if we had HOURS of HIGH QUALITY VIDEO that we could use to develop our own "niche" DVDs? MUCH better than trying to develop just one video presentation that is good for everybody. "One size fits all" is never good, especially in politics...

What y'all think? ;)

I agree completely. If they spent maybe $100k to shoot a bunch of high quality video and made it available, then they also used the footage to produce an official DVD and sold that DVD on their site, they would probably make that money back in a week on DVD sales. If they allow reproduce rights, supporters could burn hundreds of copies each, and we could hand out millions of them. The internet isn't the only form of new media, and there are lots of people with DVD players that don't have an internet connection.

Man from La Mancha
09-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Indeed, this is so vital it should HQ's top priorities!!

Thor
10-01-2007, 08:22 AM
I think this is a brilliant idea!! Why isn't RP HQ jumping all over this opportunity? We should start a petition.

I am ok with doing a petition. Should we do one on a site I put up with a demo, or just use the existing petition sites that have 100's of petition, where you plug in your petition info to create one?

Ninja Homer
10-01-2007, 08:41 AM
I am ok with doing a petition. Should we do one on a site I put up with a demo, or just use the existing petition sites that have 100's of petition, where you plug in your petition info to create one?

I think a new thread here with a poll may work better, assuming we can get the campaign to read it. That way, we could add input on what we would like to see, how we could distribute it, etc.

We have people here who can shoot video, people who can edit video, people who can mass produce DVD's, and people who can set up distribution on the web. If it weren't for FEC regulations, grassroots could do the whole thing except for Ron Paul showing up to be taped.