PDA

View Full Version : It's amazing people believed that the Bushes were conservative.

Lisle16
09-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Seriously, George W. Bush and his father come from a New England Rockefeller Republican family. Why did people buy the crap that he was a small-government conservative?

Are Americans really that oblivious to the truth?

SL89
09-28-2009, 08:45 PM

Akus
09-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Seriously, George W. Bush and his father come from a New England Rockefeller Republican family. Why did people buy the crap that he was a small-government conservative?

Are Americans really that oblivious to the truth?

I'll believe your governor is a robot from the future before I believe anyone with the last name Bush is a consevative.

Epic
09-28-2009, 09:14 PM
yes they are that dumb

see government schools

Nate
09-28-2009, 09:38 PM
yes they are that dumb

see government schools

^ this

Kbeaubs
09-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Sorry,

I don't know of many conservatives that believe GW was a conservative. I'm curious who is suggesting that? The only people I have ever found that believe such a thing are democrats - which by the way is so terribly ironic. GW was arguably the most friendly president to the democratic party since.................Carter.

Now relative to what we have seen the last 9 months? That's a different story.

messana
09-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Running on the republican platform probably gave them that idea.

sevin
09-28-2009, 10:04 PM
yes they are that dumb

see government schools

Don't forget people's willingness to believe what the MSM tells them.

muh_roads
09-28-2009, 10:53 PM
wrong thread...

Lisle16
09-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Sorry,

I don't know of many conservatives that believe GW was a conservative. I'm curious who is suggesting that? The only people I have ever found that believe such a thing are democrats - which by the way is so terribly ironic. GW was arguably the most friendly president to the democratic party since.................Carter.

Now relative to what we have seen the last 9 months? That's a different story.

They key word is believed...many, many Republican voters, especially conservative ones, defended Bush until it was undeniable that he wasn't a true conservative.

YumYum
09-28-2009, 11:55 PM
They key word is believed...many, many Republican voters, especially conservative ones, defended Bush until it was undeniable that he wasn't a true conservative.

They still defend him. I sat through Republican meetings listening to necons and even so called Ron Paul supporters justify everything he did. They haven't disowned him yet.

paulitics
09-29-2009, 05:45 AM
They believe W was conservative because he talks folksy and lives on a ranch in Texas.

Bucjason
09-29-2009, 06:43 AM
I believed George Senior was a conservative ...of course I was a dumbass teenager back then and didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground...