PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Poll: Should Obama be killed?

Matt Collins
09-28-2009, 06:02 PM
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/secret-service-investigates-facebook-obama-assassination-poll/story?id=8696126

The Secret Service is investigating the origins of a poll that appeared on Facebook that asked whether President Obama should be killed.

Posted over the weekend, the poll was removed by Facebook after the Secret Service received a tip and contacted the company, which was not aware of the survey, sources tell ABC News.

"When the Secret Service became aware of the poll we worked with Facebook to have it taken down and are conducting an investigation," said a spokesman for the Secret Service.

The poll asked: "Should Obama be killed?" The answer choices: "No," "Maybe," "Yes" and "Yes if he cuts my health care."

The Secret Service will be reaching out to the person who developed and posted the poll to determine intent.

Matt Collins
09-28-2009, 06:02 PM
I am willing to bet that they (the media / left) are going to attempt to tie this to the tea party movement or some such nonsense.

silverhawks
09-28-2009, 06:06 PM
I think something needs to be publicly said condemning this poll, otherwise I'm convinced Matt is correct, and this is going to get connected to "right-wing extremism".

From my point of view at least, proponents of constitutional government don't support arbitrary execution or assassination. If someone is guilty of a crime, they are owed due process including trial by jury. That doesn't change no matter WHO it is, or what crimes they have committed.

SL89
09-28-2009, 06:13 PM
NOBODY deserves to be killed. Unless they attempt to deny my right to live. Or they attempt to deny rights of others, or in defense, per the founding documents. Whoa ....slow down......
It's just a poll.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-28-2009, 06:24 PM
The last thing we need is a Martyr and the renewal of race wars. Other than that, it's that persons right. He broke no laws, the Secret Service are seriously getting WAY out of hand. There is a huge difference between, should the president be killed, and I'm going to kill the President.

Please differentiate the two. I don't think anyone supports the death of our President. It goes against the fundamental tenent of Libertarianism. I also think people are making a big deal about a bunch of nothing. In this country we have the right to say such things, and if I was in the presence of any persons who support that, it should be this board...

James Madison
09-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Sounds like a possible psy-op. Regardless, I'm sure the msm will attempt to tie this in with gun-owners, veterans, militias, etc.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Sounds like a possible psy-op. Regardless, I'm sure the msm will attempt to tie this in with gun-owners, veterans, militias, etc.

As an aside. You know Madison worked with Jay and Hamilton on the Federalist papers correct? I bet he would be kicking himself if he were alive today to see the monster he created. We should have never thrown out the AoC. :(

Switzerland seems to be doing mighty fine.

Back on topic. Yeah, the media will spin it that way. Luckily, most people don't watch the MSM anymore.

Time for Change
09-28-2009, 06:32 PM
What you are seeing is the ramp up to the media claiming that the internet needs to be heavily regulated by the government.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-28-2009, 06:34 PM
What you are seeing is the ramp up to the media claiming that the internet needs to be heavily regulated by the government.

Oh lord. The ouctry would be deafening. I don't think anyone will touch that with a ten foot pole, however, I err on the side that look at what they are doing now; anything is feasible. We'll see....

James Madison
09-28-2009, 06:36 PM
As an aside. You know Madison worked with Jay and Hamilton on the Federalist papers correct? I bet he would be kicking himself if he were alive today to see the monster he created. We should have never thrown out the AoC. :(

Back on topic. Yeah, the media will spin it that way. Luckily, most people don't watch the MSM anymore.

I've read most of the Federalist Papers and not all of them are necessarily bad, though I prefer the Anti-Federalist Papers myself. ;) But you're right when stating the Federalist Papers really opened the door to government control over our lives. Don't forget that Madison wrote the Constitution, was the biggest advocate for the Bill of Rights, and founded (with Jefferson) the Democratic-Republican Party. It wasn't until Lincoln became president that the federal government became dominant in the individual's life.
Anyways, I'm not sure if I agree with you that most people don't main stream media. A lot (and I mean a lot) of people I know still watch either CNN or Fox.

constituent
09-28-2009, 06:39 PM

meh, the internet is yesterday's news.

legion
09-28-2009, 06:41 PM

Switzerland is no longer a confederation and hasn't been since the 19th century.