PDA

View Full Version : Chuck DeVore for US Senate Moneybomblet is tomorrow!

Brian4Liberty
09-28-2009, 03:55 PM
The "moneybomblet" for Chuck DeVore is tomorrow, Tuesday Sept. 29th.

Some info on the Chuck DeVore for US Senate campaign:

- consistent record of being a fiscal conservative.
- supporter of the US Constitution.
- stood up to Republicans and Democrats alike who were on a spending spree.
- He is running against Carly Fiorina (RINO-CA) in the Primary.
- He has a good chance to unseat Senator Barbara Boxer.
- Currently polling at 37% against Boxer's 46%.
- Highly rated by Taxpayer's organizations and Gun Owner's organizations.
- Has spoken at many Tea Parties in California.
- Moderate foreign policy (see below).
- Likes Hemp (see video).

Why right now?

It's early, but people are deciding right now between DeVore and Fiorina for the Primary. We need to make our voices heard right now, before the GOP machine fully endorses Fiorina.

How much?

Donate as little or as much as you want. Each new donor is like a vote. That statistic will help.

----
Q&A with Chuck:

Q: I have read that you are a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. How do feel about the rest of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights?
A: "I'm a supporter of the whole Constitution, including the Bill of Rights. Our government exists to secure our rights. I have voted against my own party on the floor of the Assembly specifically over Fourth and Fifth Amendment issues (former State Senator, now Congressman, Tom McClintock did as well on the same bills)."

Q: What's your take on taxes?
A: "High taxes not only harm the economy, they reduce our economic liberty. I support the Fair Tax -- but to really make it work, we have to repeal the 16th Amendment."

Q: How about spending?
A: Spending is way too high (and was under the previous President). I publicly opposed the bailout and the stimulus. Fiorina (the probable Republican Primary opponent) supported the bailout and supported aspects of the stimulus. High spending helps grow big government and leads to massive borrowing which will be a drag on our economy and increase pressure for higher taxes and a debasement of the currency.

Q: What's your position on the TARP and Stimulus programs?
A: "The TARP and Fiscal Stimulus will make things worse in the long run and I have repeatedly said so and written as much. Further, we only encourage moral hazard when government steps in to fix other people's messes."

Q: Do we really need the Federal Reserve? Would you support S. 604 (Audit the Federal Reserve) as a US Senator?
A: "I have publicly stated my support for auditing the Federal Reserve and have already publicly supported S.604. Once we know more about the Fed's operations, we can best determine what its future should be."

Q: What is your take on Foreign Policy?
A: "As for Foreign Policy (my degree is in this and I am an intelligence officer in the Army), I have never been a fan of direct foreign involvement. I liked the Reagan/Weinberger approach: promote freedom and liberty abroad by encouraging local people to work for it themselves (as we did in Poland and Central America)."

--
Go to the web page below for more info. There is a good interview with Reason TV near the bottom of the page:

http://septvote.blogspot.com/

Fr3shjive
09-28-2009, 04:22 PM
I'll give him a chance. He's done good in the California state legilature.

dannno
09-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Just hearing this guy talk in interviews you can tell he has a lot of potential.. Chuck is a hard liberty leaning candidate, and I think if groups like us begin to support him it can't hurt his political outlook.. If he's interviewing with Reason and starts getting support from the Liberty movement, I see him potentially heading towards becoming even more of a libertarian.

If he starts going in the other direction I'm going to have to quit supporting him, but I don't see any evidence that will happen.

Fr3shjive
09-28-2009, 04:35 PM
If he starts going in the other direction I'm going to have to quit supporting him, but I don't see any evidence that will happen.

+1

We already know he's better than Boxer but I dont want to see the same ole "cut taxes, cut spending" and then watch him vote for more spending and taxes.

Brian4Liberty
09-28-2009, 07:31 PM
We already know he's better than Boxer but I dont want to see the same ole "cut taxes, cut spending" and then watch him vote for more spending and taxes.

Lol! Yeah, Boxer is not hard to better. He has been consistent in the CA State government, that's all we can go on.

I have almost come to the conclusion that it is much more important to have the fiscal conservatives in the Congress than the Executive Branch...

TCE
09-28-2009, 07:38 PM
+1

Boxer is the main force behind Cap-and-Trade. DeVore has so little money right now, he needs help not only to win the primary, but to take on Boxer in the General. Also watch his video on the law to ban texting. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2338386&postcount=1

Brian4Liberty
09-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Boxer is the main force behind Cap-and-Trade.

Good point. Cap and Trade is a scam. They created a "cap and trade" type program for water in California and it is a complete disaster. The biggest problem is how "credits" get distributed. Pork at it's worse. Special interests and insiders get the credits, which are worth billions. Ever wonder why Goldman Sachs wants Cap and Trade? :rolleyes:

Brian4Liberty
09-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Only 3:30 hours to go! (PDT that is...)

Brian4Liberty
09-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Chuck is a hard liberty leaning candidate, and I think if groups like us begin to support him it can't hurt his political outlook.. If he's interviewing with Reason and starts getting support from the Liberty movement, I see him potentially heading towards becoming even more of a libertarian.

Exactly. Especially in California, where independents want a fiscal conservative, yet are not obsessed with social issues.

Flash
10-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Mission accomplished. :cool:

http://www.chuckdevore.com/