PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Comes to the Mountains (WKYT)

Kotin
09-28-2009, 03:06 PM
http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/62399677.html

Bowling Green Republican Rand Paul made a stop in laurel county this afternoon. U.S. Senate Republican Candidate Rand Paul says he is in the mountains to talk about a wide variety of issues, but one issue in particular.

“I’m talking about the health care reform and talking about how there needs to be another alternative,” Paul says. “Maybe it involves allowing the free market to work and not more government options.”

Rand was in London talking to supporters. He's also making stops in Harlan and Hazard.

More than 30 supporters came to the Shiloh’s Roadhouse in London to hear Rand Paul speak.

Supporters say he's the best choice to lead the Republican Party in the u-s senate race, in Kentucky.

“I really feel he represents the people as a whole and I think he has our interests unlike other politicians,” Callie Melton says.

“It's really nice to have somebody out, trying to get out and communicate with people and talk about issues that we really need to deal with as a state and a nation,” Chris Musgrave says.

Musgrave says if Paul is elected to the u-s senate, he could help bring the government back in check.

“The federal government is out of check,” Musgrave says. “There is nobody to oversee it. And make sure they're being honest and be accountable except for the congress and senate. And if congress and senate doesn't do that, there's nobody to do it.”

Paul says he is not a politician, which makes him the right candidate over Secretary of State Trey Grayson and Bill Johnson.

“I'm a physician,” Paul says. “I think people are ready for an outsider, not someone who's part of the system.”

Paul says he can work on both sides of the aisle if elected. He says it's not the party, it's the issue.

“If balanced budgets are good, we vote for balanced budgets,” Paul says. “If lower taxes are good, we vote for lower taxes whether the republicans or democrats support them.”

Paul will be making several more trips to the mountains in the coming months.

specsaregood
09-29-2009, 12:14 PM
bump, there is a video on the page