PDA

View Full Version : TakiMag: Beware of Rising Libertarians

Matt Collins
09-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Beware of Rising “Libertarians”
by Mike Payne (http://www.takimag.com/blogs/MikePayne) on September 24, 2009

http://www.takimag.com/sniperstower/article/beware_of_rising_libertarians/#When:01:39:42Z

dr. hfn
09-28-2009, 12:20 AM
lol

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-28-2009, 01:22 AM
nt

Bucjason
09-28-2009, 06:58 AM
yes beware...

because we're taking over the bus...

don't like non-intervention foreign policy?

tough shit we're taking over the bus...

and as soon as we get 51%

we're turning the bus around ramming non-intervention foreign policy right up your ass!

don't like it?

scared? you better be

we're taking over the bus...

i suggest you figure out how to get us all arrested as domestic terrorists

before we take over the bus...

i wish you would because the more oppression we endure

the faster we will take over the bus!

Hopefully we get to the steering wheel before that bus is driven off the cliff...

erowe1
09-28-2009, 06:59 AM
yes beware...

because we're taking over the bus...

don't like non-intervention foreign policy?

and as soon as we get 51%

we're turning the bus around ramming non-intervention foreign policy right up your ass!

don't like it?

scared? you better be

we're taking over the bus...

i suggest you figure out how to get us all arrested as domestic terrorists

before we take over the bus...

i wish you would because the more oppression we endure

the faster we will take over the bus!

I take it you didn't read the article?

MsDoodahs
09-28-2009, 07:42 AM
I take it you didn't read the article?

Evidently not.

UnReconstructed
09-28-2009, 08:46 AM
neo-Libertarianism was born on RPF's

torchbearer
09-28-2009, 08:48 AM
neo-Libertarianism was born on RPF's

I wouldn't give us that much credit. In May 2007, the people here were mostly long time libertarians who already knew who Ron Paul was...

lester1/2jr
09-28-2009, 08:48 AM
the whole teabagger movment is a toothless watered down ron paul revolution. we did all this last year with more intellectual depth and with the critical anti war component intact.

at the same time, is it a bad thing if libertarianism becomes trendy? I don't know

justinc.1089
09-28-2009, 09:14 AM
I wouldn't give us that much credit. In May 2007, the people here were mostly long time libertarians who already knew who Ron Paul was...

I'm guessing he meant like Beck, Palin, and Huckabee trying to sound more libertarian, but still being for an interventionist foreign policy.

But both ideas are interesting I think. There does seem to be a trend among popular neo-cons to try to appear more libertarian, and as a result of Ron Paul there does seem to be a new kind of libertarian out there like myself.

I mean I think of myself as a pro-border security pro-life libertarian, I think the republican party is the conduit for liberty not the libertarian party, and I think legions of Paul supporters out there are the same way that I am.

So both of those groups seem to have resulted from Ron's campaign and both seem much bigger than the libertarian party that is responseable for sparking them.

But only one group is actually sincere lol.

constituent
09-28-2009, 09:14 AM

and it was mostly crickets.

just sayin.

torchbearer
09-28-2009, 09:16 AM
and it was mostly crickets.

just sayin.

i know, i was responding to the accusation that neo-libertarianism was started here.
I don't think we get that credit.

lester1/2jr
09-28-2009, 09:26 AM
The GOP are sitting on the fence trying to decide how libertarian they want to be.

Matt Collins
09-28-2009, 09:49 AM
I take it you didn't read the article?Read the article?! HA! Who does that? :confused:

You must be new here :p:rolleyes:;)

inibo
09-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Read the article?! HA! Who does that? :confused:

You must be new here :p:rolleyes:;)

I read it. :P

Taki's is a good web site. I disagree with some of the "social conservative" agenda, but overall it is a good paleo-con site. They have some very good and very provocative articles.

UnReconstructed
09-28-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm guessing he meant like Beck, Palin, and Huckabee trying to sound more libertarian, but still being for an interventionist foreign policy.

But both ideas are interesting I think. There does seem to be a trend among popular neo-cons to try to appear more libertarian, and as a result of Ron Paul there does seem to be a new kind of libertarian out there like myself.

I mean I think of myself as a pro-border security pro-life libertarian, I think the republican party is the conduit for liberty not the libertarian party, and I think legions of Paul supporters out there are the same way that I am.

So both of those groups seem to have resulted from Ron's campaign and both seem much bigger than the libertarian party that is responseable for sparking them.

But only one group is actually sincere lol.

yea

lester1/2jr
09-28-2009, 03:46 PM
I like takimag. they used to have a comment section but it was lousy with nazis. to their discredit, the editors did not do much to stop them from posting there and I think a few of those guys are sympathetic to that stuff, not that I'm a PC police guy.

they eventually just shut the comments down. in general I'd say the paleo conservative columnists are by and large pretty cool, but their fans are another story

Matt Collins
09-28-2009, 03:49 PM
I read it. :P

Taki's is a good web site. I disagree with some of the "social conservative" agenda, but overall it is a good paleo-con site. They have some very good and very provocative articles.
Dr. Kevin Gutzman writes for Takimag.

forsmant
09-28-2009, 05:05 PM
This article really captures how I feel about politics.

Bucjason
09-29-2009, 06:47 AM
at the same time, is it a bad thing if libertarianism becomes trendy? I don't know

only if you are not really interested in Liberty , but only feeling exclusive and smarter than everyone else...

UnReconstructed
09-29-2009, 08:32 AM
nothing libertarian about "The War On:___________"

lester1/2jr
09-29-2009, 08:47 AM
bucjason- if the republicans wanted to curry favor with their constitutents by helping pass some of Ron puals legistlation, I think that would be a good thing, even if they were just doing it to hold on to power.

Dr. Kevin Gutzman writes for Takimag.

he takes ALOT of shit from the paleos there

BuddyRey
09-29-2009, 09:10 AM
I've linked to the article on SodaHead, in an effort to warn some of the conservatives and libertarians over there who are beginning to swallow the Glenn Beck Flavor-Aide.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/beware-of-rising-libertarians/news-27057/

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-03-2009, 01:29 PM
nt