PDA

View Full Version : Chuck DeVore debates on Texting and Driving Laws

Brian4Liberty
09-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Do we really need more laws?

YouTube - Assemblyman Chuck DeVore on the Dr. Phil Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YL4nHUwHSM)

Chuck DeVore is running against Barbara Boxer and Carly Fiorina for Senate in California...

forsmant
09-27-2009, 11:08 AM
No new laws

slothman
09-27-2009, 11:40 AM
I think both that and non-hands free phones should be illegal.
You are supposed to be driving and not talking or using you hands.

Brian4Liberty
09-27-2009, 12:07 PM
I think both that and non-hands free phones should be illegal.
You are supposed to be driving and not talking or using you hands.

There are already laws against reckless driving. It's obvious when drivers are distracted for any reason. Should you talk to passengers in your car? How about those noisy and disruptive children? Should government make a law for each and every detail of our lives?

It's perfectly acceptable to be "against" phone calls while driving, while at the same time being against the government making laws about it...

RyanRSheets
09-28-2009, 09:45 AM
There are already laws against reckless driving. It's obvious when drivers are distracted for any reason. Should you talk to passengers in your car? How about those noisy and disruptive children? Should government make a law for each and every detail of our lives?

It's perfectly acceptable to be "against" phone calls while driving, while at the same time being against the government making laws about it...

Exactly! I think anyone caught texting while driving and clearly not paying attention to the road should be charged with reckless driving. I don't support a law explicitly saying texting while driving is a crime, but I support using an existing law to cover it.