PDA

View Full Version : Bachmann and Young Americans For Liberty

DarkReign
09-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Why is the Ron Paul movement associating with Bachmann, a neocon? Can someone explain this please?

It's kind of embarassing. No one likes Bachmann, so why associate her?

ronpaulhawaii
09-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Why is the Ron Paul movement associating with Bachmann, a neocon? Can someone explain this please?

Well, speaking for myself, I believe peoples views change over time. I do know that MB has been attending RPs lunch group for a while now. Everyone has a different path to understanding liberty. Many people here were once neo-cons.

A side benefit of the TH event was the earned media, which I think the presence of both RP and MB helped increase.

disorderlyvision
09-27-2009, 08:28 AM
is there a tube up of her speech yet?

Conza88
09-27-2009, 08:42 AM
She appears genuine. Beck doesn't.

Watched Beck the otherday... so fake it's not funny. He has 0 sincerity.

Has she stopped being a neocon? Who knows?

specsaregood
09-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Uhm, by "no one" you are talking about whom? Because she is well liked by a lot of Republicans. Fact is, RP endorsed her last campaign season primarly because she is a "strong ally on monetary policy". Since many of us agree that our monetary policy is the root of most evils in our govt, that is an ally I'm glad he has.

is there a tube up of her speech yet?
YouTube - Rep Bachmann's Intro To Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJyYiH7g38s)
YouTube - Ron Paul's speech, with Michele Bachmann (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YleZcGvr5UQ)

disorderlyvision
09-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks specs

I missed the beggining of her speech, and my dad was wanting to see it. he got logged on just about the time Paul started.

btw my dad is a convert :) I have been steadily working on him for a few years and he is damn near more radical than I am now

TheConstitutionLives
09-27-2009, 09:18 AM

She invited HIM to speak. Is he supposed to not accept such an invitation? Come on.

specsaregood
09-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Thanks specs

I missed the beggining of her speech, and my dad was wanting to see it. he got logged on just about the time Paul started.

I was lucky enough to have a dad that told us all about the Fed. Res. early on --one of my brothers even did a book report on "the creature from...." in high school-- which is why I jumped on the RP wagon early on. I wish my dad had been around for the campaign, it would have gotten him to register to vote for the first time since goldwater.

If you find the video of the Q&A session, make sure to post the link back here. I haven't seen that.

klamath
09-27-2009, 09:44 AM

MB was the number one target by the national democratic machine last year in a very democratic year. She was reelected so apparently a lot of people DO like her.

MB is a friend of RP's, he endorsed her for reelection and she invited him to this meeting.
MB voted 80% with RP before Obama was elected so she has stood steady on her ideas so she has been one of the strongest allies of RP's ideas in congress.
She has her problems with her war votes but there a many many in the "RP movement" that have far worse deviations from RP's beliefs the MB and do far more harm to RP's beliefs the MB.

Bruno
09-27-2009, 11:43 AM
MB was the number one target by the national democratic machine last year in a very democratic year. She was reelected so apparently a lot of people DO like her.

MB is a friend of RP's, he endorsed her for reelection and she invited him to this meeting.
MB voted 80% with RP before Obama was elected so she has stood steady on her ideas so she has been one of the strongest allies of RP's ideas in congress.
She has her problems with her war votes but there a many many in the "RP movement" that have far worse deviations from RP's beliefs the MB and do far more harm to RP's beliefs the MB.

+1

AJ Antimony
09-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Who the hell is associating? She lives in Minnesota, so she invited Ron Paul to speak in Minnesota. That's all. YAL showed up for Ron Paul, not Backmann.

TCE
09-27-2009, 03:24 PM
I liked her until she voted for HR 2749: Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009...both times.

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-27-2009, 05:07 PM
I was at the event, and let me say that all the Bachmann people I talked to way ahead of the Dumbocrat protesters that were there (at least the ones that were real party hacks). Everyone I heard with a conservative bent was very much in favor of auditing or even abolishing the Federal Reserve.

A couple of the protesters I talked to refused to acknowledge the Fed was a problem at all, and shouldn't be audited. I guess they're too busy trying to take our money to set up rationed healthcare to give a damn about a private bank slinging trillions around with the state's blessing.

anaconda
09-27-2009, 07:09 PM
This is a hella tight speech by RP. He's getting more assertive and letting it flow naturally. This is far more electric than his 2008 campaign speeches.

anaconda
09-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Look at Bachmann at 15:36 - 15:38. She looks like she's forgotten that she's sitting in front of an auditorium full of people. She looks totally riveted on RP and absolutely blown away. Like, "so this is what a Ron Paul rally is like...I had no idea...." She seems swept up in the energy. I hope this speech inspired her to become anti-war.

tron paul
09-29-2009, 10:42 PM
http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/502*378/2bachmann0926.jpg