PDA

View Full Version : good to hear republican outrage! :)

heavenlyboy34
09-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Finally, it's gotten to the point that local conservative radio is absolutely PISSED at BO! :D (they're even invoking the Constitution! :eek::)) I'm so excited that the State is self destructing! Hooray for the r3volution! :cool:

/end rant

sevin
09-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Finally, it's gotten to the point that local conservative radio is absolutely PISSED at BO! :D (they're even invoking the Constitution! :eek::)) I'm so excited that the State is self destructing! Hooray for the r3volution! :cool:

/end rant

I'm more pessimistic. If this anti-democrat movement keeps going and a republican takes office in 2012, we'll be living in Orwell's 1984.

In other words, I fear that what looks good now will eventually morph into what we had during the Bush years, only worse.

heavenlyboy34
09-26-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm more pessimistic. If this anti-democrat movement keeps going and a republican takes office in 2012, we'll be living in Orwell's 1984.

In other words, I fear that what looks good now will eventually morph into what we had during the Bush years, only worse.

You're probably right, but I'm enjoying the moment (as hypocritical the neocons are in this:p:mad:)

tequilayan
09-26-2009, 09:42 PM
what looks good now will eventually morph into what we had during the Bush years?http://www.photosnag.com/img/4713/n09x0302vnsn/clear.gif

tonesforjonesbones
09-26-2009, 09:57 PM
So, we are not in Orwell's 1984 NOWW??????????????????????// TONES TONE TONES ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!!!!

Flash
09-26-2009, 10:01 PM

/end rant

I don't think the state can truly self-destruct if most of the population believes in having a government. If the US government fell unfortunately it would be replaced with a bunch of smaller governments.

sevin
09-26-2009, 10:18 PM
what looks good now will eventually morph into what we had during the Bush years?http://www.photosnag.com/img/4713/n09x0302vnsn/clear.gif

What I mean is: Right now there are all these people watching Glenn Beck and republicans thinking of themselves as libertarian, etc. But what if a neo-con takes office in 2012, expands the war ten-fold, expands the so-called patriot act, spends like there's no tomorrow... What if Beck and the conservative radio hosts rally behind this guy and the people all go for it? That would be really bad.

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-27-2009, 08:47 AM
ya the corrupt republicans will support the constitution until they are in office

tremendoustie
09-27-2009, 08:52 AM
I don't think the state can truly self-destruct if most of the population believes in having a government. If the US government fell unfortunately it would be replaced with a bunch of smaller governments.

I agree with this. However, paying attention to the constitution may be the first step to a realization that government causes far more problems than it solves, and fundamentally violates people's rights. It was for me. Paying attention at all is an improvement.

Yes, it could turn out badly. We'll see.

heavenlyboy34
09-27-2009, 08:55 AM
I agree with this. However, paying attention to the constitution may be the first step to a realization that government causes far more problems than it solves, and fundamentally violates people's rights. It was for me. Paying attention at all is an improvement.

Yes, it could turn out badly. We'll see.

qft :cool:

AdamT
09-27-2009, 09:28 AM
What I mean is: Right now there are all these people watching Glenn Beck and republicans thinking of themselves as libertarian, etc. But what if a neo-con takes office in 2012, expands the war ten-fold, expands the so-called patriot act, spends like there's no tomorrow... What if Beck and the conservative radio hosts rally behind this guy and the people all go for it? That would be really bad.

ding ding