PDA

View Full Version : Poll about tracking criminals with microchips

disorderlyvision
09-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Should our government track convicted criminals with microchip implants?

No (37%)
Yes (59%)
Don't Care (4%)

http://www.artesianews.com/

I am looking at newspapers in NM, and I ran across this poll.

Frickin 60% say yes:eek:

Justin D
09-26-2009, 07:01 PM
The government can make anyone out to be a criminal. Break just one law, and you're a "criminal".

Wampy
09-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Just my opinion but.....

OH HELL NO! If they are that dangerous, if their crime was that bad, they should still be in jail. If not, they have served their time and that's it. Period.

I know, it's for the children... Then it'll be for the children to track people with security clearances. Then people who work with money. Then child care providers. The welfare recipients. Yadda, yadda, yadda...

If they can do it, they will.

Oh, I almost forgot, RFID all guns sold to the public.... for those who can still buy them.

I say again.... OH HELL NO!

SimpleName
09-26-2009, 07:09 PM
YAY! More spending! What a great idea that'd be. People don't realize how all these stupid things add up. This is another great idea in theory that just won't work and isn't right in my mind. I would suppose it'd keep track of murderers, but who else would be brought under such a thing? Thieves? Drug users? Statutory rapists? These poor people serve their time, get a chance to renew their lives, but are constantly under government surveillance. First this power, then the next, then the next, and soon enough, every baby will be forced to have a microchip implanted JUST IN CASE they become psychotic. Safety first!

And as I've said with the death penalty and the thread about chemical castration in Poland yesterday...what says these people are TRULY guilty? Juries aren't always right.

awake
09-26-2009, 07:31 PM
You have an abusive government that sees every technological advancement as a new and productive means to mange the herd. They will make the argument that its for the criminals, but it will be used on everyone.

It makes me wonder if there is any truth to the phrase " Where government money flows, evil will grow".