PDA

View Full Version : Law & Order: *Torture* & the false *Ticking Time Bomb*

Reason
09-26-2009, 01:27 PM
YouTube - Law & Order: John Yoo ripped from the headlines - good faith and the Ticking Time Bomb (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uaou4jgsuRQ)

KCIndy
09-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Well....

Once again I raise the question that I've asked so many times in the past:

Doesn't the U.S. government have some sort of "truth serum" style drug that could be used in the case of urgent, time-restricted interrogations? Think about it! We've mapped the human genome, we can create "designer" drugs and we should, at this point, have decades of research regarding mind altering chemicals. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence among those in the medical community, and especially those who specialize in anesthesia, of various surgical-level anesthetics causing people to babble completely without inhibition while awakening after an operation.

Even if we didn't have such a drug in the immediate aftermath of 9-11, it's now been over five years since the whole question of torture came to the forefront. Five years!

I find it impossible to believe that there isn't some sort of "truth drug" in the arsenal of U.S. interrogation tricks.

Hell, even sticking three or four guys in a small room and letting them pass around a bag of high-potency "weed" would probably be more effective than torture.

It really makes me wonder - are the interrogators simply that dumb, or are they that sadistic? At this point, it seems like the answer is one or the other, if not both. :(