bobbyw24
09-26-2009, 09:38 AM
http://belowthebeltway.com/2009/09/26/mark-levin-owes-ron-paul-an-apology/

heavenlyboy34
09-26-2009, 09:40 AM
lol @ Levin

torchbearer
09-26-2009, 09:56 AM
I think technically our founders were known as liberals, not conservatives.

bobbyw24
09-26-2009, 09:58 AM

Classic Liberals

Ludwig von Mises, Friedrich Hayek, and Milton Friedman, are credited with influencing a revival of classical liberalism in the twentieth century after it fell out of favor beginning in the late nineteenth century and much of the twentieth century.[11][12] In relation to economic issues, this revival is sometimes referred to, mainly by its opponents, as "neoliberalism".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_liberalism

torchbearer
09-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Classic Liberals

Ludwig von Mises, Friedrich Hayek, and Milton Friedman, are credited with influencing a revival of classical liberalism in the twentieth century after it fell out of favor beginning in the late nineteenth century and much of the twentieth century.[11][12] In relation to economic issues, this revival is sometimes referred to, mainly by its opponents, as "neoliberalism".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_liberalism

right, they are known as classical liberals now, but in their day, i believe they were known as just liberals.

bobbyw24
09-26-2009, 10:07 AM
right, they are known as classical liberals now, but in their day, i believe they were known as just liberals.

Just like when the Rolling Stones made their best music it was just Rock music and today we call it Classic Rock

torchbearer
09-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Just like when the Rolling Stones made their best music it was just Rock music and today we call it Classic Rock

yup.

FrankRep
09-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Just labels, words change over time.

torchbearer
09-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Just labels, words change over time.

Mark Levin was wrong. That is the point. He acts like he knows shit, but really, all he knows is shit.

heavenlyboy34
09-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Mark Levin was wrong. That is the point. He acts like he knows shit, but really, all he knows is shit.

qft! He's a typical smoke-blowin, know-nothing lawyer. :p

1000-points-of-fright
09-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Anytime Levin or any other Reagan worshiping "conservative" goes off about libertarianism vs conservatism vs the Founders, just give them this Reagan qoute:

If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals–if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is.

Now, I can’t say that I will agree with all the things that the present group who call themselves Libertarians in the sense of a party say, because I think that like in any political movement there are shades, and there are libertarians who are almost over at the point of wanting no government at all or anarchy. I believe there are legitimate government functions. There is a legitimate need in an orderly society for some government to maintain freedom or we will have tyranny by individuals. The strongest man on the block will run the neighborhood. We have government to insure that we don’t each one of us have to carry a club to defend ourselves. But again, I stand on my statement that I think that libertarianism and conservatism are travelling the same path.

They either have to concede or denounce their idol.

Staupostek
09-26-2009, 12:57 PM
I just love the way he demands the caller answer his question, and then when he does, Levin shouts over him (you can barely hear the caller say Jefferson) so you can't hear the answer, then goes off on the guy in the most condescending way possible because the caller supposedly didn't know the answer. Just shows he is a typical lawyer/politician, who cares nothing about principles or right and wrong. All he cares about it winning every argument and election by any means possible.

amy31416
09-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Stupid, egotistical people are incapable of sincerely apologizing even when they know they're wrong. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Liberty Star
09-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Dick Cheney and Rumsfeld also owe RP an apology.

Luckily, Glenn becvk has already apologized.

anaconda
09-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Listening or caring about an apology from some idiot who is terribly uninformed will only increase his ratings and make us look defensive.

heavenlyboy34
09-26-2009, 01:57 PM
After some experience debating idiots from left and right, I've determined that it's better not to wrestle pigs. I'm mostly sticking to getting info out there now. As the old saying goes "when you wrestle a pig, you both get dirty-but the pig actually enjoys it".

Bucjason
09-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Yes, he does owe Ron Paul an apology.

SimpleName
09-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Joint resolutions to agree to war. Now, I've heard this before. Can anyone explain what precisely is the difference between a resolution to go to war and a formal declaration? I'd really like to know before I use the "undeclared wars" phrase again.

torchbearer
09-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Joint resolutions to agree to war. Now, I've heard this before. Can anyone explain what precisely is the difference between a resolution to go to war and a formal declaration? I'd really like to know before I use the "undeclared wars" phrase again.

a declaration of war is the constitutional act of the congress declaring war on another nation.
a resolution, as it has been used, is an unconstitutional act of congress delegating its powers of war declaration to the president.

SimpleName
09-26-2009, 04:59 PM
a declaration of war is the constitutional act of the congress declaring war on another nation.
a resolution, as it has been used, is an unconstitutional act of congress delegating its powers of war declaration to the president.

AH HA! Thank you torchbearer!

heavenlyboy34
09-26-2009, 05:01 PM

qft! :cool: