PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at this conspiracy book written by a CFR member...

emazur
09-26-2009, 03:30 AM
David J. Rothkopf

He has also served as a senior advisor to the director general of the United National Industrial Development Organization and on the board of directors of the U.S. Committee on NATO. He is currently a member of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) and is also a frequent senior advisor to the World Economic Forum. He is currently participating in or has participated in a variety of task forces and study groups with the CFR, the Carnegie Endowment

Superclass: The Global Power Elite and the World They Are Making
http://www.amazon.com/Superclass-Global-Power-Elite-Making/dp/0374272107
From The Washington Post, Reviewed by Anne-Marie Slaughter

Still, Superclass is often thought-provoking. For one thing, it is as much about who is not part of the superclass as who is. As I read Rothkopf's chronicles of elite gatherings -- Davos, Bilderberg, the Bohemian Grove (all male), Fathers and Sons (all male) -- I was repeatedly struck by the near absence of women. Fortune magazine's annual Most Powerful Women Summit, the only elite gathering I know of that is restricted to women, didn't even rate a mention. And indeed, when Rothkopf summarizes "how to become a member of the superclass," his first rule is "be born a man." Only 6 percent of the superclass is female.

Superclass is written in part as a consciousness-raising exercise for members of the superclass themselves. Rothkopf worries that "the world they are making" is deeply unequal and ultimately unstable. He hopes that the current global elite will use their power to do more than egg each other on to high-profile philanthropy. Elites in radically unequal countries such as Chile, for instance, might decide to open their cozy circles of power to allow the emergence of a genuine middle class. New York bankers might realize that they can no longer peddle loans to developing countries in good times but then pressure the U.S. Treasury and the International Monetary Fund to bail out those same governments when they suddenly default on their debts (ensuring, of course, that the bankers get paid). The agribusinesses that reap billions from domestic subsidies in developed countries might consider the longer-term value of trade rather than aid for countries at the bottom of the global food chain.

Also might be of interest:
Running the World: The Inside Story of the National Security Council and the Architects of American Power
http://www.amazon.com/Running-World-National-Security-Architects/dp/1586484230/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253956908&sr=1-3

"At last, a real history of the National Security Council, from its origins after World War II through its transformative Nixon - Kissinger era to its present role at the center of American national security policy-making. As an insider, Rothkopf knows how it works; as a skilled storyteller and historian, he brings it to life, in a book rich with new insights and new information." --Richard Holbrooke, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations

and

Common Market : Uniting the European Community (An Impact book) by Carol Rothkopf and David Rothkopf (Hardcover - 1977)
http://www.amazon.com/Common-Market-Uniting-European-Community/dp/0531012727/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253956908&sr=1-10

Discusses European history and the beginning of the Common Market, its present structure, benefits to members, and its future.

emazur
09-26-2009, 03:33 PM
bump

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-26-2009, 03:51 PM
I've heard about Superclass, I might pick it up the next time I'm looking for a political read. Thanks for mentioning it.

libertygrl
09-26-2009, 03:59 PM
I would also highly recommend "The Shadows of Power: The Council on Foreign Relations and the American Decline" by James Perloff. I purchased a copy at one of the tables set up before Ron Paul spoke on Sept. 17 at the Valley Forge Convention Center. It's only $11.00. I intend to buy more copies to give out to people. It explains EVERYTHING and is well written - like an historic novel. It will certainly be an eye opener for people to read:

http://www.amazon.com/Shadows-Power-Council-Relations-American/dp/0882791346/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254002037&sr=1-1

Catatonic
09-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Basically this is how it seems to work:

[Evil Internationalist] - Hey guise we're setting up a global financial dictatorship.

[Conspiracy Theorist] - Hey everyone this guy says there's a global financial dictatorship being set up

[Bill O'Reilly] - NO! THATS CRAZY! CONSPIRACIES DONT EXIST AND IF YOU EVEN CONSIDER THE NOTION THAT THEY DO YOU ARE A NUT JOB TOO! DON'T LISTEN TO HIM, LISTEN TO ME! I AM ON TV! TEEEEEE VEEEEEEEEEE!

[Sheeple] - You got it Bill. Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. :)

tangent4ronpaul
09-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Basically this is how it seems to work:

[Evil Internationalist] - Hey guise we're setting up a global financial dictatorship.

[Conspiracy Theorist] - Hey everyone this guy says there's a global financial dictatorship being set up

[Bill O'Reilly] - NO! THATS CRAZY! CONSPIRACIES DONT EXIST AND IF YOU EVEN CONSIDER THE NOTION THAT THEY DO YOU ARE A NUT JOB TOO! DON'T LISTEN TO HIM, LISTEN TO ME! I AM ON TV! TEEEEEE VEEEEEEEEEE!

[Sheeple] - You got it Bill. Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. :)

LOL!

-t

SimpleName
09-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Not sure where the guy is coming from though. He thinks the "superclass" shouldn't exist or that they should just be more caring? Either way, seems like a very interesting read.

emazur
09-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Not sure where the guy is coming from though. He thinks the "superclass" shouldn't exist or that they should just be more caring? Either way, seems like a very interesting read.

I haven't read it, but probably he falls into the "be more caring" category. I've heard Griffin's opinion on the people involved in creating the new world order - most of them actually think they are doing something beneficial - equality, justice, order, and all that jazz. They don't stop to think about how the other people involved in creating the new world order will use it to obtain more power, wealth, and control.

pcosmar
09-26-2009, 05:19 PM
I haven't read it, but probably he falls into the "be more caring" category. I've heard Griffin's opinion on the people involved in creating the new world order - most of them actually think they are doing something beneficial - equality, justice, order, and all that jazz. They don't stop to think about how the other people involved in creating the new world order will use it to obtain more power, wealth, and control.
This quote seems to fit,

, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better.
And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.
Malcolm Reynolds