PDA

View Full Version : Cop says "I will kill you right here" - Holds kid to the ground gripping throat...

Reason
09-25-2009, 11:38 PM
YouTube - AUGUSTA, Ga police officer chokes teenager on video sep 24 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJaz1kNwBuY)

Info from the video description sidebar.

Raw video: AUGUSTA,Ga. September 12/09.The incident that led to a school police officer being fired was caught on tape, and that video has now been released.

A Richmond County Board of Education officer was fired for choking a student after the Josey/Academy of Richmond County football game at ARC stadium.

The newly-released video shows the officer lunging towards the student, throwing him on the ground, after the student appears to have said "I will punch you" to the officer.

The officer continues with several statements, including "I'm not your daddy, I will kill you," all the while holding the student by the throat on the ground.

Seconds later, two other officers approach, separate the two, and order the officer to stay back.

The officer was never ordered to take a drug test.

An appeal of the officer's firing was filed with the board yesterday. The board will hear arguments and decide whether to leave the termination in place or reinstate the officer.

Louis Svehla with the Richmond County School System tells News 12 the student involved in the incident is an eighth grader who attends the Laney 8th grade academy. Svehla says the principal "is aware of the incident and will be looking into any code of conduct violations by the student".

Captain Bryan
09-25-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm still waiting for the time this happens and the crowd decides the cop was out of line and does something about it.

brandon
09-25-2009, 11:53 PM
I need to stay out of these types of threads.....they make me have thoughts I'd rather not have.

I had my jaw smashed open by a cop when i was 17 years old for denying the cops access to my dad's house.

Reason
09-25-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm still waiting for the time this happens and the crowd decides the cop was out of line and does something about it.

Gotta love that scene in "V for Vendetta" where the cop shoots the kid and the adults pick up various objects and proceed to walk towards the cop...

FSP-Rebel
09-25-2009, 11:54 PM

Captain Bryan
09-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Gotta love that scene in "V for Vendetta" where the cop shoots the kid and the adults pick up various objects and proceed to walk towards the cop...

That's generally what pops into my head when I see videos like this.

Captain Bryan
09-25-2009, 11:56 PM

I'm not saying I want it to happen.
I just know it will.

Reason
09-26-2009, 12:10 AM
talking about this on the rpforum vent server right now if anyone wants to join

dr. hfn
09-26-2009, 12:58 AM
people are cowards. im not.

justinc.1089
09-26-2009, 01:12 AM

V for Vendetta is looking more and more like reality everyday.

England's PM even looks like the head Chancellor I think he was called in V for Vendetta now lol. I think Brown looks like the guy from that movie. I can't remember the guy's name in the movie though.

And now the way the police are getting crazier and crazier with riot squads, response teams, SWAT units, LRADS, non-lethal bullets, tazers, etc., they look like the police out of Vendetta too more and more everyday.

The only thing that has not shown up yet is real domestic terrorism like in Vendetta, although I would hate to see that day come. That would be truly sad if the day comes where the government here becomes so bad that they push our own people not just to fight back in defense like that girl did in Pittsburgh, but go do something much worse trying to fight the government.

I do wonder though how far these idiots in our government really truly intend to go in their own minds, and how fast they intend to get there. And that makes me wonder what the response by all of us and our fellow people will be too.

I just don't understand why you would have police that are like the military the way they look and act with all that stuff like LRADs, body armor, riot shields, batons, tazers, tear gas, rubber bullets, water cannons, pepperspray, guns, and so on.

Don't the people making decisions on whether or not to get that stuff understand they're not in the military and that their job is to protect us, not treat us like an enemy they have to either totally subdue or kill? I don't get it at all. I guess the people in charge of those police departments just think there really is an army of dangerous citizens running around on the streets when there is not. Its really sad.

Baptist
09-26-2009, 01:48 AM

I'm not saying I want it to happen.
I just know it will.

Yeah. As I was watching the G20 footage online, I was reminded of a post here somebody made awhile ago. It was a description from the Revolution. Something to do with some citizen getting shot, and within a few hours the rest of the citizens in the entire surrounding area armed themselves and descended upon the town.

phill4paul
09-26-2009, 01:53 AM
I won't take a knife to a gun fight. Don't bring a rubber bullet to a potential lead fight. Just sayin'

THEY have been taught that THEY own the streets. The time is coming when THEY will walk in the fear or trepidition that we walk in now. Just sayin'

Dreamofunity
09-26-2009, 05:16 AM
I need to stay out of these types of threads.....they make me have thoughts I'd rather not have.

I had my jaw smashed open by a cop when i was 17 years old for denying the cops access to my dad's house.

I feel the same in every police abuse thread.

I was tased at 15 in front of my mom and therapist for refusing to stand up.

BillyDkid
09-26-2009, 05:45 AM
I'm still waiting for the time this happens and the crowd decides the cop was out of line and does something about it.Yeah, like in the movie V.

s35wf
09-26-2009, 08:03 AM
this is SAD; these kids werent doing nothing wrong; just hanging out standing around talking after a game; what was their crime, not leaving a game fast enough??? wtf :eek: :mad:

s35wf
09-26-2009, 08:06 AM
PS; the Parents of these kids in this district should be ALL over this BS! I hope someone in that school district takes a stand; this is police brutality!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Don't the people making decisions on whether or not to get that stuff understand they're not in the military and that their job is to protect us, not treat us like an enemy they have to either totally subdue or kill?

No, they don't. But the decision makers are not the biggest problem. It's also the officers themselves. They call us civilians and often tell themselves it's them against us. They forget that they themselves are civilians and they are tasked with being our last line of defense.

In theory, police are supposed to be part of the community and are supposed to refuse to enforce unjust laws. But police organizations usually prefer to hire military, and they've formed a military culture to the detriment of the citizens. It's like they think they're on a military "peacekeeping" mission.

Not only that, but it provides for sickening entertainment too. Yesterday, I watched a show where 15 swat officers stormed into a home fully armed breaking the door down. It turns out that someone bought weed at that house 2 days earlier. :( They pretty much have unlimited resources for nonsense like that.

pcosmar
09-26-2009, 08:24 AM
I feel the same in every police abuse thread.

I was tased at 15 in front of my mom and therapist for refusing to stand up.

I was 16, Had a Cop cock his gun behind my ear. I was walking down a street to get a Pizza.
That was the first barrel I stared down. It was not the last.
I have looked down several barrels since. I am 52. :(

Dianne
09-26-2009, 09:50 AM
The caption was "Racist World" ... I'm not sure I understand that when it was a black on black crime. Actually the white officer intervened to help the young man out.. you could tell he was concerned his partner had gone off the deep end.

These police officers have become rabid. Do you think there is some type of brainwashing going on in the police academy?

JeNNiF00F00
09-26-2009, 09:52 AM
The caption was "Racist World" ... I'm not sure I understand that when it was a black on black crime. Actually the white officer intervened to help the young man out.. you could tell he was concerned his partner had gone off the deep end.

These police officers have become rabid. Do you think there is some type of brainwashing going on in the police academy?

Its arrogance. This is what happens when someone has too much control over another person. Especially when those people are young and probably don't know what their rights are.

devil21
09-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Its not a good idea to threaten a cop regardless of your age ("Man I will punch you!") but a cop must have judgment enough to know that an 8th grader isn't a legitimate threat and that a physical reaction like that is entirely inappropriate. I hope his firing stands. If his judgment is that poor then he's a danger to everyone else.

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-26-2009, 01:39 PM
kids are giving the cop a problem, as long as he's not tasing them or what not nothing wrong here.

Reason
09-26-2009, 01:41 PM
kids are giving the cop a problem, as long as he's not tasing them or what not nothing wrong here.

wow...

so slamming him to the ground and gripping his throat while saying "I will kill you right here" is perfectly okay?

You must not have kids...

Or moral principles...

Or a liberty mindset...

james1906
09-26-2009, 03:08 PM

If a cop feels he could lose a fight to an 8th grader, he's in the wrong line of work.

Also, I'm shocked by this thread. Not because of the brutality, but that the cop was fired. Isn't 3-5 days paid leave the standard punishment in this instance?

Bucjason
09-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Don't Tase me , Bro !!!!

Captain Bryan
09-26-2009, 04:05 PM
If a cop feels he could lose a fight to an 8th grader, he's in the wrong line of work.

Also, I'm shocked by this thread. Not because of the brutality, but that the cop was fired. Isn't 3-5 days paid leave the standard punishment in this instance?

I thought that was a little odd too.

Reason
09-27-2009, 04:06 PM
I thought that was a little odd too.

Indeed.

TRIGRHAPPY
09-27-2009, 09:40 PM

I have to agree. The kid said "I will punch you in the motherfuckin face".

You must not have kids...

Or moral principles...

Or a liberty mindset...

Maybe he has kids that he expects to comply when an officer tells him to leave because loitering is prohibited......and not threaten to assault the cop.

A "liberty mindset" doesn't mean you have to be stupid. This kid obviously had a total absence of parental guidance. Horrible parenting has done a hell of a lot more harm to this country than any single egotistical overbearing cop could ever do.

Yes, the cop should lose his job......and the kid should go to juvy for threatening a police officer for absolutely no reason.

TNforPaul45
09-27-2009, 10:42 PM
I have to agree. The kid said "I will punch you in the motherfuckin face".

Maybe he has kids that he expects to comply when an officer tells him to leave because loitering is prohibited......and not threaten to assault the cop.

A "liberty mindset" doesn't mean you have to be stupid. This kid obviously had a total absence of parental guidance. Horrible parenting has done a hell of a lot more harm to this country than any single egotistical overbearing cop could ever do.

Yes, the cop should lose his job......and the kid should go to juvy for threatening a police officer for absolutely no reason.

The "threat" against Police Officers and "obstruction" of justice charges have been used WAY too liberally against regular citizens over the recent years. I walk a very fine line when I say that threat is totally different from an action. This notion that the cops are gods who we must avert our eyes too, and not speak to, is insanity. NO, cops should never be hurt or attacked in the line of duty of protecting us, YES they should be given respect, when they both earn it and honor the rights of people, and not become overbearing mini-dictators, YES a cop has every full right that anyone else has to defend themselves if immediately inflicted with harm or attack. These are indisputable. YES the cop had the right to seize and charge the kid with loitering for disobeying the law. But NO, the cop has no right to attack and take his anger and frustration out on a dumb kid, who responded to the cop in the same language that he uses among his friends and pals. Go and listen to any 14-19 year old male these days, it's "F-you" this and "F That" and "I'll beat the living sh*t out of you" as responses to just normal, every day language.

[tounge in cheek] Indeed, maybe the cop, in saying what he did, was just trying to speak the kid's, like any teenager's, natural language, in effect saying "Hello Chap, be a good bloke and kindly lay down so that I may keep you from harm whilst loitering, what say you have at it?" [tounge in cheek]