PDA

View Full Version : Any news of how the New Hampshire walk is going?

LibertyEagle
09-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Anyone?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Anyone?

yeah, why isn't it being talked about more? wtf. It's our insurance if we don't get a bump with the media after 3Q numbers are out.

LibertyEagle
09-30-2007, 12:19 PM
They're probably all busy campaigning. We'll probably hear something tomorrow.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-30-2007, 12:21 PM
yeah.. imo, it's always good to have a project to fall back on.

Example? If Q3 numbers are out and media STILL ignores us, well, we'll have this nh walk as insurance

and vice versa...

always have a project to raise optimism, and to fall back on

RobotJaxxon
09-30-2007, 12:46 PM
I was there yesterday, and I can't speak for everyone, but it kinda felt like a waste of time to me. About 9 out of 10 addresses I was given had no one home. I think that has something to do with the beautiful weather, possibly the last nice weekend of the year.

Also, most of the addresses I was given were in apartment or condo complexes that were either locked or had "No Solicitation" signs posted.

That being said, I did get to talk to a few people. Some were undecided and recepitve to hearing about Dr. Paul. Several people said "No Thanks" and pretty much shut the door on me. I met one lady who said she's working for the Hillary campaign. I got no more than 30 seconds with anyone.

However, some of the other people I was with did meet some people supporting Ron Paul, invited them in to talk, it was very encouraging.

Overall, I kinda wish the NH campaign people had been a little more diligent about choosing the addresses to send us to. I was happy to drive out and see "No Solicitation" signs on apartment buildings, but they could have assumed that was the case (have you ever seen an apartment complex that allows solicitation?!?) and sent me to a neighborhood with houses. I just didn't feel like I was helping much.

sunny
09-30-2007, 12:50 PM
i was there yesterday and it was great........lots of ron paul hope for america signs all around and in the park.......lots of people - more than than is being reported.
i'd like to put some pics i took full screen on the page here but don't know how........anybody?
i don't even know how to get a .jpg on here if it's not a url.

sunny
09-30-2007, 12:57 PM
I was there yesterday, and I can't speak for everyone, but it kinda felt like a waste of time to me. About 9 out of 10 addresses I was given had no one home. I think that has something to do with the beautiful weather, possibly the last nice weekend of the year.

Also, most of the addresses I was given were in apartment or condo complexes that were either locked or had "No Solicitation" signs posted.

That being said, I did get to talk to a few people. Some were undecided and recepitve to hearing about Dr. Paul. Several people said "No Thanks" and pretty much shut the door on me. I met one lady who said she's working for the Hillary campaign. I got no more than 30 seconds with anyone.

However, some of the other people I was with did meet some people supporting Ron Paul, invited them in to talk, it was very encouraging.

Overall, I kinda wish the NH campaign people had been a little more diligent about choosing the addresses to send us to. I was happy to drive out and see "No Solicitation" signs on apartment buildings, but they could have assumed that was the case (have you ever seen an apartment complex that allows solicitation?!?) and sent me to a neighborhood with houses. I just didn't feel like I was helping much.

yes, that's true........we canvassed for a while and hardly anyone was home cuz it was a beautiful day.....also, the lists put out for drivers/walkers were targeting registered republicans - so that seemed limiting to me. i had the same feeling tho too, that we weren't helping much.

one interesting thing tho was the guy who is running for mayor in manchester was on our list and we got to talk to him.....a republican.....he watched the debates and really likes dr. paul. said he made sense. so that was cool!

the package we got of people to canvas was about 10 pages long and we never got that far......it was discouraging when hardly anyone was home. although we left info on every doorstep - by info i mean that we left a slim jim which was what the campaign handed out to us.

in the beginning he had to tear himself away from all the people that
circled around him wanting autographs and pictures taken with him.

during the speech dr. ron paul had the crowd cheering tho - it was a wonderful site!

Brent H
09-30-2007, 01:12 PM
No one should consider their efforts to be wasted. Simply leaving slim jims at doors will pick up some new voters. Remember, you aren't competing against all the people you tried to visit -- you are competing against the other campaigns that failed to distribute literature for their candidates.