PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: Just got my copies of "For Liberty"

Deborah K
09-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed it. I laughed, I cried, I got pissed, I learned, I am renewed. If you haven't gotten your copies yet, please get them! I bought ten to start and plan to mail them to media and radio and family and friends as a way to spread the word about how you make a grassroots movement work.

It is professional, it is unique, it is a tutorial on how to get the freakin job done.

Maybe we didn't get him elected, but we got his message out and it has permeated all corners of this country. No one ever talked about the Constitution until Ron Paul came on the scene.

This film has rejuvenated me!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

angelatc
09-25-2009, 07:40 PM
I had the same reaction. This movie really re-ignites the fever.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
09-25-2009, 07:57 PM
dang it! can't wait!!

MikeStanart
09-25-2009, 07:57 PM
I just got done watching it.

I love it guys!!!

Whenever you're feeling hopeless; just pop this DVD in, and know there's a fellow patriot out there willing to fight a future battle with you!

AdamT
09-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the kind words, it's this that makes all the effort worth it. So, I take it you can live with the "I got drunk" line? :eek::)

Thoroughly enjoyed it. I laughed, I cried, I got pissed, I learned, I am renewed. If you haven't gotten your copies yet, please get them! I bought ten to start and plan to mail them to media and radio and family and friends as a way to spread the word about how you make a grassroots movement work.

It is professional, it is unique, it is a tutorial on how to get the freakin job done.

Maybe we didn't get him elected, but we got his message out and it has permeated all corners of this country. No one ever talked about the Constitution until Ron Paul came on the scene.

Baptist
09-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Does it have any cussing or sex in it?

Serious question. It determines if I'll get it and if my family/extended family can.

[edit] sex may seem funny... but you could have put some topless Keene residents in it or something.

angelatc
09-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Does it have any cussing or sex in it?

Serious question. It determines if I'll get it and if my family/extended family can.

[edit] sex may seem funny... but you could have put some topless Keene residents in it or something.

IIRC, I think 1 swear word, but it's not the F bomb or anything extremely crude. "A$$" maybe, as in "we worked our ***es off."

No nudity. No drugs.

tonesforjonesbones
09-25-2009, 11:32 PM
I ordered my copy tonight and sent emails around. tones

tonesforjonesbones
09-25-2009, 11:32 PM
How can we get this in film festivals? is anyone researching it? I bet there are a lot of them in the country. tones

Baptist
09-25-2009, 11:45 PM
IIRC, I think 1 swear word, but it's not the F bomb or anything extremely crude. "A$$" maybe, as in "we worked our ***es off."

No nudity. No drugs.

Cool, thanks.

I'm trying to convince the Ron Paul people in my town and the next city over to go in on a bunch together. They always pass out DVDs at every gun show that comes to their town so I'm hoping that they will order the activist pack of For Liberty.

newbitech
09-26-2009, 12:17 AM
I got mine today and let me tell you I loved it for all the reasons stated above and more.

Let me tell you what happened tonight. I cooked some steaks on the grill tonight and had a neighbor over that I have been working on. His wife was off at her parents visiting family from out of town.

Now I have known this guy for a while over 2 years and we are pretty good friends. He has listened to me about this movement for a while, but never really seemed interested. Well that all changed tonight!!

I had a youtube up on the big screen that I was watching while doing up the mashed potatoes. It was the youtube of the kids at the university in pitts getting gassed. He saw the title and was like WTF man. We watched it. He was like man that is fucked up.

So then I said hey well on the bright side we finally got our Audit the Fed hearing today. Then I pointed to the copy of the For Liberty video that was still in the wrapper. I said man, that is the answer to all of this shit.

I explained briefly what is was, and he was like. Hey we should watch that. I said yeah I plan on it. And he was like, NO we should watch that right now.

Well well well. This is EXACTLY why I ordered this video! And the video delivered! Hurrahh!!! I am sure this is going to end good for my friend and neighbor. I know he has been apathetic, but damned if watching the grassroots in action doesn't start to cure that!

Thanks again for the wonderful documentary. I look forward to sharing more of these incidents in the future!

Perry
09-26-2009, 12:27 AM

Maybe we didn't get him elected yet, but we got his message out and it has permeated all corners of this country. No one ever talked about the Constitution until Ron Paul came on the scene.

Fixed.

Conza88
09-26-2009, 01:17 AM
:D Always knew it would have this effect. Look for the oldies coming back out of the woodwork.

And come the new campaign, 2010 / presidential campaign in 2012... this will be perfect for those just joining..

"Hey guys, this is what you missed"...

Which is why this should get up on youtube as planned, after a while of selling dvd's.

Bradley in DC
09-26-2009, 02:02 AM
Just watched it--really liked it, stayed up till the middle of the night having to watch all of the bonus features with extra footage, just couldn't get enough...

amy31416
09-26-2009, 03:12 AM
I just got it yesterday and watched it last night.

Very well done, very professional, quite the walk down memory lane.

I just want to know why Natalie never once looks up while Bryan and Josh are being interviewed!

Conza88
09-26-2009, 05:42 AM
I just got it yesterday and watched it last night.

Very well done, very professional, quite the walk down memory lane.

I just want to know why Natalie never once looks up while Bryan and Josh are being interviewed!

Natalie was very busy fulfilling her role as the forums coolest member. :cool:

AdamT
09-26-2009, 07:34 AM
How can we get this in film festivals? is anyone researching it? I bet there are a lot of them in the country. tones

We're going to enter it in a bunch of festivals. Starting to work on that now.

LibertyEagle
09-26-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm still waiting for my copy to get here. Can't wait to see it.

ClayTrainor
09-26-2009, 08:39 AM
i'm still waiting for my copy to get here. Can't wait to see it.

+1 :d

amy31416
09-26-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm still waiting for my copy to get here. Can't wait to see it.

It was shipped from Wisconsin--I got mine yesterday, bet you'll get yours today or tomorrow at the latest. :)

Deborah K
09-26-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the kind words, it's this that makes all the effort worth it. So, I take it you can live with the "I got drunk" line? :eek::)

Yeah, but I'm still worried about my Dad seeing it. :o I know that's stupid since I'm a grown woman, and a grandmother at that. But, I love my Dad and I care about what he thinks and he will most likely think it was undignified. Oh well, I guess it's a good thing he doesn't read some of my posts. :D My Dad and my Uncle. Those two I'm worried about.

tonesforjonesbones
09-26-2009, 04:23 PM
I hope you have good luck with the festivals..and nice article on Huffington by the way. tones

llepard
09-27-2009, 10:27 AM
I got my copy yesterday and sat down and watched it all straight through.

BRAVO. The production quality was outstanding. Excellent photography and editing. Could have been produced in Hollywood.

Great pace, great message, great humor. The parts I like the least were the parts where I was speaking. I look like a geek and hate seeing myself on video. Clearly, I need some media training.

Anway, the whole thing brought back the wonderful feeling that the campaign captured and although we lost, we really won because each act stands on its own merits.

I am re-energized.

I cried when Michael Nystrom teared up at the end.

I think we should make a list of demands, kind of a Manifesto, and try to develop a ground swell movement behind it. "The Freedom Manifesto"

Print it, repeat it, explain it, kind of a combination of Common Sense, the Communist Manifesto (different content) and Martin Luther's theses.

This would be the natural follow on. EDUCATION. For Liberty does a great job of telling the story of the campaign. We need a companion DVD that tells the WHY of the campaign and what changes we demand.

Best to all. We will win, it will just take time.

Larry

amy31416
09-27-2009, 11:31 AM
I got my copy yesterday and sat down and watched it all straight through.

BRAVO. The production quality was outstanding. Excellent photography and editing. Could have been produced in Hollywood.

Great pace, great message, great humor. The parts I like the least were the parts where I was speaking. I look like a geek and hate seeing myself on video. Clearly, I need some media training.

Anway, the whole thing brought back the wonderful feeling that the campaign captured and although we lost, we really won because each act stands on its own merits.

I am re-energized.

I cried when Michael Nystrom teared up at the end.

I think we should make a list of demands, kind of a Manifesto, and try to develop a ground swell movement behind it. "The Freedom Manifesto"

Print it, repeat it, explain it, kind of a combination of Common Sense, the Communist Manifesto (different content) and Martin Luther's theses.

This would be the natural follow on. EDUCATION. For Liberty does a great job of telling the story of the campaign. We need a companion DVD that tells the WHY of the campaign and what changes we demand.

Best to all. We will win, it will just take time.

Larry

For what it's worth, I thought you looked and sounded great. I am also quite smitten with your library.

angelatc
09-27-2009, 11:32 AM
For what it's worth, I thought you looked and sounded great. I am also quite smitten with your library.

LOL! Who says size doesn't matter?

Deborah K
09-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Larry, I answered you here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2338399#post151)

Deborah K
09-27-2009, 11:35 AM
I hope Dr. Paul has his copy. I want to send one to Glenn Beck. He really needs to apologize to Ron Paul. And Hannity, well there's no hope for him.

amy31416
09-27-2009, 11:36 AM
LOL! Who says size doesn't matter?

Indeed!

Especially when it comes to books....lots and lots of beeyoootiful books.

Dreamofunity
09-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Watching it now;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/DreamofUnity/rpf.jpg

I'M FAMOUS!

ClayTrainor
09-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Watching it now;

I'M FAMOUS!

haha very nice.

Apparently i didn't make the cut :(

Austin
09-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Watching it now;

I'M FAMOUS!

Haha, cool! I'm on the bottom row on the right, 4th to last. :D

Natalie
09-27-2009, 10:41 PM

Agreed. It was amazing, amazing :)

AdamT
09-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Agreed. It was amazing, amazing :)

I think we need to get Wolf Blitzer a copy :)

Natalie
09-27-2009, 10:53 PM
I hope Dr. Paul has his copy. I want to send one to Glenn Beck. He really needs to apologize to Ron Paul. And Hannity, well there's no hope for him.

I know, I really want to know if RP has watched it yet. He will love it.

angelatc
09-27-2009, 10:56 PM
haha very nice.

Apparently i didn't make the cut :(

That's what happens when you don't stay on the forums 24/7.

Natalie
09-27-2009, 11:05 PM
I liked when the Southern Avenger (Idk his name) was talking about texting in to FOX during the debates and he was like "Why would they try to discredit their own poll? It makes no sense." I lol'd. Also, when DJ Loti was talking about Ron Paul radio and he was like, the reason the other candidates don't have their own radio station is because, well, they're not that great. Haha.

Conza88
03-11-2016, 03:14 AM
Watching it now;

I'M FAMOUS!

Watched this doco again... paused the screen and found myself again ahaha... there's also a thread of mine in the scroll down :)

Conza88
03-11-2016, 03:15 AM

Do you know yet?

Conza88
03-11-2016, 03:15 AM

Delete. Double post.