PDA

View Full Version : Halloween action idea: Ron Paul pumpkins!

DrNoZone
09-30-2007, 11:45 AM
I was inspired about this idea when I saw a huge pile of pumpkins for sale outside our local grocery store. Wouldn’t it be cool to make some pumpkin carving stencils that say:

1. Ron Paul ‘08
2. Ron Paul 4 Prez
3. www.ronpaul2008.com

Think how great these would look on your porches all lit up! I think it’d be best to do all 3 and have them sitting grouped together so people get the entire message: name recognition, who he is and what he’s doing, and finally a website they can visit for more info. And along with candy for the kids, you could give out Ron Paul DVD’s, audio CD’s and literature to the parents! This would work well in conjunction with the idea over at www.ronpauloween.com (http://www.ronpauloween.com).

Thoughts? I recommend we all suggest this as an activity for our Meetup groups in the coming weeks.

TechnoGuyRob
09-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Don't give out the literature to the kids, only give it to the parents if the parents are with the kids. Imagine if your child came home with political propaganda in his bag? A kid, pardon the language, gives less than half a shit about a CD or DVD ("no...can...dy? *cry* ").

DrNoZone
09-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Don't give out the literature to the kids, only give it to the parents if the parents are with the kids. Imagine if your child came home with political propaganda in his bag? A kid, pardon the language, gives less than half a shit about a CD or DVD ("no...can...dy? *cry* ").

Yes, notice that I said "And along with candy for the kids, you could give out Ron Paul DVD’s, audio CD’s and literature to the parents!"

DrNoZone
09-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Am I crazy? Does nobody else think this is a good idea?

mavtek
09-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Great idea, as a matter of fact I plan on using the opportunity of trick or treating as the National Debt with my daughter and plan on passing out slim jims in the process.

ForLibertyFight
09-30-2007, 01:53 PM
It's a great idea. Give them good candy also not those shitty candy you buy at the 99 cent stores

peschomd
09-30-2007, 01:58 PM
We have hillary clinton masks and bill clinton and many others! make fun of your most hate canidates!

http://www.PoliticalMasks.com/

Roxi
09-30-2007, 02:24 PM
we could also have a "paint the town ron" event with pumpkins, all meetups could carve a couple hundred pumpkins (yes PIA i know) and then put them out in the cities :)

Dave Wood
09-30-2007, 02:28 PM
How much does it cost to buy those Constitution booklets?

Would it be too much to drop one of those with a RP card in the bags?

surf
09-30-2007, 02:36 PM
How about one of those stencils you stick on the pumpkin and use as a guide for carving? Has/will anyone create one of those?

Two sides, one with Ron's face, the other Ron Paul 2008?

kmj.ronpaul
09-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Hi, Dave,

>> How much does it cost to buy those Constitution booklets?
The best price I have found is the Cato Institute's version of the pocket Constitution. They are $4.95 each when purchased singly, but price drops when purchased in bulk:

10+ = $3 each

50+ = $2.50 "

100+ = $2 "

500+ = $1 "

(Note: place your order by phone to get the bulk pricing, which isn't listed online.)

These are very attractive, with a maroon cover and gold foil embossing. My meetup group is planning to purchase gold foil labels to place on an inside cover, that gives contact info for our group.

Here's a link:

http://www.catostore.org/index.asp?fa=ProductDetails&method=&pid=144278-A

Good luck! Passing out the Constitution is a great idea, if it's within your budget! -- Kathy

Dave Wood
09-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi, Dave,

>> How much does it cost to buy those Constitution booklets?
The best price I have found is the Cato Institute's version of the pocket Constitution. They are $4.95 each when purchased singly, but price drops when purchased in bulk:

10+ = $3 each

50+ = $2.50 "

100+ = $2 "

500+ = $1 "

(Note: place your order by phone to get the bulk pricing, which isn't listed online.)

These are very attractive, with a maroon cover and gold foil embossing. My meetup group is planning to purchase gold foil labels to place on an inside cover, that gives contact info for our group.

Here's a link:

http://www.catostore.org/index.asp?fa=ProductDetails&method=&pid=144278-A

Good luck! Passing out the Constitution is a great idea, if it's within your budget! -- Kathy

Thanks for the great info Kathy. That seems like it may be too exp. for Halloween bags considering they may just get thrown away:(

I am looking for a way to print one on an 8.5x11 dbl side. Roll it up like a scroll wrapped with a ribbon? Not good for halloween bags though......

By the way welcome!:)