PDA

View Full Version : G20: Cops keep shoving girl on bike, girl hits them back *with* her bike

amy31416
09-25-2009, 12:54 PM
And, unfortunately gets arrested. She couldn't go anywhere any faster--just cops being bullies and playing out their violent fantasies.

http://www.wpxi.com/video/21110533/index.html

Dianne
09-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Watch all the way to the end after the girl is cuffed... They start whacking on another guy on a bike then hit someone with a billeyclub for no reason whatsoever.

This video should go viral, and there should be some police brutality charges.

constituent
09-25-2009, 01:02 PM
I can't tell what happened exactly, but it looks like the guy on the bike hit her from behind. She mistakenly thought it was the cop and hammered him.

which was pretty funny, btw.

edit: was that a bike cop? i noticed she got shoved too, at the beginning.

amy31416
09-25-2009, 01:06 PM
I can't tell what happened exactly, but it looks like the guy on the bike hit her from behind. She mistakenly thought it was the cop and hammered him.

which was pretty funny, btw.

edit: was that a bike cop? i noticed she got shoved too, at the beginning.

I think it was a bike cop.

ronpaulhawaii
09-25-2009, 01:09 PM
:38 sec clearly shows the cop hitting the girl with his club.

Deborah K
09-25-2009, 01:11 PM
What is going on in Pittsburgh?????? Is it because of the G-20 meeting or are the cops like this all the time there?

Chester Copperpot
09-25-2009, 01:11 PM
New world order.. this looks like somebody crashed a bilderberg meeting

amy31416
09-25-2009, 01:13 PM
What is going on in Pittsburgh?????? Is it because of the G-20 meeting or are the cops like this all the time there?

From my limited experience in Pittsburgh, and not having received any tickets or anything, a lot of the cops are kinda assholish compared to a couple other places I've lived.

constituent
09-25-2009, 01:14 PM
:38 sec clearly shows the cop hitting the girl with his club.

can you post a still pic?

constituent
09-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Is it because of the G-20 meeting or are the cops like this all the time there?

both, but it's like this most places when there is a protest, or history of "out of control" demonstrations.

once people start busting up windows and what not, this is pretty much what goes down.

Kotin
09-25-2009, 01:16 PM
both, but it's like this most places when there is a protest, or history of "out of control" demonstrations.

once people start busting up windows and what not, this is pretty much what goes down.

yo ryan! what have you been up to?

amy31416
09-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Here's the thing--I can't walk down the street and push someone around or hit them in the back with billy clubs because I want them to move faster (believe me, I've been tempted), so why are cops allowed to do so? And why is it a crime to hit them back after they've hit you several times when you're trying to comply with their demands?

I'm not saying that hitting back is the smart thing to do, but cops should not be allowed to physically assault people.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-25-2009, 01:19 PM
And, unfortunately gets arrested.

Hitting a cop with a bike will do that.

Cowlesy
09-25-2009, 01:20 PM
That girl got a bit of a cheapshot to the back of the head, and then clipped the wrong guy...and then it was takedown time.

constituent
09-25-2009, 01:21 PM
yo ryan! what have you been up to?

Enjoying this weather. Hope you've been doing the same!

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-25-2009, 01:45 PM
that was a weak throw

angelatc
09-25-2009, 01:48 PM
It looks like the cops didn't want the people riding the bikes. The people they bullied were people riding them - everybody else was walking them.

Of course, it would be unmanly to just tell her to get off the bike. It's much more studly to shove her from behind.

dr. hfn
09-25-2009, 01:51 PM
put all pf these videos from pittsburgh on your facebook/myspace, etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tangent4ronpaul
09-25-2009, 02:25 PM
It was definitely a cop that hit her from behind.

-t

Annihilia
09-25-2009, 02:35 PM
What shit heads. I can't watch these videos without my blood pressure going through the roof. Is it wrong of me to wish death upon those jackboot thugs?

haaaylee
09-25-2009, 02:55 PM
That girl got a bit of a cheapshot to the back of the head, and then clipped the wrong guy...and then it was takedown time.

they both pushed her actually. she threw the bike at the cop who pushed her first . ... i would have done the same, and my bike is very heavy ;)

Annihilia
09-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Here's a first-hand account from Reddit :mad::

http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/9nxw2/armored_police_seize_university_of_pittsburgh/

Reddit, I had to create an account to post about what just happened on my campus. I go to the University of Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh... G20, you know. President Obama's dinner for the delegates happened just off campus, within eyesight of us -- usually. When people grouped up by the street that would lead to the Phipps Conservatory, they were met with armored police.

For a while the students and locals just stood and talked while the police line faced us. Some people sang and had signs. Others just watched. Slowly, the line of locals began to advance. A police officer with a megaphone stepped out several times and told us to leave the area, but as we weren't doing anything wrong, most people didn't leave.

That's when they shot a canister of gas at us. Reddit, sprinting away from armored police who looked like Storm Troopers from Star Wars, hearing that hissing sound while one of my favorite spots on campus filled with smoke... it was terrifying.

When the smoke cleared the crowd was still there.

This standoff lasted several hours. Around 10:30, the atmosphere had changed. The police had advanced far up the road toward students, who were kept back to a grassy area called Schenley Plaza. Students were singing and dancing. It was very peaceful. Someone said something to a cop.

Suddenly the guy was grabbed and thrown on the ground. The crowd AT ONCE surrounded the cops and started chanting LET HIM GO! LET HIM GO! LET HIM GO!

There was a dumpster lit on fire further up the road, so I went up there to see what I could see, and suddenly there were tons of people sprinting down the sidewalk away from the fire. SWAT vans and six or seven major police cars pulled up to Schenley Plaza.

Reddit, the next two hours were complete chaos. My campus was invaded by armored police officers. They threw actual tear gas into crowds of students. They SHOT students with rubber bullets. They beat slower-moving students with a baton. I saw a group of cyclists being herded down the sidewalk. A cop reached out and pushed a woman on a bike. She turned around and pushed her bike at the cop. Next thing we knew, he grabbed her by the face and slammed her down on the concrete.

They slowly advanced us back down Forbes Avenue, toward the major freshman dorms. Several protesters broke storefront windows. I'd guess 20 protesting, about 1,000 students watching (if that.) The police fired Sound Cannons at us, a new weapon never before used on US citizens, which plays a sonic pulse that gives major headaches. They fired more tear gas at the students.

Then riot squads came running up behind us and forced us into the Litchfield Towers Lobby. People who did not make it into the lobby before the riot squads got to the doors were grabbed, thrown to the ground, beaten, and arrested.

Here is the part where I felt most violated -- The riot cops then ENTERED our dormitory and shouted that students needed to return to their rooms immediately. Anyone arrested, they said, would be expelled from the University of Pittsburgh, no questions asked.

Reddit, is that legal? Would police be able to force someone on the sidewalk back in their home and make them barricade themselves in their basement?

Here's another part that got me -- I saw students try to get in the doors closest to their dorm building (there are 3 towers), and the door was LOCKED. These students did not have time to run around the building. And they were grabbed.

We don't know what to do. We're shocked. BECAUSE THE DEPUTY POLICE CHIEF RELEASED A STATEMENT CLAIMING THEY WERE SECURING THE AREA FROM ANARCHISTS AND THAT "SOME" STUDENTS "PROBABLY GOT CAUGHT UP" IN WHAT HAPPENED.

So, in the news, you'll hear that police secured the campus from anarchists. Not that students were attacked by security forces supposedly there to protect them. PLEASE, help me get the word out. I'll be around all day tomorrow for questions.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-25-2009, 03:21 PM
nt

newbitech
09-25-2009, 03:29 PM
She got push twice by 2 different cops, and billy clubbed twice after she retaliated to the 2 shoves.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-25-2009, 03:31 PM
More misleading propaganda titles. I expected this to be an 8 year old girl on a bike. This was not a girl, it was an adult woman.

JVParkour
09-25-2009, 04:23 PM
i looked at 38 seconds and didn't see anything

JeNNiF00F00
09-25-2009, 04:26 PM
god this pisses me off.

ronpaulhawaii
09-25-2009, 04:59 PM
i looked at 38 seconds and didn't see anything

The video I had open on a tab was YouTube - Linux is not showing me the one in this thread. It was right before she swung the bike

Dark_Horse_Rider
09-25-2009, 05:06 PM
America The Brutalfull

Captain America
09-25-2009, 05:11 PM
What can we do?

Dark_Horse_Rider
09-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Wouldn't be too surprised if people start making their own war against the minions.

jmag
09-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Why are they pushing them with their sticks when they are moving along?

Justin D
09-25-2009, 05:38 PM
As a side note: these anarchists are of the left wing variety.

ClayTrainor
09-25-2009, 05:42 PM
ok, i'm reaaaaaaallllllllyyyyy getting the urge to make a some sort of badass anti-establishment video with all of this disgusting footage coming out, right now.......

All of this crap needs to be bundled up and exposed.

Captain America
09-25-2009, 05:43 PM

does that matter? Civil Liberties are for everyone.

LittleLightShining
09-25-2009, 05:45 PM
ok, i'm reaaaaaaallllllllyyyyy getting the urge to make a some sort of badass anti-establishment video with all of this disgusting footage coming out, right now.......

All of this crap needs to be bundled up and exposed.

Pretty please?

ronpaulhawaii
09-25-2009, 05:47 PM

Looks to me like they are students. The reddit account posted above backs that view up.

Besides, what does one's political leanings have to do with anything when a peaceful American is being brutalized. ISTM your comment indicates that it is acceptable as long as they are not your color. Disgusting, if that is the case...

The r3VOLution is non-partisan

LittleLightShining
09-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Looks to me like they are students. The reddit account posted above backs that view up.

Besides, what does one's political leanings have to do with anything when a peaceful American is being brutalized. ISTM your comment indicates that it is acceptable as long as they are not your color. Disgusting, if that is the case...

The r3VOLution is non-partisan
I didn't read it that way but I see how you could. I thought he was trying to distinguish between the peaceful property respecting anarchists of the right-wing variety and the stereotypical Gwhatevernumberthey'reuptonow protester.

SimpleName
09-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Our future...IN VIDEO!

LibForestPaul
09-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Where do these officers get their procedures protocols and orders from...how far up the chain, just curious?Chief of Police, City Mayor, Captains?

brandon
09-25-2009, 06:34 PM
When is it time to start fighting back? And I mean really fighting back...

I'm fucking heated.

pcosmar
09-25-2009, 06:40 PM
When is it time to start fighting back? And I mean really fighting back...

I'm fucking heated.

I hear ya.
DO NOT POST IT HERE.
But ask your self, How well equipped are you? How many are you? What is the tactical plan?

Don't go off half cocked. Prepare, organize with others that you can trust.
This is only going to get worse.
Prepare for worse.

tremendoustie
09-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Violence is not the answer. What we need at this time is civil disobedience. If you're willing to go down in a hail of bullets, you should be brave enough to sit in a jail cell. Whatever you do, do it publically, and peacefully. I recommend moving to NH, where you'll have more liberty supporters around to help amplify your message.

Then, it's up to you. I think refusing to pay taxes would be a good one. Publically announcing that you will not pay federal taxes to support these goons would be a powerful statement.

My 2c anyhow :)

Edit: I am pissed too though, and I think yours is the natural reaction to blatent thuggery like this, especially against a woman. I think we must rise above the natural reaction, however.

aravoth
09-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Wonder why the Militia groups weren't out there. The State had it's police force out, the citizens need their own apparently.

Mini-Me
09-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Violence is not the answer. What we need at this time is civil disobedience. If you're willing to go down in a hail of bullets, you should be brave enough to sit in a jail cell. Whatever you do, do it publically, and peacefully. I recommend moving to NH, where you'll have more liberty supporters around to help amplify your message.

Then, it's up to you. I think refusing to pay taxes would be a good one. Publically announcing that you will not pay federal taxes to support these goons would be a powerful statement.

My 2c anyhow :)

Edit: I am pissed too though, and I think yours is the natural reaction to blatent thuggery like this, especially against a woman. I think we must rise above the natural reaction, however.

Although I totally agree, we still have to face the reality that civil disobedience will be increasingly met not only with jailtime but with brutal beatdowns. When nonviolent resistance is met with blatant violence, it's much tougher to draw the line about how far people should go to defend themselves and others without looking like they're the ones crossing the line.

pcosmar
09-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Wonder why the Militia groups weren't out there. The State had it's police force out, the citizens need their own apparently.

Apparently.

As to why, I would point you to the witch hunts following the OKC bombing. ( our own Reichstag)
The one's that remain are few in number and will NOT start the fight.

Justin D
09-25-2009, 07:10 PM
I didn't read it that way but I see how you could. I thought he was trying to distinguish between the peaceful property respecting anarchists of the right-wing variety and the stereotypical Gwhatevernumberthey'reuptonow protester.

Bingo. These are the same people as a group that I saw in today's paper that were wearing black and were described as "anarchists". They were setting dumpsters on fire and were causing a rucus. Stereotypical left wing anti-capitalism people. They were actually calling for the end of capitalism, just like that picture of the G20 in April. Remember "Capitalism isn't Working" banner in London?

I mentioned this as a side note, not a focal point. Sorry if it was interpreted differently.

Everybody should be able to express an opinion. That girl shouldn't have been treated that way. Dispicable.

tremendoustie
09-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Although I totally agree, we still have to face the reality that civil disobedience will be increasingly met not only with jailtime but with brutal beatdowns. When nonviolent resistance is met with blatant violence, it's much tougher to draw the line about how far people should go to defend themselves and others without looking like they're the ones crossing the line.

When unimpeachable actions are met with outrageous violence, we will have won. In other words, civil disobedience is effective proportional to the perceived disparity between the disobedience and the response to that disobedience.

They cannot suppress a populace the majority of whom is willing to stand against their rule. Thus, our goal is not to defeat them by force, but to turn the populace against them. This is the purpose of civil disobedience -- to make abuse of power obvious.

They are not primarily able to weild power because of their weapons, but because of their perceived legitimacy.

familydog
09-25-2009, 07:41 PM

Keep in mind that there are cops here from all over the state. Plus, we have federal forces here.

Mini-Me
09-25-2009, 07:50 PM
When unimpeachable actions are met with outrageous violence, we will have won. In other words, civil disobedience is effective proportional to the perceived disparity between the disobedience and the response to that disobedience.

They cannot suppress a populace the majority of whom is willing to stand against their rule. Thus, our goal is not to defeat them by force, but to turn the populace against them. This is the purpose of civil disobedience -- to make abuse of power obvious.

They are not primarily able to weild power because of their weapons, but because of their perceived legitimacy.

I understand and agree with what you're saying, but I also think it's too easy for us to say this from a distance, when we're not personally the ones making the sacrifice. Each life is precious (especially each liberty-loving life ;)), and we must not allow ourselves to take the attitude that anyone is expendable for the "greater good." Granted, libertarians like us wouldn't force someone else to sacrifice for the collective, unlike collectivists...but I still think it's important to guard against that attitude altogether. It's easy to take the view of the chessmaster from afar, but what if you're playing as the pawn? To get what I'm asking, put yourself in the moment: Would you personally allow yourself to be martyred (i.e. literally beaten to disability or even death by the cops)? It takes a very special and selfless kind of person to do that. However, things get stickier than that, too: Would you stand by and allow the cops to martyr someone else in front of you just to showcase their brutality on camera? I guess it depends on what we're talking about here. If we're talking about billy clubs, rubber bullets, tazers, etc., I can see that. What if it comes to live fire and executions? At what point does your personal well-being or the well-being of the person in front of you override the moral victory that complete passivity brings?

Dianne
09-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Hitting a cop with a bike will do that.

If they kept cattle proding me, I would have done the same thing and told them to f&&& off and ended up arrested too.

I just wonder what grounds they had to attack her as they did... She was clearly leaving the scene peacefully.... they were aggressive... not her. That office needs to lose his job, period !!!!!!! Second attack.... the dude on bycicle was clearly leaving... no threat to anyone... he gets pushed as well... wth? Officer should clearly lose his job.

angelatc
09-25-2009, 07:58 PM
I kept thinking, "Dont they have mothers?" I'd totally kick my son's butt if I ever saw him brutalize a woman like that, I don't care how old he was.

Dianne
09-25-2009, 08:00 PM
I guess those 240 lb cops got a charge at wrestling down a female that looks my size... about 112 pounds... They look really proud... Pittsburg's finest. No wonder crime so high there... just looking for females 1/3 their size to arrest... Bet they are sleeping great tonight knowing they alone saved the state of a 112 girl trying to get home on her bike.. Well done, pitzzzzzzzzzz burg.

tremendoustie
09-25-2009, 08:08 PM
I understand and agree with what you're saying, but I also think it's too easy for us to say this from a distance, when we're not personally the ones making the sacrifice. It's easy to take the view of the chessmaster from afar, but what if you're playing as the pawn? To get what I'm asking, put yourself in the moment: Would you personally allow yourself to be martyred (i.e. literally beaten to disability or even death by the cops)? It takes a very special and selfless kind of person to do that. However, things get stickier than that, too: Would you stand by and allow the cops to martyr someone else in front of you just to showcase their brutality on camera? I guess it depends on what we're talking about here. If we're talking about billy clubs, rubber bullets, tazers, etc., I can see that. What if it comes to live fire and executions? At what point does your personal well-being or the well-being of the person in front of you override the moral victory that complete passivity brings?

I think at the point of executions, I would defend myself, and I would defend anyone who had not specifically told me not to intervene.

Hopefully we can turn the people against the regime long before it gets to that point. Consider Gandhi's effort, for example. I think mass police brutality against peaceful people acting blamelessly will be plenty to wake people up. If it doesn't, nothing will.

In any case, that is not the issue today. My point today is that while human nature makes it tempting to latch on to the goal of revenge against the individual perpetrators, we must remain absolutely focused on our real goal: making people realize the evil our current government is committing, and turning people against it. We much choose our actions with that goal in mind.

Responding to a cop with force does nothing towards this goal. Demonstrating the evil of their behavior as publicly as possible, and publicly being brave enough to peacefully refuse to comply with their tyranny does advance it. Coercive government cannot end with the bang of revolution, but with the whimper of irrelevance, impotence, and mass non-cooperation.

Dianne
09-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Sigh... I am eaten up by this... these cops gotta go... they need to lose their jobs... how do we find out who they are?

Liberty Rebellion
09-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Unfortunately, this is nothing new. They will probably be caught on camera laughing about it at their debriefing like the cops down in Miami were:

http://www.discourse.net/archives/2006/08/broward_cops_laugh_about_shooting_rubber_bullets_a t_innocent_protestors.html

Nirvikalpa
09-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Thank God all those big strong burly meeeeeen are here to serve and protect little old girly, weak meeee.

I've heard horror stories around my hometown about women being not only battered by cops, but molested and touched inappropriately, without even a need - by male cops. Don't believe it does not happen, oh it does, I would even venture to say it happens a lot more than we think.

My momma always said, if a man puts his hands on me, stand ground and hit him back harder. I didn't listen one point in my life, but damnit, if one ever does again, especially a cop, he better hope the first time he hits me he knocks me out.

Mini-Me
09-25-2009, 08:22 PM
I think at the point of executions, I would defend myself, and I would defend anyone who had not specifically told me not to intervene.
Agreed...and in a protest setting where cameras are sure to be present, I probably wouldn't fight back before that point. Still, there are other scenarios to consider. What about cops assaulting you or someone else in a non-protest setting, where there is no camera present to record the incident? In this case, public perception doesn't matter as much, because the cop will predictably lie and say he was simply assaulted or his victim was being "unruly," and people will eat it up. Without a camera present, there's pretty much no way to showcase the brutality. I mean, cops get away with literally shooting people down all the time, and people still buy whatever stories they cook up to cover their asses. In comparison, an unrecorded beatdown isn't going to raise too many eyebrows...so the question is, do you simply take it? Obviously you will not want to fight back unless you're sure you can win anyway (because the cop will almost certainly escalate to lethal force), but I think it's an important question to consider.

Hopefully we can turn the people against the regime long before it gets to that point. Consider Gandhi's effort, for example. I think mass police brutality against peaceful people acting blamelessly will be plenty to wake people up. If it doesn't, nothing will.

In any case, that is not the issue today. My point today is that while human nature makes it tempting to latch on to the goal of revenge against the individual perpetrators, we must remain absolutely focused on our real goal: making people realize the evil our current government is committing, and turning people against it. We much choose our actions with that goal in mind.

Responding to a cop with force does nothing towards this goal. Demonstrating the evil of their behavior as publicly as possible, and publicly being brave enough to peacefully refuse to comply with their tyranny does advance it. Coercive government cannot end with the bang of revolution, but with the whimper of irrelevance, impotence, and mass non-cooperation.
Anyway, I still agree with pretty much all of this. :)

Dianne
09-25-2009, 08:22 PM
yougogirl... I would do the same. I would have done EXACTLY what that girl did to those cops... What else? Keep on your bike and allow them to continue to cattle prod you all the way home? I was actually very proud of her... And those lazy ass, 240 pound donut eaters found the weakest victim they could find.

Pitiful asses you are in Pittsburgh.... just pitiful specimens of human life... now how do we get these vermin fired?

tremendoustie
09-25-2009, 08:25 PM
I think in certain circumstances there may be something to be said for self defense at the time of an attack, although I would consider self defense against LE usually a bad idea.

Retribution after the fact or general attacks against government are awful ideas. Remember, most people in government are brainwashed to the point where they really believe what they are doing is right, and do not fully appreciate their actions as violent.

tremendoustie
09-25-2009, 08:28 PM
yougogirl... I would do the same. I would have done EXACTLY what that girl did to those cops... What else? Keep on your bike and allow them to continue to cattle prod you all the way home? I was actually very proud of her... And those lazy ass, 240 pound donut eaters found the weakest victim they could find.

Pitiful asses you are in Pittsburgh.... just pitiful specimens of human life... now how do we get these vermin fired?

I suggest going as public with it as possible. Talk to all local news channels in the area, plaster compromising screenshots on telephone polls, etc. Pick the most blatent cases of police agression and publicize the hell out of them, demanding all the while that those officers be fired -- every poster, video, etc, needs to demand this.

The only hope for justice is if the department is publically shamed into it.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-25-2009, 08:57 PM
nt

KramerDSP
09-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Twitter is going nuts now with some folks saying a Resident Advisor at the University of Pittsburgh said Martial Law was just declared. You can follow the trending topic without being a member here - http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23g20 (http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23g20)

constituent
09-25-2009, 09:53 PM
The video I had open on a tab was YouTube - Linux is not showing me the one in this thread. It was right before she swung the bike

u probably need to add the "restricted" option in your package management software. then install flash and the others. if u need specifics search for your "build" + "flash player" or "display embed" and that should get you there.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
09-25-2009, 10:28 PM
I love Big Brother.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
09-25-2009, 10:35 PM
I love Big Brother.

Ian A.
09-25-2009, 10:41 PM
If I've said it once, I'll say it a million times over: the only way to do an effective job at preventing these incidents is the PRIVATIZE the police force.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=207629

amy31416
09-26-2009, 04:01 AM
More misleading propaganda titles. I expected this to be an 8 year old girl on a bike. This was not a girl, it was an adult woman.

Settle down, she looks like she weighs about 95lbs and is about 17-18 years old, I didn't intentionally mislead or propagandize.

If you were expecting someone on a tricycle, I'm very, very sorry.

TGGRV
09-26-2009, 04:24 AM
I kept thinking, "Dont they have mothers?" I'd totally kick my son's butt if I ever saw him brutalize a woman like that, I don't care how old he was.

How about kick his ass if he brutalized ANYONE like that?

LittleLightShining
09-26-2009, 04:40 AM
I found this video through a link on that twitterfeed. I see one of the same kids that was in the video where the kids got trapped on the stairs.

This is not the same thing as Seattle. These guys in Pittsburgh are terrorizing these kids on their campus.
YouTube - G20 2009: Police Attack Students at University of Pittsburgh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etv8YEqaWgA&feature=player_embedded)

Dreamofunity
09-26-2009, 05:44 AM
I found this video through a link on that twitterfeed. I see one of the same kids that was in the video where the kids got trapped on the stairs.

This is not the same thing as Seattle. These guys in Pittsburgh are terrorizing these kids on their campus.
YouTube - G20 2009: Police Attack Students at University of Pittsburgh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etv8YEqaWgA&feature=player_embedded)

God, these types of threads piss me off so much.

I hate the look of riot gear, it's tyranny in your face.

LittleLightShining
09-26-2009, 06:33 AM
What I don't understand is why they have these things in cities. Why don't they rent a big resort in Wyoming if they don't want to be bothered by the minions?

pcosmar
09-26-2009, 06:47 AM
What I don't understand is why they have these things in cities. Why don't they rent a big resort in Wyoming if they don't want to be bothered by the minions?

That was done in Canada with the SPP conference. That is where the Protesters busted the Police trying to start the violence.
http://www.nowpublic.com/spp-agent-provocateur-cops-caught-red-handed-attempting-incite-violence

pcosmar
09-26-2009, 06:55 AM
The saddest thing about this and other protests is that in this country there should be NO SUCH THING as a group of unarmed civilians, EVER.

The fact that there is, is why we are in the state we are in. :(

TGGRV
09-26-2009, 06:56 AM
First of all, this looks like the dystopia of someone who believes in liberty.

But I have a question, why didn't they use the same tactics against the Obama crowds? Since I doubt all had authorization. I hope Ron Paul will talk about this.

TGGRV
09-26-2009, 07:00 AM
The saddest thing about this and other protests is that in this country there should be NO SUCH THING as a group of unarmed civilians, EVER.

The fact that there is, is why we are in the state we are in. :(

I wrote on another thread. These protests are just giving the thugs in blue people to beat up. You either don't do it at all, or you go and buy body armor and guns and do it that way. Putting it this way... If I would be a judge, I'd declare the people in the crowd not guilty if they shot every cop there. The protests were peaceful and the cops were the initiators of the aggression.

And by the way, I don't really believe the idea of globalization is bad... It's just horribly done and infringes sovereignty.

amy31416
09-26-2009, 07:06 AM

How the heck would they practice and test their weapons/police force out in the boonies? If they were to do this kind of experiment in Wyoming, they'd surely get shot.

chudrockz
09-26-2009, 07:07 AM
I just woke up and haven't caught up to all the comments yet, but if I was walking down the street and saw some big thug (in uniform) doing this to a GIRL probably less than half his size, I would have tried to get her bike and somehow gotten around behind him, then used all of my 6'8" and 330 pounds to wrap the entire bike frame around his skull.

Dianne
09-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Someone please make a video of all this police brutality, and needless assaults with deadly weapons.. We need to take it to the top... the major, governor and get some officers fired and locked up themselves. Having a badge does not give you a green light to commit a crime yourself.

LittleLightShining
09-26-2009, 07:17 AM
That was done in Canada with the SPP conference. That is where the Protesters busted the Police trying to start the violence.
http://www.nowpublic.com/spp-agent-provocateur-cops-caught-red-handed-attempting-incite-violence

How the heck would they practice and test their weapons/police force out in the boonies? If they were to do this kind of experiment in Wyoming, they'd surely get shot.

Yeah, I guess it makes sense and proves their complicity. If they truly wanted to have a meeting undisturbed they wouldn't be doing it where they do it. They love this. I bet they stand in the windows and laugh. Especially at the fools carrying the "No Bailouts! No Capitalism!" banners.

amy31416
09-26-2009, 07:26 AM
Yeah, I guess it makes sense and proves their complicity. If they truly wanted to have a meeting undisturbed they wouldn't be doing it where they do it. They love this. I bet they stand in the windows and laugh. Especially at the fools carrying the "No Bailouts! No Capitalism!" banners.

I'm sure they mock them and us all the time. We're just a bunch of angry impotent dullards who keep sending them our money without fail.

constituent
09-26-2009, 08:12 AM
I think in certain circumstances there may be something to be said for self defense at the time of an attack, although I would consider self defense against LE usually a bad idea.

It was once almost consensus here at rpf that the law (federal) will allow "unjust arrest" as a valid defense against murder for deadly action taken against a police officer.

What would be great is finding where this is outlined (case history, laws, whatever)

constituent
09-26-2009, 08:14 AM

they did that for awhile after seattle, remember them meeting at an island off the Georgia (U.S., that is) coast?

when i heard they were having it in an urban center this go round, i thought "photo op."

pcosmar
09-26-2009, 08:17 AM
It was once almost consensus here at rpf that the law (federal) will allow "unjust arrest" as a valid defense against murder for deadly action taken against a police officer.

What would be great is finding where this is outlined (case history, laws, whatever)
Found at,
http://www.constitution.org/
http://www.constitution.org/uslaw/defunlaw.txt

Your Right of Defense Against Unlawful Arrest

�Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting
officer's life if necessary.� Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This
premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the
case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: �Where the
officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally
accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with
very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right
to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What
may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter
in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been
committed.�

�An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without
affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within jurisdiction,
and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. lf the
arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will
be no more than an involuntary manslaughter.� Housh v. People, 75 111.
491; reaffirmed and quoted in State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452; State v.
Gleason, 32 Kan. 245; Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349; State v Rousseau,
241 P. 2d 447; State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

�When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right
to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by
force, and if, in the reasonable exercise of his right of self defense,
his assailant is killed, he is justified.� Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80;
Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.

�These principles apply as well to an officer attempting to make an
arrest, who abuses his authority and transcends the bounds thereof by
the use of unnecessary force and violence, as they do to a private
individual who unlawfully uses such force and violence.� Jones v. State,
26 Tex. App. I; Beaverts v. State, 4 Tex. App. 1 75; Skidmore v. State,
43 Tex. 93, 903.

�An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to
be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in
defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and
battery.� (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).

�Each person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case,
the person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer
and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self- defense.� (State v.
Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100).

�One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as
he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus
it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an
officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without
resistance.� (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

�Story affirmed the right of self-defense by persons held illegally. In
his own writings, he had admitted that �a situation could arise in which
the checks-and-balances principle ceased to work and the various
branches of government concurred in a gross usurpation.� There would be
no usual remedy by changing the law or passing an amendment to the
Constitution, should the oppressed party be a minority. Story concluded,
�If there be any remedy at all ... it is a remedy never provided for by
human institutions.� That was the �ultimate right of all human beings in
extreme cases to resist oppression, and to apply force against ruinous
injustice.�� (From Mutiny on the Amistad by Howard Jones, Oxford
University Press, 1987, an account of the reading of the decision in the
case by Justice Joseph Story of the Supreme Court.

As for grounds for arrest: �The carrying of arms in a quiet, peaceable,
and orderly manner, concealed on or about the person, is not a breach of
the peace. Nor does such an act of itself, lead to a breach of the
peace.� (Wharton�s Criminal and Civil Procedure, 12th Ed., Vol.2: Judy
v. Lashley, 5 W. Va. 628, 41 S.E. 197)

constituent
09-26-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm sure they mock them and us all the time. We're just a bunch of angry impotent dullards who keep sending them our money with epic fail.

fixed.

amy31416
09-26-2009, 08:32 AM
fixed.

gracias.

Dianne
09-26-2009, 09:53 AM
I was thinking same thing. An individual certainly can defend his or herself from any assault... and she was being assaulted.

Dianne
09-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Here is a series of tapes for anyone putting one vid together for us:

http://www.infowars.com/video-from-g20-the-corporate-media-will-never-show-you/

http://www.infowars.com/bbc-video-reveals-police-violence-at-g20/

tremendoustie
09-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Found at,
http://www.constitution.org/
http://www.constitution.org/uslaw/defunlaw.txt

Yes, and the odds that one of the overlords in a funny black dress will accept this as justification of your defensive response to the thuggery of one of their goons in a funny blue hat: 0.

pcosmar
09-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Yes, and the odds that one of the overlords in a funny black dress will accept this as justification of your defensive response to the thuggery of one of their goons in a funny blue hat: 0.

I expect them to "accept" nothing. :mad:
I expect to die fighting.

I aim to misbehave.
Malcolm Reynolds

Dianne
09-26-2009, 11:38 AM
http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/bigstory/default.aspx

Pittsburgh post gazette story:

Here is the Pitt News account of last night's arrests and protest in Oakland, in which police say they were determined to avoid the Forbes Avenue rioting of Thursday:

But the people gathered in Schenley Plaza appeared to be doing little more than playing games or standing around talking.

Police began to surround the park about a half hour into the protest. The police encircled the plazas in lines that were about two or three officers deep.

Police vehicles and school buses delivered more officers to the area.

The police brought in a Long Range Acoustic Device, which sends piercing noises or spoken messages in aimed directions.

By that point, around 200 people had gathered in the plaza and surrounding area.

Some people were heard saying, "Let's get out of here." Others started to scream, "This is what a photo-op looks like."

By 11 p.m., a helicopter was hovering over Forbes Avenue near the William Pitt Union.

Officers declared the gathering an "unlawful assembly" and told people to disperse or risk going to jail.

The problem, Delaney said, was that Schenley Park closes at 11 p.m.

"We could not have what happened last night," he said, referring to a demonstration-turned-riot Thursday that resulted in damage to at least 10 Oakland businesses.

Police announced nine times that people should disperse from Schenley Plaza and the surrounding area. One time, they played their pre-recording warning message in Spanish.

Crowds began to gather as students watched from the Cathedral lawn.

Many of the people gathered in the plaza exited onto Forbes Avenue, eventually turning up Bellefield Avenue. Police outnumbered them at least 2-to-1.

Police used riot gas near the William Pitt Union panther statue and on Towers patio at different times throughout the night.

At one point, what sounded like rubber bullets being shot from a gun were heard on Forbes.

Officers on bikes began to line up alongside the Union on Forbes Avenue, and police with riot shields lined up and began to walk down the street. Police gave the final order to disperse.

By midnight, most of the officers who had been at Schenley Plaza had moved to other areas. Still, a school bus full of officers in riot gear unloaded outside of the Hillman Library on Forbes Avenue.

Meanwhile, a K-9 unit, Humvees and a police line moved down Fifth Avenue towards Downtown.

Central Oakland was virtually locked down. Officers directed pedestrians away from campus.

Just before 1 a.m., police were questioning seven people, who had plastic zip ties - the police equivalent of handcuffs during the protests - around their wrists.

Students observing the arrests said they were upset about the show of police force.

Varun Viswanathan, a Pitt sophomore, said he saw a police officer hitting one individual.

"I think they completely use unnecessary force on us," he said. "They have no right to do that."

Pitt senior Ken Egler called the police action "one of the crazier things" he'd seen during last night's protests, especially since he didn't see many demonstrators in Oakland.

"I really think it's ridiculous," Egler said. "We should be allowed to protest. This is needed, and they're just basically trying to scare us."

The police left the area by 2 a.m.

Sep 26 2009
110 protesters arrested at Pitt
From Moriah Balingit and Vivian Nereim

12:45 a.m.

In a repeat of a scene from Thursday night, police in riot gear confronted another crowd of more than 400 students and young people on the University of Pittsburgh campus last night.

An estimated 110 protesters were arrested after hundreds of police arrived and dispersed the crowd with a show of force and clouds of OC gas. Those arrested were taken into custody on the lawn between Heinz Chapel and the Cathedral of Learning.

No property damage was reported on the campus.

The crowd began to form around 9 p.m. in Schenley Plaza.

Around 10:30, more than 400 people had gathered in the plaza, and police ordered the crowd to disperse. More and more police arrived on the scene and eventually encircled the crowd, which had spilled into Forbes Avenue and Bigelow Boulevard.

A flier circulated yesterday encouraging people to come to Schenley Plaza at 10 p.m.

Pitt students were advised to stay inside last night, and many have received alerts from the university via voicemail or text messages.

Junior Sean Malloy said he received a phone message saying, "conditions may be deteriorating in Oakland. Students are advised to remain near their residences."

Dianne
09-26-2009, 11:49 AM
NBC affiliate:

http://www.wpxi.com/news/21104013/detail.html

Thousands March In Peaceful G-20 Protest
Posted: 12:44 pm EDT September 24, 2009
Updated: 7:46 pm EDT September 25, 2009

PITTSBURGH -- A few thousand demonstrators have stopped their march on one of Pittsburgh's bridges and are shouting toward the Group of 20 meeting site from afar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VIEWER SLIDESHOWS: Album 1 | Album 2 | Album 3
SLIDESHOW: G-20 Protest Pictures
SUBMIT: Send Us Your Photos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Iraq Veterans Against War painted messages on the sidewalks of Fifth Avenue in Oakland with mud and chalk.

Other groups in attendance for Friday's march included Free Tibet, Code Pink, Hoola Hoop Against G-20 and Honk For *****.

These were feeder groups that joined the larger, organized Peoples' March.

All remained peaceful and police just lined the route to keep them on the right path.

The protesters have stopped on the Andy Warhol Bridge and turned toward the David L. Convention Center, which is a few hundred yards upriver. They are shouting toward the building and addressing their opposition to what's happening inside.

One woman on a bullhorn is yelling, "Power to the people, not the G-20."

Seven Coast Guard and city police boats are underneath the bridge, keeping an eye on protesters.

The march has a city permit and organizers have pledged to keep it nonviolent.

More than 1,000 protesters are on the move in Pittsburgh for what has been billed as a peaceful protest against the Group of 20 summit.

Pete Shell, an organizer of the so-called "People's March" peaceful protest, said most of the marchers are demanding solutions to environmental and economic crises they believe were created by the G-20.

Friday's march began in Oakland near Carlow University with chanting, folk songs and signs with slogans ranging from "Peace over Profits" to "Eat the Rich." Many signs bore anti-war messages.

At least two dozen black-clad and masked anarchists were in the crowd. Anarchists were behind some of the clashes with police during Thursday's protests in Bloomfield, Lawrenceville and Oakland.

The 3-Rivers Climate Convergence, Iraq Veterans Against the War, Women's Coalition, Meditation for Peace, and Students for Justice in Palestine are all a part of the march, too.

"We have been having violence training, peace guide training," said Jessica Benner of the Thomas Merton Center. "We have peace guides here to make sure things go smoothly."

The event started at 1:30 p.m. with a rally at Fifth Avenue and Craft Avenue. From there, the protestors marched down Fifth Avenue to the City-County Building. They then headed down Grant Street to the federal building and down 10th Street on their way to the convention center.

Channel 11 News reporter Rick Earle said the streets are packed with 5,000 to 10,000 people.

The groups met Thursday evening at the Thomas Merton Center in East Liberty to finalize their plans. They're demanding "money for human needs, not war."

Additional protesters were positioned outside of Soldiers and Sailors in Oakland on Friday. Among the groups protesting in that location were Hula Hoop Against the G-20 and Iraq Veterans Against the War.

“We see ourselves as basically being somebody's business expenditures and we wanted to express that and also affirm that we're not willing to show for the profits of other people anymore,” said veteran Joyce Wagner.

Separate from that march, the G-20 Resistance Project encouraged "affinity groups" to protest Friday morning at companies that it says represent greed, exploitation, warfare and other social ills, with potential targets including banks, Starbucks, McDonald's, grocery stores and a Marine Corps recruiting center.

However, as of 2:30 p.m., police said there have been no reports of large gatherings or vandalism.

Some of the businesses prepared for the protests anyway. Many are boarded up or protected by fences, razor wire, concrete barriers and a mix of police, private security officers and National Guard troops.

On Thursday night, protesters took to the streets of Oakland. Police moved in around Forbes Avenue, using rubber bullets and smoke canisters to move the crowd out.

Riot police, in an overwhelming show of force, declared a Thursday morning march in Lawrenceville illegal almost as soon as it began, firing rubber bullets and canisters of pepper spray and smoke after small bands of anarchists responded to calls to disperse by rolling huge metal trash bins, throwing rocks and breaking windows.
According to Pittsburgh police, 24 people were arrested during the day and another 42 people were arrested overnight.

Dianne
09-26-2009, 11:57 AM
CBS Pittsburgh:

http://www.wpxi.com/news/21118206/detail.html

Police in Oakland tried to move a group of bicyclists during a protest in Schenley Plaza.

The girl threw her bike at officers and was quickly taken to the ground forcefully and arrested.

The woman’s coworkers at a South Side restaurant were quite upset by the display.

“I saw her, they kept thumping her on her back,” said coworker Mark Gunn. “She tried to go. There were people in front of her, where was she going to go?”

tremendoustie
09-26-2009, 01:01 PM
I expect them to "accept" nothing. :mad:
I expect to die fighting.

Let's die of old age fighting for liberty ;)

The people must be turned against their "masters". This is how we win. I do not think a shot needs to be fired. They will see they are hopelessly outnumbered, and give it up.

pcosmar
09-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Let's die of old age fighting for liberty ;)

The people must be turned against their "masters". This is how we win. I do not think a shot needs to be fired. They will see they are hopelessly outnumbered, and give it up.

I am 52 yrs old. I have watched nothing but escalation since the Kent State Murders.
I will work every peaceful means and I have been peaceful. I have not seen that from TPTB.
I have no expectation that it will get better. :(
I would welcome it if it did. I fully expect it to get worse.
I have my own "line in the sand" and it is not there yet. but they are approaching it. Their rhetoric expresses their intention to cross it.
I moved back to the place I was raised. I know these woods. I can survive here.
They can hunt me in MY woods.

The Wolverine State.

acptulsa
09-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Pretty please?

With sugar?

Sigh... I am eaten up by this... these cops gotta go... they need to lose their jobs... how do we find out who they are?

Oh, for the days when cops wore nameplates and it was only the bad guys who wore masks... :rolleyes::mad: