PDA

View Full Version : The Constitution is Dead in Pittsburgh

dr. hfn
09-25-2009, 11:55 AM
YouTube - Wearechange schools Pittsburgh police on constitution @ g20 9/24/09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akwjAjcQnqM)

Mike4Freedom
09-25-2009, 12:11 PM
We need to organize a protest without a permit and all of us there need to be open carrying.

This is bad, really bad. Our constitution might really be dead. What we just saw here was pretty much marshall law.

All citizens need to be armed. If all the citizens in pittsburgh were armed things like this would not happen. We would be in charge as was meant in the constitution..

ronpaulhawaii
09-25-2009, 12:18 PM
wow - that shield beating seems the behavior of Neanderthals

FSP-Rebel
09-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Move up to NH where this sort of thing doesn't happen. We don't have riot police and open carrying is allowed no matter who's in town as evidenced by Obama's recent health care meeting in Portsmouth where my buddy was oc-ing. Plus, we don't have any of those armored vehicles with the acoustics machines. Life is really different up here and I'm saddened to see other liberty activists living amongst such tyranny.

Actually, I remember tkubic46 mentioning that he's moving up here, but I implore others to give it some thought. You won't be disappointed.

newbitech
09-25-2009, 12:27 PM
i am speechless.

amy31416
09-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Holy Christ--this is really happening in America.

fisharmor
09-25-2009, 12:42 PM
wow - that shield beating seems the behavior of Neanderthals

It says several things.

1) they are disciplined
2) they are armed
3) they are unified

What they don't say is that these guys have only trained that far - they know how to advance step by step, how to beat their shields in time, but if they encountered serious resistance, all hell would break loose and their discipline would evaporate. Protesters with the nerve to do it could be trained in a day or two in how to come out on top if it came down to trading baton blows.

That is what the truck is for. If something actually happened, these guys would have to back up and the hoses and rubber bullets would be pulled out. That's why they pulled the truck up eventually - it became clear that the protesters weren't leaving after the intimidation of the foot soldiers, so they had to up the ante: here's a big effing machine that will shoot you if you don't leave.

newbitech
09-25-2009, 12:48 PM
It says several things.

1) they are disciplined
2) they are armed
3) they are unified

What they don't say is that these guys have only trained that far - they know how to advance step by step, how to beat their shields in time, but if they encountered serious resistance, all hell would break loose and their discipline would evaporate. Protesters with the nerve to do it could be trained in a day or two in how to come out on top if it came down to trading baton blows.

That is what the truck is for. If something actually happened, these guys would have to back up and the hoses and rubber bullets would be pulled out. That's why they pulled the truck up eventually - it became clear that the protesters weren't leaving after the intimidation of the foot soldiers, so they had to up the ante: here's a big effing machine that will shoot you if you don't leave.

good post.

I am wondering what the response would be if some agent provocateur, or some serious terrorist group (international or domestic) would decide to unleash armor piercing bullets or an IED on that truck.

I think they would probably return fire on the crowd of innocents. After watching this going on in Pittsburgh, I am afraid something like this is going to happen.

When you said, "up the ante" I just keep thinking that we are getting closer and closer to the point where the people are going to have defend themselves from the violence of police state tactics.

I wish all of these protesters would have just sat down in the streets and started singing kum ba ya. But you know what, they can't even do that peacefully civil disobedience anymore with these "non-lethal" weapons unless they want to go deaf by having their ear drums blown out.

Now look, I am not advocating violence, but for love of all that is good, what is going to happen when these cops back enough people into a corner like this? I have a right to defend myself and my hearing and ear drums.

Sandman33
09-25-2009, 12:50 PM
There's more of us than there are of them....

newbitech
09-25-2009, 12:52 PM
There's more of us than there are of them....

yeah but that truck with the ear drum annihilator is going to be a problem.

I really feel like digging into the invention and see if there is some way to hack that thing and shut it down from a laptop on site.

Deborah K
09-25-2009, 12:55 PM
This is sickening.

newbitech
09-25-2009, 12:58 PM
This is sickening.

right, whatever happened to just using water hoses to disperse unruly crowds?

Now they just go straight for the ear drums. This action was obviously not about breaking up civil disobedience or a violent protest.

What kills me is they get a freaking ROBOT voice to do the warning.

"It doesn't matter why you are here. It is against the law."

Unless if you are a cop or the FUCKING MEDIA VAN.:mad:

puppetmaster
09-25-2009, 12:59 PM
seems the time is close

Deborah K
09-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Pittsburgh has a real problem. When we protested in front of the Federal Reserve in D.C., we didn't get a permit. When the cops came, they asked for one and I told them we didn't have one (and it wasn't for lack of trying). He said, "well it's your right to peaceably assemble. Just make sure you don't step off the curb, it's dangerous, and please make sure all your protestors have enough water."

Pittsburgh definitely has a problem.

Andrew-Austin
09-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Move up to NH where this sort of thing doesn't happen. We don't have riot police and open carrying is allowed no matter who's in town as evidenced by Obama's recent health care meeting in Portsmouth where my buddy was oc-ing. Plus, we don't have any of those armored vehicles with the acoustics machines. Life is really different up here and I'm saddened to see other liberty activists living amongst such tyranny.

Actually, I remember tkubic46 mentioning that he's moving up here, but I implore others to give it some thought. You won't be disappointed.

Wow you really know the right time to throw a sales pitch.

No sarcasm. Its not like I live in Philadelphia or anything but after seeing a video like this it would just be a huge relief knowing that New Hampshire does not have any fascist riot squads.

Pittsburgh has a real problem. When we protested in front of the Federal Reserve in D.C., we didn't get a permit. When the cops came, they asked for one and I told them we didn't have one (and it wasn't for lack of trying). He said, "well it's your right to peaceably assemble. Just make sure you don't step off the curb, it's dangerous, and please make sure all your protestors have enough water."

Pittsburgh definitely has a problem.

Well if you were at a G-20 meeting in DC things might have been different.

fisharmor
09-25-2009, 01:03 PM
But you know what, they can't even do that peacefully civil disobedience anymore with these "non-lethal" weapons unless they want to go deaf by having their ear drums blown out.

Yeah, the shield wall is at least 3000 years old and there are dozens of ways to defeat it.
Tasers are less clear-cut.

As has been stated before, that's the problem with the police these days. Killing people is bad, but tazing them, blowing out their hearing, stripping them naked, throwing them in a cell - somehow society seems perfectly willing to forgive that.

The whole problem is that if push comes to shove, the public doesn't have access to fancy toys. All we have access to is stuff where non-lethality isn't an option. That carries with it a gravity that isn't assigned to police tactics.

MsDoodahs
09-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Lemme see if I understand this...

The Chief of Police can revoke our rights under the US Constitution?

Is that correct?

Deborah K
09-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Libertygrl posted contact info here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=211985

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-25-2009, 01:16 PM
were those riot police real people or automations

dr. hfn
09-25-2009, 01:17 PM
We need to organize a protest without a permit and all of us there need to be open carrying.

This is bad, really bad. Our constitution might really be dead. What we just saw here was pretty much marshall law.

All citizens need to be armed. If all the citizens in pittsburgh were armed things like this would not happen. We would be in charge as was meant in the constitution..

completely agreed. lets do it. tho im in erie at school and dont have a gun...

Athan
09-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Damn! Pittsburgh cops are officially traitors!

LittleLightShining
09-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Pittsburgh mayor is Luke Ravenstall. Not answering. I called the governor's office and spoke with 2 people. They both went on and on about how a permit is required in Pittsburgh to protest. I asked them both about the kids at the university. We need to make a lot of noise about this. A lot. And I would concentrate on those students because they will argue the permit with you on the other thing.

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Pittsburgh mayor is Luke Ravenstall. Not answering. I called the governor's office and spoke with 2 people. They both went on and on about how a permit is required in Pittsburgh to protest. I asked them both about the kids at the university. We need to make a lot of noise about this. A lot. And I would concentrate on those students because they will argue the permit with you on the other thing.

You need a permit for free speech, LOL!

LittleLightShining
09-25-2009, 01:49 PM
You need a permit for free speech, LOL!

I know, I know. I didn't want to argue, just to make a point. I did ask her how many permits had been issued for the G20 and she said she didn't know.

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-25-2009, 01:51 PM
I know, I know. I didn't want to argue, just to make a point. I did ask her how many permits had been issued for the G20 and she said she didn't know.

It makes about as much sense as Free Speech Zones, those were one of the many subjects of questions I asked my liberal professor (American Gov. and Politics) in college, and he never gave me an answer!

ClayTrainor
09-25-2009, 01:57 PM
It says several things.

1) they are disciplined
2) they are armed
3) they are unified

Awesome Post!

LittleLightShining
09-25-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm on the phone with the Pittsburgh police right now. The lady is telling me that the videos aren't showing context and she said she heard the kids were throwing rocks. (Where would they get rocks?) Also, she doesn't know how many permits were issued. but I can call back sometime and talk to Diane Richards who is their "media person". She also could not tell me who issues the permits. :rolleyes:

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-25-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm on the phone with the Pittsburgh police right now. The lady is telling me that the videos aren't showing context and she said she heard the kids were throwing rocks. (Where would they get rocks?) Also, she doesn't know how many permits were issued. but I can call back sometime and talk to Diane Richards who is their "media person". She also could not tell me who issues the permits. :rolleyes:

Wasn't there a case of undercover police in Canada years ago of them throwing rocks or something to give the police a reason to arrest and attack them?

ClayTrainor
09-25-2009, 02:00 PM
When that truck came up at the end, i felt like this was some sort of post-apocalyptic videogame or something.

I can't believe this is happening. Our generation is going to have to be strong.

Liberty Rebellion
09-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Wasn't there a case of undercover police in Canada years ago of them throwing rocks or something to give the police a reason to arrest and attack them?

Yeah, and at another globalist meeting - SPP

http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps/spp_montebello_provacateur_cops_caught_red_handed. htm

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=montebello+canada+provocateur+video&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Dionysus
09-25-2009, 02:03 PM

Great job! Maybe you can share the phone numbers. We have to demand that they release the details of these snatch and grabs, as the PATRIOT Act allows them to hold anybody forever based on future crime.

LittleLightShining
09-25-2009, 02:09 PM
The contact info is posted here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2335788&postcount=1

puppetmaster
09-25-2009, 09:44 PM
All these videos are very interesting. We will be in a different Amerika very soon boys and girls.

Stand up

DirtMcGirt
09-25-2009, 09:49 PM
I must say the guy w/ the blow horn does a very good job, especially around the 3 min mark when he starts chanting USA USA

devil21
09-25-2009, 10:46 PM
I think they would probably return fire on the crowd of innocents. After watching this going on in Pittsburgh, I am afraid something like this is going to happen.

When you said, "up the ante" I just keep thinking that we are getting closer and closer to the point where the people are going to have defend themselves from the violence of police state tactics.

I wish all of these protesters would have just sat down in the streets and started singing kum ba ya. But you know what, they can't even do that peacefully civil disobedience anymore with these "non-lethal" weapons unless they want to go deaf by having their ear drums blown out.

Now look, I am not advocating violence, but for love of all that is good, what is going to happen when these cops back enough people into a corner like this? I have a right to defend myself and my hearing and ear drums.

It seems we are on track for another Boston Massacre incident. So far, the people continue to fold to the threats so the Gestapo has no incentive to stop their illegal activity. The next shot heard around the world is coming. Only a matter of time now with this sort of stuff going on. According to the history of the first shot, it wasn't even fired by a British soldier at a colonist or vice versa. It was someone hidden away that wasn't even on the firing line. It's kinda scary to think about how quickly one of these incidents could turn very, very ugly. Rocks and batons and sound weapons are mostly for posturing and intimidation. I wonder how many of those cops actually have their sidearms?

Strategically, these cops are trained in a manner that can't counter mass resistance. They can intimidate individuals and small groups with their batons and shields and trucks but a large number of pissed off and armed citizens WILL come out on top. I keep seeing the videos of these LRAD trucks and can't help but take note of the speaker operator with his head poking exposed out the top of the truck. That seems like an..ahem....design flaw? ;)

Kristen
09-25-2009, 11:16 PM
This was heartbreaking to watch to see Luke trying to get through to other Americans (police) and they just beat their shields!!!

Its a glimpse into our future.... unless...

BenIsForRon
09-25-2009, 11:21 PM
It seems we are on track for another Boston Massacre incident. So far, the people continue to fold to the threats so the Gestapo has no incentive to stop their illegal activity. The next shot heard around the world is coming. Only a matter of time now with this sort of stuff going on. According to the history of the first shot, it wasn't even fired by a British soldier at a colonist or vice versa. It was someone hidden away that wasn't even on the firing line. It's kinda scary to think about how quickly one of these incidents could turn very, very ugly. Rocks and batons and sound weapons are mostly for posturing and intimidation. I wonder how many of those cops actually have their sidearms?

Strategically, these cops are trained in a manner that can't counter mass resistance. They can intimidate individuals and small groups with their batons and shields and trucks but a large number of pissed off and armed citizens WILL come out on top. I keep seeing the videos of these LRAD trucks and can't help but take note of the speaker operator with his head poking exposed out the top of the truck. That seems like an..ahem....design flaw? ;)

No need for that shit. I imagine the speaker can be disabled rather easily.

BenIsForRon
09-25-2009, 11:27 PM
Here's a good article with a summary video.

http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2009/9/25/steve

devil21
09-25-2009, 11:28 PM
No need for that shit. I imagine the speaker can be disabled rather easily.

I bet the guy controlling it can be disabled much easier. Just sayin...

I say this because it shows that the people designing these weapons are designing them with little attention paid to the possibility of armed resistance. They assume that the People will always back down because so far they have.

purplechoe
09-25-2009, 11:31 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/sce56/Rip_Constitution_jpgcopy.jpg?t=1253943030

devil21
09-25-2009, 11:45 PM
I think it's been under attack for a long time. GWB just drove the stake into the heart of it. Obama has grabbed the mallet for the final blow.

Btw, you misspelled "Ruled" ;)

Liberty_Tree
09-26-2009, 01:23 AM
http://www.naturalfamilyblog.com/ron_paul_starting_constitution.gif

Captain America
09-26-2009, 01:48 AM
i don't understand how those police didn't lay down their shields and arms and take the other side.

i almost want to say forgive them lord they don't know what they do, but i truly believe they have no excuse.

justinc.1089
09-26-2009, 09:51 AM
i don't understand how those police didn't lay down their shields and arms and take the other side.

i almost want to say forgive them lord they don't know what they do, but i truly believe they have no excuse.

Yeah thats the thing to keep in mind too, its sad, but most of those police don't really truly know what they're doing. They can't see it from a different perspective for some reason.

My dad made the mistake when he was young of joining the police, so he was one of them for most of my life until a few years ago. They are brainwashed and given extreme amounts of stress and pressure. Then it also becomes hard for them to distinguish situations where they need to use force to defend themselves, and situations where other people are justified to use force against the police to defend themselves because the police themselves are the ones doing something wrong.

I know my dad regrets at least a couple of incidents he was in.

awake
09-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Reminds me of the Uruk-Hai in Lord Of the Rings. They dress like them and act the same.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_m0LIlWZrbl8/Scr6I8OmlWI/AAAAAAAAAak/zjJqVfPXD34/s400/9456_press05-001.jpg

Captain America
09-26-2009, 11:46 AM
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

zach
09-26-2009, 11:56 AM
What got me was at one point, the protesters were yelling "we love you!"

Dianne
09-26-2009, 12:03 PM

You got that right... Someone should be losing their job over this.

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-26-2009, 12:39 PM
it hurts my ears just listening to that speaker on youtube (on the truck, not the guy speaking lol), i can only imagine actually being there.

Captain America
09-26-2009, 12:43 PM
You got that right... Someone should be losing their job over this.

Yeah the Mayor

Mayor's Office
412-255-2626

Full List
http://www.city.pittsburgh.pa.us/main/

TGGRV
09-26-2009, 03:16 PM
The problem is that those people aren't for freedom or liberty. They're stupid socialists, who want to use other people's money for other things than the current people do. lol

newbitech
09-26-2009, 03:32 PM
it hurts my ears just listening to that speaker on youtube (on the truck, not the guy speaking lol), i can only imagine actually being there.

I am thinking about designing an acoustical helmet and selling them to anarchs world wide. On the condition they are not citizens of countries the US is currently occupying.

You think there will be any protests on Easter Island any time soon? Do people live there?

newbitech
09-26-2009, 03:33 PM
http://www.naturalfamilyblog.com/ron_paul_starting_constitution.gif

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_aywkgd5LktY/Sp-jLY401wI/AAAAAAAABDU/AU-RQf_xvSY/s512/DaFonz.jpg

ayyy

squarepusher
09-26-2009, 03:45 PM
were those riot police real people or automations

wait till robot technology improves in a few years =]

libertygrl
09-26-2009, 04:09 PM
What got me was at one point, the protesters were yelling "we love you!"

OMG, REALLY??? That just brought tears to my eyes. How brilliant a tactic was that? That's gotta screw with the heads of the police, after all the drilling they get about how we're all violent and dangerous!

devil21
09-26-2009, 04:17 PM
The problem is that those people aren't for freedom or liberty. They're stupid socialists, who want to use other people's money for other things than the current people do. lol

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

The First Amendment protects even the speech you don't like. In fact, it never even crossed my mind to care what the protestors were protesting. They may be misinformed (like how they think we have "Capitalism" now instead of corporatist fascism) but their right to say what they want actually IS "freedom and liberty". Get it?

ramallamamama
09-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Those South Koreans know how to party.

YouTube - Protesters use flamethrowers against police (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMi7Jkay0fY&feature=related)

TGGRV
09-26-2009, 04:38 PM
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

The First Amendment protects even the speech you don't like. In fact, it never even crossed my mind to care what the protestors were protesting. They may be misinformed (like how they think we have "Capitalism" now instead of corporatist fascism) but their right to say what they want actually IS "freedom and liberty". Get it?

I didn't say that I support the police. I believe they have a right to do it. I'm just not going to jump on their bandwaggon.

libertygrl
09-26-2009, 04:43 PM

I know where you're coming from in your analysis but we MUST be cognizant of the fact that they want to provoke people to react violently.

Time and time again I've heard NWO research experts warn us that these guys will try anything to provoke the American pubic into a violent reaction which will play right into their hands of calling for martial law. It's very easy for people to become enraged enough and lose control, but cooler heads MUST prevail.

While it takes more courage and discipline, I feel only MASSIVE PEACEFUL protests along the lines of Ghandi and MLK are our best tools. And this is something we should consider doing VERY SOON to possibly prevent it from escalating even further. Remember, they own the media and can easily influence worldwide public perception. But if we don't give them what they want, it may be easier to get world opinion on our side first, before they do. Just a thought...

ramallamamama
09-26-2009, 04:45 PM
From last year's G8.

YouTube - Demonstrators vs Police. Round 1 - Fight! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p-yiJaiHNg&feature=related)

SimpleName
09-26-2009, 04:47 PM
This is a bit scary. Kindda freaks me out. I wonder what led up to this. I don't know them well, but I don't think Wearechange uses any violence nor would they support such violence. Pretty sure they align with Alex Jones, a friend (I hope) to our movement. The way those cops align though, just looks eerie to me. I can't imagine being one of those police officers. I couldn't bare to keep my job after something like this.

devil21
09-26-2009, 04:54 PM
I didn't say that I support the police. I believe they have a right to do it. I'm just not going to jump on their bandwaggon.

Can you explain to me exactly who "they" are and which bandwagon you are talking about? I see people exercising their rights. I'll jump on that bandwagon any time.

I think you're missing the big picture. Freedom and liberty isn't an "idea" that people should just espouse to others. It's a practice and a way to live one's life. Sure some of those people may not believe the same things you do but looking at it like you are is what keeps people divided instead of coming together under the one thing that we all have in common, the Constitution and what it stands for. They are all exercising their rights and that's all that should ultimately matter. If anything is ever going to change for the better in this country then thinking like yours needs to go away.

Time and time again I've heard NWO research experts warn us that these guys will try anything to provoke the American pubic into a violent reaction which will play right into their hands of calling for martial law. It's very easy for people to become enraged enough and lose control, but cooler heads MUST prevail.

At some point I think it has to be realized that "damned if you do, damned if you don't" is the proper cliche for the deteriorating situation in the US. I have no doubt that instituting a full martial law scenario would be in their plans (as far as that is applicable for a country of this size), however the alternative is a slow, painful death spiral that ends with the same result anyway. Who was it that said "Id rather die on my feet than live on my knees"?

ETA: I hate to say it simply for the realization I think it brings but the people at the top controlling all this (whether it's the Pittsburgh police chief, Rockefeller, Obama, or whoever) don't care if you protest peacefully. They'd prefer you sat around holding hands and singing because that just makes you easier to control while their plans move right ahead on schedule. While I think peaceful protest has it's place in certain cases I don't think it's going to have any effect on an issue as large as this one. There's going to be a need for taking things to the next step eventually if anything is going to truly change.

SL89
09-26-2009, 06:22 PM
My heart aches! I switch between anger and sorrow over and over again.
I vote, learn, teach, donate and get involved. Listeners are rare and votes aren't adding up.
We can't seem to get the "change" we need.
Time is short....The SS. are here, now. I hate to say it but.....
The time has come, my beloved America to be reborn, to be purged of this poison that has denied us of the most basic tenants of existence. As a sovereign, I hereby withdraw my consent.
Change will come by whatever means necessary. May the Creator and the Spirit of the Founding Fathers guide us.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/zayzay0125/sadliberty.jpg

Number19
09-26-2009, 06:34 PM

Strategically, these cops are trained in a manner that can't counter mass resistance. They can intimidate individuals and small groups with their batons and shields and trucks but a large number of pissed off and armed citizens WILL come out on top. I keep seeing the videos of these LRAD trucks and can't help but take note of the speaker operator with his head poking exposed out the top of the truck. That seems like an..ahem....design flaw? ;)Kent State Massacre...May 4, 1970...4 dead and 9 wounded.

LibForestPaul
09-26-2009, 09:14 PM
yeah but that truck with the ear drum annihilator is going to be a problem.

I really feel like digging into the invention and see if there is some way to hack that thing and shut it down from a laptop on site.

Phase shift?

Own dirsuption, they use sound, use smoke in response?

LibForestPaul
09-26-2009, 09:20 PM
I like the comment on youtube about Korean vid, slaves fighting slaves.

puppetmaster
09-27-2009, 01:37 AM
I know where you're coming from in your analysis but we MUST be cognizant of the fact that they want to provoke people to react violently.

While it takes more courage and discipline, I feel only MASSIVE PEACEFUL protests along the lines of Ghandi and MLK are our best tools. And this is something we should consider doing VERY SOON to possibly prevent it from escalating even further. Remember, they own the media and can easily influence worldwide public perception. But if we don't give them what they want, it may be easier to get world opinion on our side first, before they do. Just a thought...

Well ,Like MLK "you have a dream..." I live with my eyes wide open and not dreaming. Mark my words.....:eek:

There will be violence.

Bucjason
09-27-2009, 08:59 AM
The rest of the story, that is not being shown, is that there were also anarchist groups protesting and they were destroying personal property and being unruly , as usual.

That's why the riot police were called out to shut it down. The anarchists basically ruined the otherwise peaceful protest for everyone...

pcosmar
09-27-2009, 09:05 AM
The rest of the story, that is not being shown, is that there were also anarchist groups protesting and they were destroying personal property and being unruly , as usual.

That's why the riot police were called out to shut it down. They basically ruined the otherwise peaceful protest for everyone...
And the rest of that story is that the police are often those very same anarchists. Police officers throwing rocks and inciting the crowd to violence.

It is a known tactic.
It has been documented.

forsmant
09-27-2009, 09:19 AM
http://www3.niu.edu/~td0raf1/history498/index.htm

An interesting link to a history of protesting. It seems the constitution is no protection against a violent retaliation against protesters.

hillertexas
09-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Here is the sheriff info: http://www.sheriffalleghenycounty.com/
Sheriff William P. Mullen
412-350-4711

DapperDan
09-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Disgusting.......

newbitech
09-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Phase shift?

Own dirsuption, they use sound, use smoke in response?

we were talking about this last night on the way to see Inglorious Basterds. Pretty awesome movie by the way if you like watching a rouge group torture kill and generally strike fear into the war machine. French/Jewish resistance and all that. Totally fictional. Anyways...

What we came up with is a helmet that is lined with acoustical fiber. The stuff that is used in professional sound recording equipment. The only problem we have is we are not sure how to test the effectiveness.

For instance, we know that as long as you are not in the direct line of the phased array that the cops use, that you can still hear, although very annoying you won't lose your hearing.

We also talked about making the helmets have a face shield that drops down in front with some wild wave dispersing shapes and painting with wave dispersing paint, like how they shape and paint stealth fighters and bombers to be undetected by radar waves.

We also dug into the idea of bouncing the phased array back at the source with a carefully designed and shaped shield. Sort of like a whispering wall that carry's sound over a long distance of a curve or like the dish you see used in sports games to focus the microphone at the players to capture the sound.

We really would like to defeat the "sound attack" because we see this as an escalation from tear gas, smoke, and water hoses.

Oh and we talked about the next "non lethal" crowd dispersing device to get rolled out by the NWO. That would be the phased array microwave which can heat up the molecules in your skin to make it feel like you are being burnt. EEshhh. These phased array weapons need to be defeated@!!

forsmant
09-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Why not just start shooting them? with rubber bullets of course

newbitech
09-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Why not just start shooting them? with rubber bullets of course

the idea of a successful protest is to remain peaceful.

Check out MLK, Gandhi, etc...

Of course, the cops up the anti when they threaten to blow out your ear drums or make you feel like your skin is going to melt.

People can sit and wait for the line to come and get arrested. That's fine. People can withstand tear gas, with gas masks. People can withstand water hoses.

Protesters need a way to withstand the new devices cops use to make their jobs easier. These crowd control devices are a way for cops to engage without killing and without having to touch people. Just like water hoses and tear gas.

It lets 100 cops control a crowd of 1000's. This means that every voice in that crowd is being reduced to 1/100 or 1/1000 of effectiveness. It is demoralizing and very very discouraging and also a clear sign of the trampling of my god given rights.

If I can DEFEND myself without resorting to the same tactics/ violence, then my voice is back up to full strength and I have not violated anyone's rights. If a crowd of 1000's is at full strength, then the cops will have to come up with another way to silence dissent.

IF the cops choose to kill, then yeah, use REAL bullets to defend.

Anyways, I probably don't have enough time and money to get my idea out, so I post it. Maybe people will start talking more about how to defeat the sonic boom weapon police use. Maybe someone with time and money will make this helmet cheap enough that serious protesters, dissenters, and people willing to put on a little civil disobedience can practice their rights without fear of going deaf.

DapperDan
09-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Unfortunately the asshats that apparently used dumpsters and bricks mingled with the peaceful liberty minded folk.

Watch yourselfs with who is around you or comes to protests.

pcosmar
09-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Unfortunately the asshats that apparently used dumpsters and bricks mingled with the peaceful liberty minded folk.

Watch yourselfs with who is around you or comes to protests.

As I understand, and I admit that I was not there.
The Rocks and Dumpsters were used AFTER the Police attacked a peaceful protest.
I have also seen video of Police attacking people that were not even involved in the protest.

Post Pro Police State propaganda elsewhere. :(

Deborah K
09-27-2009, 11:39 AM
the idea of a successful protest is to remain peaceful.

Check out MLK, Gandhi, etc...

Of course, the cops up the anti when they threaten to blow out your ear drums or make you feel like your skin is going to melt.

People can sit and wait for the line to come and get arrested. That's fine. People can withstand tear gas, with gas masks. People can withstand water hoses.

Protesters need a way to withstand the new devices cops use to make their jobs easier. These crowd control devices are a way for cops to engage without killing and without having to touch people. Just like water hoses and tear gas.

It lets 100 cops control a crowd of 1000's. This means that every voice in that crowd is being reduced to 1/100 or 1/1000 of effectiveness. It is demoralizing and very very discouraging and also a clear sign of the trampling of my god given rights.

If I can DEFEND myself without resorting to the same tactics/ violence, then my voice is back up to full strength and I have not violated anyone's rights. If a crowd of 1000's is at full strength, then the cops will have to come up with another way to silence dissent.

IF the cops choose to kill, then yeah, use REAL bullets to defend.

Anyways, I probably don't have enough time and money to get my idea out, so I post it. Maybe people will start talking more about how to defeat the sonic boom weapon police use. Maybe someone with time and money will make this helmet cheap enough that serious protesters, dissenters, and people willing to put on a little civil disobedience can practice their rights without fear of going deaf.

Funny how they don't use them on crowds like this:

YouTube - The True Face of Hate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCT8XV0ut1A)

Pericles
09-27-2009, 02:02 PM
It says several things.

1) they are disciplined
2) they are armed
3) they are unified

Yes and the SWAT guys aren't much beyond "dynamic entry" and chase somebody down. Same pretty much goes for the Feds.

OTOH, military types train for being opposed by forces that can really fight. Police make the assumption they have superior force and training vis a vis their opponents. Military guys go in with the assumption that the opponent is at least as better armed than we are and maneuver to destroy an apposing unit.

They better hope they don't ever come up against a bunch of armed ex-GIs. Those tactics would be fatal to them against a unit that knows what it is doing.

RideTheDirt
09-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.-JFK

Promontorium
09-27-2009, 04:58 PM
I was well trained in riot control in the Navy. But such a scenario was nothing like this. We trained to defend the ship, the pier, the base. No authority beyond that.

I've seen many protests in my years overseas. Maybe 100 or more protesting my presence from Japan to Australia.

I really like the Japanese form of protest. They submit their routes, their plans, their numbers then they do it. 10,000 Japanese Communists came from all over the nation to march through our neighborhood for a day. Never was there an incident. Never an arrest by a cop, or a insult thrown at them.

I don't think Americans should have to have a permit to protest, but if the protest is going to block traffic, shut down businesses, completely cut off entire neighborhoods, then that's a different matter. I think there should be a permit process there, and one that cannot be denied without justification beyond the implicit disruption.

I think if you have no permit, and you're standing in the middle of trafffic, you're a douche. It's just not curteous.

I love protests. I don't know how effective they are, but I like seeing people get together peacefully.

Perhaps the protesters here got violent because of the actions of the police. This is nothing new. I can not give excuse for the police violence, and I can not give excuse for the protester's violence either.

I do not agree with those anarchists. I know capitalism is a good thing. But I also see their hypocrisy, and their "protesting" capitalism, while still being party to it is entertaining, and not at all threatening.

That video was great, the guy with the megaphone was very coherent.

These protests were nothing like the volence I've seen recently elsewhere. The rioting in Oakland is my first thought. Cars burned to shells, police cars destroyed, businesses destroyed, violence on people. So I don't think these people were very bad, some people seemed a little too violent.

And still, I'm not too shocked by the actions of the police. They didn't seem to be beating too many people, they weren't running people down. I've seen much worse go un checked, the police actions against the Critical Mass bike riders in NY would be a good example.

These G20 protests don't even hold a candle to the Republican Convention protests/ police response of 2008.

I honestly don't know what can be done. A bill would have to be introduced.

The repsonse by these police was not spur of the moment, that was the mainstream at its finest. The city government must have known tax payer millions were going into a giant noisy riot truck. That is the institution. It would take a top to bottom national movement to change these tactics.

You're going to have to go for Obama's help on this one. Shh, don't tell anyone, but Obama doesn't like police. It's probably the one beautiful paradox that prevents all out militantism in this government right now.

I wish something could be done. California doesn't even have the right to bear arms any more. We can own SOME guns, but bearing them, no. That's a crime.

libertygrl
09-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Well ,Like MLK "you have a dream..." I live with my eyes wide open and not dreaming. Mark my words.....:eek:

There will be violence.

Oh, don't get me wrong. While I prefer civil disobedience, all along I have felt that we've been headed on a collision course for some time now. It's like I'm bracing for the impact. I'm not blind to it I just hope it can be averted.

Other groups in history did succeed without resorting to violence. The most recent in history I can think of was in Poland. Didn't the Polish people do it with the Solidarity movement against the Communists? I guess I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

But I do believe it takes more courage to resist violence that it is to submit to it. Do I have that kind of courage? Do any of us? Only time will tell...

awake
09-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Before you get carried away into violence, do not lose sight of Hoppe (http://mises.org/Controls/Media/MediaPlayer.aspx?Id=3885).

PreDeadMan
09-27-2009, 08:43 PM
The g20 protest can someone explain to me briefly what it's about? I saw it has to do with central banks 20 people from different countries including ours. What do they want a 1 world government and currency?

PreDeadMan
09-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Also this g20 protest in Pittsburgh somebody wake me up is this a real life example of MARTIAL LAW??

Pericles
09-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong. While I prefer civil disobedience, all along I have felt that we've been headed on a collision course for some time now. It's like I'm bracing for the impact. I'm not blind to it I just hope it can be averted.

Other groups in history did succeed without resorting to violence. The most recent in history I can think of was in Poland. Didn't the Polish people do it with the Solidarity movement against the Communists? I guess I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

But I do believe it takes more courage to resist violence that it is to submit to it. Do I have that kind of courage? Do any of us? Only time will tell...

Communist Eastern Europe collapsed because Gorbachev refused to let the Soviet Army be used to put down the protest movement. East Germany was the first to ask, and Gorbachev told them to solve the problem themselves and then sent the sames message to Poland, Czechoslovakia, Romania, et. al.

I was stationed in Europe at the time, and we had no clue what was going on. Subsequently, as Soviet archives were opened, the role Gorbachev played became clear.

At some point, the politicians tell the Generals to fire into the crowd. If the Generals refuse, it is over for the politicians. If the Generals give the order, it then depends on the military doing it, and soldiers don't always fire on their relatives, and friends. If they don't, it is over for the politicians and the generals.

newbitech
09-27-2009, 09:11 PM
The g20 protest can someone explain to me briefly what it's about? I saw it has to do with central banks 20 people from different countries including ours. What do they want a 1 world government and currency?

if you want to explore more about the g20, you will want to read up on GATT.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Agreement_on_Tariffs_and_Trade

also check out IMF, world bank, WTO, NAFTA, NATO, UN to name a few.

Yes they are negotiating one world government and one world currency. The protests are wide ranging and varied and often happen anytime the nations gather around the world to talk.

newbitech
09-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Also this g20 protest in Pittsburgh somebody wake me up is this a real life example of MARTIAL LAW??

You will want to read up on DHS, fusion centers, and federalization of the the US police force.

Short answer is yes, this was an example of martial law.

devil21
09-27-2009, 11:54 PM
You will want to read up on DHS, fusion centers, and federalization of the the US police force.

Short answer is yes, this was an example of martial law.

Not only was it an example, it's far from the first time. The media just doesn't frame in the way they should. Instead they spin to whatever angle is most favorable to government (whether local, state, or fed doesn't seem to matter). When people are prevented from exercising their rights peacefully by government it is always an example of martial law.

"They're all anarchists!" :rolleyes: No they weren't. There's plenty of Youtube videos showing UPitt students getting gassed and arrested for just being outside their dorms. Plenty of videos showing the sound weapon being used in residential side streets with no protestors.

Though I never saw any evidence of it Im not convinced that martial law/state of emergency wasn't quietly declared in Pittsburgh and in every other large protest environment in the past. Who says the media has to report it? I've seen "tinfoilish" reports that we actually live in a constant state of martial law quietly declared many years ago. I don't know how reliable or accurate it is but it's something to think about.

scrosnoe
09-28-2009, 12:12 AM
I am told and need to confirm that the university officialdom is trying to quash the story by telling students that if they talk about their experiences with the police there they will be expelled - can anyone confirm with names and details? It sounds very heavy handed and typical, but again unsubstantiated so far.

The closest I can get it the story is from a friend referencing twitter fellow @infernoenigma who wishes to remain anonymous because of the tactics being mentioned.

I have a number of links and stories posted here (top post currently G20) R3publicans (http://r3publican.wordpress.com)
and Stubborn Facts (http://stubbornfacts1776.com) also posted some thoughts for consideration as we watched the incident together the last few nights.

The entire incident is very troubling indeed . . .

BenIsForRon
09-28-2009, 04:23 AM
^ I wouldn't trust that story. Twitter is about as far from a reputable source as you can get. I mean, do you really think a major university would do that? I think quite a few students would take issue with a campus wide gag order.

devil21
09-28-2009, 04:50 AM
But how many students would really risk expulsion for talking? Probably ZERO.

UPitt's short media statement was very supportive of the police. People will look out for #1 99.99% of the time.

scrosnoe
09-28-2009, 04:55 AM
More videos here under title of To the Edge of the Abyss (http://www.republicmedia.tv/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8443:pa-national-guard-to-support-g-20-summit&catid=3:features&Itemid=53)

two videos show same student being shot from 2 different camera angles - very disturbing indeed . . .

pcosmar
09-28-2009, 08:30 AM
^ I wouldn't trust that story. Twitter is about as far from a reputable source as you can get. I mean, do you really think a major university would do that? I think quite a few students would take issue with a campus wide gag order.

The "reputable" news sources are reporting none of the attacks on non-violent students and citizens.
You would trust them? Why?
The only story that is getting out is on alternative media and word of mouth.

devil21
09-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Pitt adminstration isn't stupid. They know who butters their bread, and it isn't the students. It's the governments and banks that loan the kids the money to pay the exorbitant tuition costs.

BenIsForRon
09-29-2009, 01:05 AM
The "reputable" news sources are reporting none of the attacks on non-violent students and citizens.
You would trust them? Why?
The only story that is getting out is on alternative media and word of mouth.

How did you read that from my comment? I didn't say the info has to come from NBC, I just said twitter is not a reliable source.

I personally go to sites like RawStory, who reported on the protests and police actions.

Anyway, has anybody heard about any civil lawsuits coming from any protesters or citizens?

rrcamp
09-29-2009, 02:56 AM
I graduated from U Pitt in 2006. Seeing this happen on my campus really hurts. I was there for the riots when the Steelers won years ago, but the riot police weren't nearly as aggressive back then. I only saw them taser a guy who was trying to light the gas tank on a flipped car. I don't know what changed...

Send the Vice Chancellor of Public Relations for U Pitt, Robert Hill an email to let him know what you think about their silence:

hillr at pitt.edu

purplechoe
09-29-2009, 05:12 AM
"And how do you feel about the news that the Constitution is dead in Pittsburgh?"

http://jcrue.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/john-mccain-thumbs-up-lg.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/11/05/us/politics/05emanuel_533.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5b/2007SOU_Bush_Cheney_Pelosi.jpg/400px-2007SOU_Bush_Cheney_Pelosi.jpg

purplechoe
09-29-2009, 05:13 AM
I think it's been under attack for a long time. GWB just drove the stake into the heart of it. Obama has grabbed the mallet for the final blow.

Btw, you misspelled "Ruled" ;)

I think GWB was responsible for making that headstone. :)

Bern
09-29-2009, 07:27 AM
I am really late to this story, but damn, there are questions out there that need answers and people who need to be held accountable. Check out these nuggets (apologies if they are already posted on RPF in other threads - I find it helpful to assemble things together to get a better picture):

Agent Provocatuers caught in Pitt protest:

YouTube - G20: Epic Undercover Police Fail (http://youtube.com/watch?v=jrJ7aU-n1L8)

Pitt newspaper:
Also forced into Bruce Hall was sophomore Kevin McMahon.

He was finishing a cigarette outside the residence hall when a police officer ordered him inside.

McMahon said he was upset with the demand.

“This is our residence hall,” he said. “This is where we pay to live every year. Of all the places to try and confine us and say that we’re being unlawful, how can it be in our own residence halls?”

Officers on scene and in the city’s Zone 4 police office, which covers Oakland, declined to comment. Many police forces other than the Pittsburgh Police were involved in the demonstration.

Elizabeth Pittinger, executive director of the Citizen Police Review Board, said she didn’t think Pittsburgh had seen the level of force used by police in terms of the Long Range Acoustic Device and chemical agents before this past week.

“They were deployed probably the most that we’ve used them in contemporary history here in the city,” she said.

The Citizen Police Review Board is appointed by City Council and is responsible for reviewing police activity.

http://www.pittnews.com/node/20144

Comments posted on that story:
*******Pittsburgh Police scanner recording of G20 savage thug attack on peaceful citizens - Sept. 25 2009 11:00pm est *****

Listen to how the Pittsburgh Police turn into Tyrannical Robot Military Thugs terrorizing citizens.

"This is your FORCE MULTIPLIER!! GAS EM' "

http://snardfarker.ning.com/group/pittsburgh_g20_summit/forum/topics/pol...

Download Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ce0c7e674f5e542061d4646c62b381cbe04e7...

Spread this fast !

I listened to some of it, and from what I can gather the agenda of the police is not to get the crowd to disperse, but to encircle and entrap. Is that correct?

If so, that means the police spokespersons have been lying when they said the police were only trying to get the crowd to disperse.

Please clarify.
Ya the police purposely encircled and gassed the crowd.

You can clearly hear one cop saying "majority of the crowd has split up" and "Nothing more we can do here.. We pushed them all the way back.. Do you want us to fallback?"

Yes the police spokesperson has been lying.
I listened to all hour and a half of the tapes. Someone would have to listen to them much more carefully than I am capable of because I'm a little hard of hearing and much of the conversation just fades into noise.

It sounds as if they sealed off all the streets running off the quad and then started driving everyone towards the quad. I heard the word "encircle" used repeatedly. They also appeared to have pursued anyone who attempted to escape, chasing them into buildings.

Just about the time the police were closing in on the quad, someone announced (minute 7:30 on 4.wav): "Initiate Hammer and Anvil!"

I don't recall any mention of tear gas other than at minute 30:00 on 4.wav when someone says "we've launched tear gas" and then immediately retracts that statement.

What, pray tell, is "Hammer and Anvil"?

It is clearly some code word for something, no? Could it be code for “commence launching tear gas and firing into the crowd”? Could the overt use of the word “tear gas” at minute 30:00 have been a slip-up, since it was immediately corrected?

The appearances certainly aren’t good. It would appear this entire operation, code named "Hammer and Anvil," was pre-planned.

Military kidnapping?

YouTube - Arrest at G20 Demonstrations, September 24, 2009 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=G8CNa_viKg0)

BenIsForRon
09-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Agent Provocatuers caught in Pitt protest:

Were they provocatuers? In other words, did they throw or break anything, or were they just walking around? Otherwise they're just "agents".

Bern
09-29-2009, 10:33 AM
I guess we'll never know for sure, but I'm guessing that events would have unfolded differently if the crowd had not outed them.

BenIsForRon
09-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah, maybe everybody should have stayed quiet and waited till they did something, and record everything.

Bern
09-29-2009, 10:47 AM
The cops would likely have finished smashing everyone's cameras in the ensuing melee had they not acted when they did. $.02

David A. Gay, Sr.
09-29-2009, 10:54 AM
My Anti-Fed, Anti-Commie, Anti-Pittsburgh Police Speech...

YouTube - The Great Awakening End the FED 09.26.09 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X97SFqaSa0)

fatjohn
09-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Next time just have like 5 football teams standing behind the peacefull protestors and let the protestors go out of the way for the football teams to run over the cops. Would be funny.

purplechoe
09-29-2009, 02:18 PM
My Anti-Fed, Anti-Commie, Anti-Pittsburgh Police Speech...

YouTube - The Great Awakening End the FED 09.26.09 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X97SFqaSa0)

great speech dude!