PDA

View Full Version : Getting lumped in with the GOP

Lisle16
09-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Am I the only one bothered by how Ron Paul is lumped in with the rest of the Republican Party, because of issues like him voting against the Obama stimulus bill?

I know some people who describe Ron Paul as being a "nut", or "further right than the Republicans." And they mean that in a derogatory fashion.

I guess my feeling is that we have become too closely associated with the Republican Party. There are plenty of Democrats and Independents who respect Ron Paul as well. That's just my view though, yours may differ.

LittleLightShining
09-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Am I the only one bothered by how Ron Paul is lumped in with the rest of the Republican Party, because of issues like him voting against the Obama stimulus bill?

I know some people who describe Ron Paul as being a "nut", or "further right than the Republicans." And this mean that in a derogatory fashion.

I guess my feeling is that we have become too closely associated with the Republican Party. There are plenty of Democrats and Independents who respect Ron Paul as well. That's just my view though, yours may differ.

I see Ron Paul as always on the fringe and so distanced from the GOP. On the other hand, the full tilt effort by C4L to take over the GOP is more of an issue with the concern you raise.

fisharmor
09-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Well, he has stated before that the reason he's a Republican is that it is the party where the liberty message will reach the most people. He doesn't have any fealty to the party other than that. Part of our message should very much be decrying party loyalty, and we should be pointing out that the reason why there is a GOP emphasis is because the GOP actually has on the books that they're supposed to support this stuff.

Regarding being a nut.... well, in the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
RP happens to have had both eyes open for 50+ years so the blind aren't going to understand what he sees. It's why a half-awakened Beck is the leader of the GOP right now.