PDA

View Full Version : Refute Keith Olbermann? "Article 1, Section 9 about slavery"

Knightskye
09-25-2009, 03:25 AM
The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.

Olbermann talked about the "importation" in this video here:
YouTube - Glenn Beck Maybe The Dumbest Man On The Planet! ~Olbermann (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JendTWYIg4I)

So... what's our answer when people call the founders hypocritical, for both wanting individual liberty, yet allowing slavery?

olehounddog
09-25-2009, 03:37 AM
It was the only way to get the southern states to sign up.

Chester Copperpot
09-25-2009, 03:46 AM
Exactly... it was a compromise.

Chester Copperpot
09-25-2009, 03:50 AM
i didnt hear beck say anything but then again i dont watch him.. at least beck is reading the constitution.. Its a work-in-progress. Its a learning process and people are bound to fuck up on understanding parts at times.. I know Ive done it. I think Keith Olbermann should try it sometime.

And its funny how Olbermann wails against chuck norris recommending people "Desecrate" the flag with tea stains, yet Im sure hes been all for hippies burning flags in the past.

angelatc
09-25-2009, 05:28 AM
Olbermann talked about the "importation" in this video here:

So... what's our answer when people call the founders hypocritical, for both wanting individual liberty, yet allowing slavery?

Slavery was created by the government to suit the needs of the big labor bosses. Same sh*t, different century.

You really can't talk about slavery. That conversation is poison, which is why they bring it up as a strawman every time.

You can't judge people of yesterday by the standards of today. Pretty much every freaking country in the world has had a period of legalized slavery at some point. Times change.

TGGRV
09-25-2009, 05:39 AM
This moron is amusing. All these bleeding liberal heart morons are hilarious if you are emotionally detached.

angelatc
09-25-2009, 06:11 AM
This moron is amusing. All these bleeding liberal heart morons are hilarious if you are emotionally detached.

Yeah, but normal people aren't emotionally detached, which is what makes liberalism so dangerous.

TGGRV
09-25-2009, 06:41 AM
Yeah, but normal people aren't emotionally detached, which is what makes liberalism so dangerous.
The problem is that these clowns aren't exposed for what they are - jokes. The educational brainwashing is a huge part of it.

And I'm not really emotionally detached either. These useful idiots, usually, piss me off or sadden me, but right now I'm in a careless attitude so it just amused me.

Knightskye
09-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Well, I guess even Dr. Paul admits it's not perfect. Certainly wasn't in 1800. Maybe we could just stress that the proper way to change the rules is amending the Constitution.