PDA

View Full Version : Pissed off about these LRADs

rrcamp
09-25-2009, 02:34 AM
Remember when somebody first came up with the crazy ass idea to buy a Ron Paul blimp? It was totally nutty but we got the job done.

What if one of our organizations took up a fundraiser to buy our own LRAD. We could paint the thing in red, white, and blue, and bring it to all our protests. We'll point that fcker right at the police, fighting non-lethal fire with fire.

From the company's website it looks like pretty much anyone could buy one:

http://www.atcsd.com/site/content/view/16/32/

We would legitimately say that it will be used for private security of our organizations. Hell, we're protecting our people from the evil protesters, just like you guys. If it happens to accidentally wander across the police line, we that's just too bad. Just like it's too bad the peaceful residents of that Pittsburgh neighborhood had to be subjected to this for no apparent reason.

Reason
09-25-2009, 02:35 AM
hmmmm

Dr.3D
09-25-2009, 02:38 AM
It has been my experience, any time you have to ask the vendor the price of a unit they sell, you can't afford it.

rrcamp
09-25-2009, 02:41 AM
It has been my experience, any time you have to ask the vendor the price of a unit they sell, you can't afford it.

Blimp was the same way. In some twisted way, I think having our own LRAD would get more MSM news time than the blimp did.

The technology is so new, I wonder if it's even covered in some state or federal laws for usage...

Edit:

I just sent the company, American Technology Corp, an e-mail asking if they know which federal, state, or local laws govern the usage of an LRAP in a civilian setting (ie, private security on domestic territory).

justinc.1089
09-25-2009, 02:45 AM
Blimp was the same way. In some twisted way, I think having our own LRAD would get more MSM news time than the blimp did.

Lol, you think?!

It would certainly get attention, so if they don't cost an insane amount it would really get some attention lol.

Edit:

But unless you want to get thrown in the back of an unmarked car with military apes, I don't suggest starting a small war against the police by firing it at them "accidently" lol.

rrcamp
09-25-2009, 02:50 AM
If enough money wasn't raised to buy one, we could spend what we had on two things:

1) Portable parabola
"In addition, sound could be reflected from a solid surface, and redirected back to the originator."

2) Disposable ear plugs purchased in bulk to be handed out free at all protests.
"...the use of passive hearing protection (earplugs, headsets), which may bring the sound down to ineffective levels..."

:-)

BenIsForRon
09-25-2009, 02:57 AM
I would love top blast some Celine Dion or Kenny G through one of those things. That would send the police lines scrambling.

randolphfuller
09-25-2009, 03:11 AM
The blimp idea was a lot better. This one is cuckoo!!

justinc.1089
09-25-2009, 03:14 AM
The blimp idea was a lot better. This one is cuckoo!!

But funny lol. Could you imagine the media's reaction lol? It would be priceless lol.

Kokesh seems pretty hardcore and ready for a revolution against the government, maybe we should buy an LRAD for him to shoot at the police. I know he would be tempted to lol.