PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding Idea: The Ron Paul News Channel

ronpaulfan
09-30-2007, 10:48 AM
I made a new video called "The Ron Paul News Channel". Please watch it and spread it to other Ron Paul supporters! It outlines the details of a never-before-tried strategy that we can use for the Republican primaries!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK8lMqrcc0E

ronpaulfan
09-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Does anyone know how to submit something to dailypaul.com or lewrockwell.com or any other sites?? I'm trying to reach as many people as possible by Monday night (when it will fall off the YouTube top rated page).

richard1984
09-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Does anyone know how to submit something to dailypaul.com or lewrockwell.com or any other sites?? I'm trying to reach as many people as possible by Monday night (when it will fall off the YouTube top rated page).

On DailyPaul, just register, sign in, and start a new thread. The owner is away for a week or so, so new threads are actually being put up on top right now (which really helps exposure).

stevedasbach
09-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Using a portable DVD player or video i-pod might be easier when walking neiborhood.

Suzu
09-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh, how I wish I could afford a laptop - or one of them other thingies!

risiusj
09-30-2007, 11:47 AM
This isn't very efficient. It'll take 5-10 minutes for every home you visit that is actually interested enough to watch.
Setting up shop on a busy sidewalk with some loud (but not obnoxious) speakers would be much better.

American
09-30-2007, 11:51 AM
It should work, also take your laptop to farmers markets and hand out slim jims, its works great.

richard1984
09-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Question: What is the advantage of Firefox over Internet Explorer (I know my dad uses Firefox, but I don't know why, or if it's any better or worse than I.E.--it seems like I've heard mixed reviews)?

Also, could we accomplish the same thing (or something similar) by burning video and audio files onto a CD to hand out to people or to distribute throughout neighborhoods (especially for those of us without much extra time on our hands)?
(It seems to me that the main problem with doing this would be that people may be afraid of viruses or something...you know how people are....:rolleyes:)

V-rod
09-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Great Video, AND you used a Breeders song. Way to go :D

katao
09-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Great video. It doesn't have to be a laptop - portable DVD players are cheap.

Whether door-to-door, on the street corner, at a booth, wherever, please do this:

1. Find out what their key issues are - war? taxes? education? environment? health care?
2. Show short clip or two from an appropriate video based on their answer.
3. Leave a DVD with them to watch more. For Republicans, I HIGHLY recommend "A Man for All Seasons".
4. If they are supportive, give them a yard sign, bumper sticker. Give them a form to register to vote (as a Republican - you may need to remind them that they can vote in the general election for any party). Ask them to donate. Remind them to vote in the primaries.

ronpaulfan
09-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Video iPods and Playstation Portables work to but Laptops are the easiest. I recommend showing the "bloodbath... marching orders from alquida/constitution" response from the GOP debates a few weeks back. That shows his position on the war and how the media treat him.

If you have the time, "Ron Paul: Stop Dreaming" is the best video in my opinion.

Also, focus on your neighborhood where people know you and can connect better

Bradley in DC
09-30-2007, 07:21 PM
The video is hilarious in its simplicity and usefulness. :)

angelatc
09-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Question: What is the advantage of Firefox over Internet Explorer (I know my dad uses Firefox, but I don't know why, or if it's any better or worse than I.E.--it seems like I've heard mixed reviews)?

FIrefox rocks. I gave up on IE because it took too long to use. I know that IE now has tabbed browsing, but Firefox had it a long time before.

It has tons and tons of "plug ins" and amazing ad-blocker software.

I could never go back to IE.

ronpaulfan
09-30-2007, 09:29 PM
FYI, please post here if you have any trouble with Firefox, the DownloadHelper addon or the FLV player

ronpaulfan
09-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Also, someone please tell Alex Jones to stop being so loud and annoying

BuddyRey
10-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Sounds like a plan. Looks like I need to start shopping for a laptop!

And AWESOME song choice! :D

Flirple
10-01-2007, 02:20 AM
I agree that one of the best ways to sell Ron is to let Ron sell himself and get out of the way. So any way that efficiently and effectively helps people see video of Ron I am all for. I'd be curious to hear how people respond if you just show up at their door wanting to show them a video. I always have a selection of videos on my video iPod ready to go whenever I'm talking to people who start to seem genuinely curious.

The other idea I've been toying with is to make a series of 4 signs ( like the ones in the very beginning of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEJqjDbK16s ) that work in succession that say "Watch Ron Paul" "win another debate" "Oct. 9th @ 4pm" "on CNBC!" And then hold them during morning rush hour traffic at the same time and place a few days in a row right before a debate as a way to really keep working on the same people and motivate them to discover Ron Paul for themselves in the comfort of their own homes.