PDA

View Full Version : RP Upset In NH in the making?

wsc321
09-30-2007, 10:32 AM
This struck me as particularly encouraging... I don't know anything about the website, but I'm guessing they are strongly Lib/Dem:

http://commentsfromleftfield.com/2007/09/ron-paul-really

"I’m going to go out on a slight limb here and suggest that what these signs may mean is an unexpectedly good showing in NH for Ron Paul..."

Zydeco
09-30-2007, 10:34 AM
There's no way Ron Paul can win New Hampshire. He's only gotten 65%, 73%, and 65% in the three GOP straw polls held there so far.

Johnnybags
09-30-2007, 10:38 AM
This struck me as particularly encouraging... I don't know anything about the website, but I'm guessing they are strongly Lib/Dem:

"I’m going to go out on a slight limb here and suggest that what these signs may mean is an unexpectedly good showing in NH for Ron Paul..."

except McCain does have imbedded support. He is a 8 to 12 percenter there.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-30-2007, 10:40 AM
if it's not an upset... then I have say.... I will lose all respect for that state

TheIndependent
09-30-2007, 10:42 AM
The "update" on that link about how much support volunteers are giving he calls "scary".

I call bullshit. It's easy to remain apathetic and just throw money at a campaign if said campaign has hundreds (or thousands) of paid volunteers, but with a campaign like Paul's it's just not possible to fund that many. So, as a result, a lot of volunteers are really pushing for change and foregoing much of their social life to do so.

Look for a lot of the media and blogging world to start painting supporters as "cultists" or "neo-Laroucheites" in order to subtly savage the campaign. Change doesn't come easy, and we all know that most of Paul's supporters are just like everyone else--normal people--except we want a real change. Not lip service.

It's ironic how the MSM and many bloggers complain about political apathy, but when a movement arises, they're the first people to denounce it.

Ozwest
09-30-2007, 10:46 AM

Thanks for that, I really enjoyed it.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-30-2007, 10:49 AM
The "update" on that link about how much support volunteers are giving he calls "scary".

I call bullshit. It's easy to remain apathetic and just throw money at a campaign if said campaign has hundreds (or thousands) of paid volunteers, but with a campaign like Paul's it's just not possible to fund that many. So, as a result, a lot of volunteers are really pushing for change and foregoing much of their social life to do so.

Look for a lot of the media and blogging world to start painting supporters as "cultists" or "neo-Laroucheites" in order to subtly savage the campaign. Change doesn't come easy, and we all know that most of Paul's supporters are just like everyone else--normal people--except we want a real change. Not lip service.

It's ironic how the MSM and many bloggers complain about political apathy, but when a movement arises, they're the first people to denounce it.

Ron Paul..scary? oh, those people are morons... the proper response to them is this: please, do not vote.. do America a favor.. *click*

McDermit
09-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Apathy and inaction are comfortable. Passion is scary.

itsnobody
09-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Ron Paul may win NH...NH is supposedly a libertarian state

mrchubbs
09-30-2007, 11:35 AM

Very good observation... and dead on accurate. Wish I would/could hear someone of the "talking heads" make this same observation. Maybe some day.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Ron Paul may win NH...NH is supposedly a libertarian state

its funny how no one ever mentions that.. they keep calling rp a libertarian, nh a libertarian state, yet they never seem to add 2 + 2