PDA

View Full Version : G20: Pitts. Cops Terrorize Neighborhood w/ Sonic Weapon Mounted on Black Armored Car

Dionysus
09-24-2009, 08:12 PM
The real emperor must be in town.

YouTube - g20 protests! pittsburgh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SwBU1DOO_Q)

Dreamofunity
09-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Why the fuck does a police department need a vehicle like that?

JoshLowry
09-24-2009, 10:09 PM
To protect government from the people?

Paid for by taxpayers and then used against them. Clever girl.

Mike4Freedom
09-24-2009, 10:16 PM
deleted

BenIsForRon
09-24-2009, 10:29 PM
This shit pisses me off more than anything. The fucking gall these assholes have, to do this in the United States of America, founded on Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. When I see that armored van with sonic weapons, all I can think about is Death, Slavery, and the Propagation of Fear.

On top of that, I highly doubt that van was in the Pittsburgh Police's possession until just prior to these protests. The only purpose of that piece of shit is to stifle dissent.

It's like Big Brother's version of plugging your ears and yelling "lalalalalalala"

max
09-24-2009, 10:35 PM
dirty bastards...

that siren must have terrorized the shit out of dogs and older people....just hearing it thru my computer unsettles my brain. Just imagine it live.

The only purpose of that sound machine is to terrorize......like the drums or bagpipes of an advancing army back in the old days...

that truck has no use at all in fighting muggers, rapists, drug dealers etc. Its only use is against the people at large!

JeNNiF00F00
09-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Hearing that noise actually incites ANGER upon me. If I heard that going on in my neighborhood, I would probably start the shooting. Good god.

Reason
09-25-2009, 12:00 AM
Welcome to the new Amerika.

rrcamp
09-25-2009, 02:26 AM
This might be a stupid question, but why won't all the protesters simply bring $1 earplugs next time?

I'm completely confused why they had the weapon activated in that neighborhood; there weren't even any protesters! To me it looked like a show of force/remember who's in charge mission. Or more probably, some a-hole on a power trip.

justinc.1089
09-25-2009, 02:58 AM
I think if an LRAD is turned down to where it does not damage hearing most people don't really find it necessary to bother with ear plugs. At least thats what the whale-hugging hippies on Whale Wars on animal planet were saying lol, that wearing ear plugs was more annoying than listening to the LRAD the whalers had to try to make them go away.

And I think once they get loud enough that ear plugs do no good, they damage your hearing.

So I think ear plugs are kind of pointless with those things, but thats just my speculation about it from seeing those things used on the whale-hugging hippies on whale wars lol.

If you're ever bored and want a good laugh and that show is on its funny to laugh at them. I mean they're right, people shouldn't hunt whales to extinction, but the people themselves are just funny I think.

And yeah the LRAD being driven around the neighborhood was just a show of force, and completely insane.

Isaac Bickerstaff
09-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Time to recruit the dB drag racers. Our can of whoop-ass is louder than their can of whoop-ass. Blast some infrasound at ridiculous sound pressure and those g20 fools won't be able to remember how to tie their shoes let alone destroy the world.

Freedom 4 all
09-25-2009, 11:07 AM
That's a fucking annoying sound. I really don't see the point of it though. If it's supposed to calm people down then that is retarded. An interesting social experiment would be to park that van near a prison and count how long (in seconds) it takes for a prison riot to start. People aren't generally docile and tranquil when they are annoyed. It almost seems like they are trying to incite a riot in order to start justifying using lethal force.

Son_of_Liberty90
03-03-2016, 01:38 AM
I was a lurker when I read this thread and wanted to comment even though its from 2009. If you ask me, still very relevant.

I had a nightmare recently I think inspired by this. When I was a sophomore in College (Not Pittsburgh), I watched the videos being posted after the event took place. Scared the living s*** out of me, and you better believe it was nightmare fuel for the next few weeks.