View Full Version : New favorite revolution picture

Bryan
09-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Don't know why exactly it is, but I really like this:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/bryanxt/ronpaulrev.jpg

hard@work
09-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Ahhh I've been looking for that one. I like this one too:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/144/2/d/Viva_The_Ron_Paul_Revolution_by_Ften.jpg

jmarinara
09-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Please don't associate Ron Paul with a communist dictator like Che Guevara.

0zzy
09-30-2007, 05:19 PM
rofl @ first one

Corydoras
09-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Clever, but please don't scare the horses in the streets.
:rolleyes:

hard@work
09-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Please don't associate Ron Paul with a communist dictator like Che Guevara.

The idea that Ron Paul can supplant the youth "hero" of Che is heart warming to me. Media replacing the communist ideal directly with a libertarian one is very powerful. It is a rejection of the idea that the "something better" or "greener grass" is not actually something we already have.

Please do not patronize what you are unable to comprehend.

Kregener
09-30-2007, 06:37 PM
I agree that the tie to a murderer and communist is bad for Ron Paul.

I dislike the images very much.

plopolp
09-30-2007, 06:48 PM
They aren't meant for YOU to like them! They are meant to reach out to people who haven't yet considered Ron Paul.

I think those pix would work very well!
They are ostensively anti-violent and the way they combine opposites is both very "trendy" for how good commercial is done today, and at the same time representative for how Ron Paul followers come from very different backgrounds. It fits so well with the "rLOVEution" message, that I'd think that the campaign had made those pictures from the beginning and just waited for a good time to release them! Excellent.

Hope
09-30-2007, 06:50 PM
They aren't meant for YOU to like them! They are meant to reach out to people who haven't yet considered Ron Paul.

I think those pix would work quite well!

You're not making any sense. You think that tying Ron Paul to murderers and communists will help consider Ron Paul a serious Republican candidate?

Corydoras
09-30-2007, 07:04 PM

Oh god, no, that's the last place we need them. In bohemian neighborhoods, they will evoke even stronger reactions as all the Chinese and South American people cringe and explain to their white friends why Ron Paul must be crazy.

And the mass of voters we need are snug in their suburban houses where a trash can rolling down the street evokes frowns and a branch growing over a fence can provoke a feud, because that's what most of America is. Demographically, the suburbs are a larger part of the population than the cities.

There's a passage in Pearl Buck where a missionary gives a picture of Jesus on the cross. She takes it home, shows it to her family, and comments, "He must have been a bad person to deserve that." Without context, the picture meant nothing.

These images are fine for encouraging the hard core, like most of us. I guess.

Bryan
09-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Maybe I'm missing something- I understand the communist connection with the second picture but is there any "hidden" negative connection with the first?

plopolp
10-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Don't you see that it is exactly the opposite of a violent message? It's a combination of opposites which makes the contrasts clearer. Just like the rLOVEution-word, who thinks that makes Ron Paul look like a communist?

Bradley in DC
10-01-2007, 08:42 AM
The first one is priceless, I've been emailing to friends concerned with the rEVOLution theme and even they appreciate it.

Ozwest
10-01-2007, 08:46 AM
Shit Stirrers Unite!!!

fletcher
10-01-2007, 09:18 AM
The Che one will only turn off Republicans. I'm not a big fan of the first one either. It would make me think Paul is a hippie anarchist.

jorger
10-01-2007, 02:00 PM
please don't associate Dr. Paul with Che, a communist of s**t .

Orat
10-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Let's keep most of our radical-winning materials (such as the Che image) for AFTER the primaries. Once he gets past the primaries, knock yourself out, because Republicans won't vote for Hillary no matter what. Seeing a kid with a Che-like shirt featuring Ron Paul won't change that. But before the primary, it just might.