PDA

View Full Version : MSM needs to understand BLOWBACK

Dojo
09-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Anyone else here on the verge of cancelling or downgrading your cable service because of the propaganda on the Cable news networks.?

I tried last month to downgrade my service to just basic cable, it has local channels, network stations, c-span and weather channel ect....( does not include the cable news networks).... BUT comcast gave me an offer of $20.00 discount to stay on board... so I still have the same package..........Just cheaper.

BUT............ I do have a limit of how much I will take.........if the Paul bashing, war mongering cable news media continues, I will downgrade to basic, or cancell all together, FREE MARKET BLOWBACK........ There are many here that live without cable, and I can too...........

I think we can make a difference here if we all agree to a threshold of what we can tolerate, and then on a mass level ...ALL cancell...... or downgrade....

Of course we would still need a couple of youtubers to keep us posted..... but the email campaigns and call ins we now do, just aren't cutting it......hitting the pocketbook will.

Is this a good IDEA...some feedback please

JackLaw
09-30-2007, 09:48 AM
The major broadcasters are in the entertainment business, period. Neither the impartial observation nor the honest understanding of current events is prerequisite to this niche. I mean, what do you expect?

If you don't like the news, don't watch it. Hell, cancel cable and throw out the damn box... it's what I'd do. However I don't think there's a boycott in the works here. Some things are here to stay, and I'm afraid FOX news is probably one of them.

trispear
09-30-2007, 09:48 AM
I haven't watched most Old Media for about 5 years - since their bullshit non-coverage of us going into Iraq (no questions asked, following the President's talking points). I haven't watched the BS nightly news in 10 - I really don't care if Grandma got her dog stuck in a tree.

I get everything I need from the internet.

The only shows I watch is South Park (new to me episodes only), Daily Show (too much Democrat asskissing but good interviews), Colbert Report (just right), the History Channel (a lot of BS, most shows could be distilled down to 3 minutes without the fluff), and the Discovery/Science channels.

I don't know of any better way to punish the old media than to keep reducing what I watch. I keep doing so as I find alternatives online:) I even found some cartoons better than South Park, even production quality:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5im0Ssyyus

Edit: Oh, and Anime. Those don't financially support the big media for the most part.

fj45lvr
09-30-2007, 09:49 AM
welcome to the life of a Palestinian for the last 60 years....

sucks doesn't it.

Lord Xar
09-30-2007, 09:52 AM
yup. I actually stopped my La Times subscription explicitly because of their lack of coverage for Ron Paul. If you read this paper, you'd understand... blatantly looking him over while covering Tancredo, or Brownback.... Its great that the Times covered thow two -- but uhmm also cover Ron Paul.

Not even a mention about the Ron Paul Rally at USC with about 1000 people there... YET, they do a half page on brownback (or hucklebee) with only 36 or so people at "his" event... that same day.

so, PHUK LA Times..... I wrote them a letter.. of course, they never printed it.

ghemminger
09-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Awsome - I can't read or watch MSM without vomiting - so the net is where my news comes from now - much more TRUTH

Bryan
09-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Anyone else here on the verge of cancelling or downgrading your cable service because of the propaganda on the Cable news networks.?

I tried last month to downgrade my service to just basic cable, it has local channels, network stations, c-span and weather channel ect....( does not include the cable news networks).... BUT comcast gave me an offer of $20.00 discount to stay on board... so I still have the same package..........Just cheaper.

BUT............ I do have a limit of how much I will take.........if the Paul bashing, war mongering cable news media continues, I will downgrade to basic, or cancell all together, FREE MARKET BLOWBACK........ There are many here that live without cable, and I can too...........

I think we can make a difference here if we all agree to a threshold of what we can tolerate, and then on a mass level ...ALL cancell...... or downgrade....

Of course we would still need a couple of youtubers to keep us posted..... but the email campaigns and call ins we now do, just aren't cutting it......hitting the pocketbook will.

I haven't had a TV to watch in years. Youtube does fine now days plus debates streaming live. At work they keep some TVs on CNN headline news all day in the lunch room, it's terrible. I try to toss in some good comments when I pass by, "This is news?" or "Sounds pretty bias.", etc. :)

Edit- Of course RonPaulRadio.com is there to help now too!

AdamT
09-30-2007, 10:17 AM
I canceled our cable service 6 years ago. At the time they offered all kinds of perks to get us to stay. I just kept saying "turn it off now" and they eventually did. So needless to say, aside for the YouTube clip here or there, I absolutely refuse to watch MSM. It makes me sick.

constituent
09-30-2007, 10:20 AM
, Daily Show (too much Democrat asskissing but good interviews), Colbert Report (just right).

Three Cheers for the Colbert Nation. Stand in solidarity with your brothers and sisters of the Ron Paul Nation:

Five Bucks to Show the World (and the other Candidates) that Ron is wriststRONg!

ARISE NATION FROM YOUR SLUMBER! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=20812)

ghemminger
09-30-2007, 10:26 AM
ditto

JosephTheLibertarian
09-30-2007, 10:30 AM
I'd like to blowback their heads off their shoulders :p

quickmike
09-30-2007, 10:32 AM
I got rid of my cable service last year. If I want to watch movies, I get a DVD or download a movie and watch it through my laptop on the 40" LCD. All my news comes from the internet. It was strange at first, but after I got used to it, I wonder why I ever had it in the first place. Im into documentaries and things of that nature that you see on Discovery Channel and Nova. Most of these are available for download off a torrent site.

Not missing much except Reno 911 which I always watched before I got rid of cable. Actually, if I could get just Comedy Central and nothing else, I would pay the cable company for just that one channel.

Otherwise, no biggie.

Corydoras
09-30-2007, 10:37 AM
No TV here, either. When important things come up, clips get posted online. And news appears much faster online in the newspapers and wire service articles and blogs than on the air or on paper. The chaff to wheat ratio in TV news is just way too high for it to be worthwhile for me.

rodent
09-30-2007, 12:02 PM

I dropped cable after I started listening to Alex Jones.

I get all of my core news from Prison Planet (http://www.prisonplanet.tv) and http://finance.yahoo.com. Alex Jones posts the links to the original articles and then provides commentary on what he thinks the power-elite are really trying to tell us.

I don't agree with Alex Jones on everything. I don't think he understands that carbon taxes are a form of addressing market externalities, and that they can't work unless applied globally. However, his opinion is valid in that we're all going down a slippery slope of losing sovereignty.

Still, I trust Alex Jones more than I trust Fox News or CBS or whatever. Alex doesn't lie and he always gives sources so you can go look it up and verify it for yourself.