PDA

View Full Version : To the Moneybombers:

Original_Intent
09-24-2009, 02:06 PM
As someone who wishes all of our liberty candidates well, just a couple things I think need to be kept in mind.

Don't try to schedule "your candidate's" money bombs to undercut another liberty candidates money bomb.

Set expectations low: The economy is terrible, people are struggling to get by, and these are statewide primaries. People are acting like they expect to have Ron Paul November 5, '07 type money bombs. I am not trying to discourage anyone and if you can pull it off - GREAT! I just think it is an insanely high expectation for a statewide race in this economy. I seriouly think that any moneybomb that raises $100,000 in a day for a senator or a congressman in a non-presidential election year should be viewed as AT LEAST as successful as a $ 5 million dollar day for a presidential candidate. Add the effect of the lousy economy and maybe it should be viewed as on par to a $10 million day!

I expect to donate to both Rand and Schiff, also some local candidates and POSSIBLY some other liberty candidates around the country. But I know right now that it is going to be tough to give IN TOTAL to them what I gave to Ron Paul during his run. I hope all you organizers keep that in mind as you set expectations.

if you want a million dollar plus day, I think the only way you do it is to do a combined bomb on November 5 (and I know some people hate that idea as well.)

NerveShocker
09-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah I agree some are acting like this is a presidential race. Raising almost 200,000$ yesterday was a huge success but we can still do much better. The money-bomb's aren't dead at all and neither is this movement. The only thing that ended was the presidential race, but it set off a movement that can't be stopped. We need to make sure we don't become apathetic or try to fix something that is not broken.

pacelli
09-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Non-presidential campaign in the midst of an irreversible economic collapse, any dollar that is donated without pandering to lobbyists speaks volumes. People who cannot afford to donate should not feel ashamed or be harassed for not putting their money where their mouth is. Every little bit helps, and any candidate is going to put any funds to good use, whether it meets their personal goal or not. There are many ways a person can support a candidate, even if financial contributions are impossible.