PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Party candidate for Congress polling well against Rep. and Dem. liberals

erowe1
09-24-2009, 01:31 PM
http://www.clubforgrowth.org/2009/09/cfg_poll_shows_statistical_tie.php

This is for a special election. I don't know when, but soon. I also don't know anything about this Hoffman guy beyond what I can read here:
http://doughoffmanforcongress.com/issues.html

He looks better than the average Republican (which, granted, is setting the bar very low). His opponents in both parties are apparently pretty far left. And I like the fact that he's running third party and will owe nothing to the GOP establishment. I hope he wins

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-24-2009, 01:36 PM
He sounds like a Neo-Con. It's a no win situation for us in the Liberty movement. Pretty disconcerting that you say he looks better than the average GOP. Makes you really think, how doomed we really are (In the end though, we will win).

He is caught hook line and sinker in Keynesianism....This guy actually thinks the Economy is recovering. We need to seriously do a book bomb for everyone in Congress and send them the treatises of Hayek, Mises, and Rothbard.

erowe1
09-24-2009, 01:43 PM
He sounds like a Neo-Con. It's a no win situation for us in the Liberty movement. Pretty disconcerting that you say he looks better than the average GOP. Makes you really think, how doomed we really are (In the end though, we will win).

He is caught hook line and sinker in Keynesianism....This guy actually thinks the Economy is recovering. We need to seriously do a book bomb for everyone in Congress and send them the treatises of Hayek, Mises, and Rothbard.

Good point about keynesianism. I actually skipped over that bit in his statement on the stimulus. But seeing it now, it's pretty horrendous. I also am completely unimpressed about the fact that the only thing he says he wants to cut spending on is earmarks. That's a sure sign of someone who has no desire to do anything serious for the cause of less government.

What indicated to you that he was a neocon? I couldn't tell much of anything from his vague statement on the military.