PDA

View Full Version : Environmentalists Attack “Plush” Toilet Paper

disorderlyvision
09-24-2009, 09:58 AM
“It is a fight over toilet paper: the kind that is blanket-fluffy and getting fluffier so fast that manufacturers are running out of synonyms for “soft” (Quilted Northern Ultra Plush is the first big brand to go three-ply and three-adjective).

“It’s a menace, environmental groups say — and a dark-comedy example of American excess.

“The reason, they say, is that plush U.S. toilet paper is usually made by chopping down and grinding up trees that were decades or even a century old. They want Americans, like Europeans, to wipe with tissue made from recycled paper goods.” (Washington Post, Thursday)

Speechless.

http://fee.org/articles/in-brief/environmentalist-plush-toilet-paper/?utm_source=Comprehensive&utm_campaign=a233d4fcd8-In_brief_9_23-2009&utm_medium=email

I just cannot believe the absurdity I run across when reading news:eek:

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-24-2009, 10:17 AM
http://fee.org/articles/in-brief/environmentalist-plush-toilet-paper/?utm_source=Comprehensive&utm_campaign=a233d4fcd8-In_brief_9_23-2009&utm_medium=email

Nothing new. Why do you think there are strict regulation on toilet bowel sizes, and now draconian measures that intrude into your home all in the name of Environmentalism...

One has to wonder why these people have such contempt for themselves :confused:

yokna7
09-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Nothing new. Why do you think there are strict regulation on toilet bowel sizes, and now draconian measures that intrude into your home all in the name of Environmentalism...

One has to wonder why these people have such contempt for themselves :confused:

This is hilarious! I ask this myself. What's next? Will we be forced to use pine cones like these hippies?

fisharmor
09-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Why is it that the environmentalists go after the whole process of shitting every two years?
Is it because their heads spend so much time up there that they can't stop thinking about it?

amy31416
09-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Forcing people to use a specific type of toilet paper is ridiculous, but hey, they did it with light bulbs, didn't they? The fact is though, if you own your own home, it behooves you to use the stuff that breaks down easily--unless you enjoy spending a lot of money on plumbers.

If I were a landlord, I'd actually supply my tenants with the stuff I wanted them to use because of that problem. It's not the cheapest stuff, nor is it plush, but it's worth it. Sewage clogs/backups are not pleasant.

SelfTaught
09-24-2009, 11:27 AM
I refuse to use rough, sandpaper-like, tissue on my booty. It's one of the main reasons I don't like using public restrooms when I do need to do a #2.

I guess it's time to stock up on baby wipes. I might even go to a restaurant and steal all the wet naps.

lynnf
09-24-2009, 12:02 PM

hmm, let's see ... the more you have going in, the more you have going out.
next there will be food restrictions to decrease the amount coming out!

lynn

BillyDkid
09-24-2009, 12:10 PM

I just cannot believe the absurdity I run across when reading news:eek:I think we need to start wearing hair shirts too - to atone for our sins against mother nature.

Bucjason
09-24-2009, 12:13 PM
If I am forced to use sandpaper toilet paper , I will wipe my ass with a hippy instead

SelfTaught
09-24-2009, 12:25 PM
If I am forced to use sandpaper toilet paper , I will wipe my ass with a hippy instead

I would try to find one with some "plush" looking dreadlocks.

TGGRV
09-24-2009, 12:33 PM
I love triple layered plush toilet paper. I will make an environmentalist lick my bum after I poop if I won't be able to buy it. They will taste what's in their head anyway.

dannno
09-24-2009, 12:43 PM

Why are you punishing hippies?!?! I've never met a real hippie who was a statist..

dannno
09-24-2009, 12:45 PM
I love triple layered plush toilet paper. I will make an environmentalist lick my bum after I poop if I won't be able to buy it. They will taste what's in their head anyway.

Ron Paul is the biggest environmentalist of them all.. We would do more for our environment to protect private property rights than following the establishment led environmental movement..

TGGRV
09-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Ron Paul is the biggest environmentalist of them all.. We would do more for our environment to protect private property rights than following the establishment led environmental movement..

I know that and I'm in favor in the libertarian way of doing environmentalism. I was referring to one of these cretins.

Pericles
09-24-2009, 01:52 PM
What a bunch of ass wipes.

noxagol
09-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Tell someone with bad hemeroids to use the crappy paper. They will not be happy.

TinCanToNA
09-24-2009, 04:44 PM
I love the mainstream defunct political movements, such as feminism, "fair trade" and environmentalism. The standard adherents to those radical causes are so unwilling to examine the efforts they support, that it leaves you breathless. No, the illegal immigrants don't want your boycott of the tomatoes they grow; no, you aren't advancing the rights of women by support abortion; and no, saving paper does not save trees. Hate to break it to you, you filthy hippy.

TGGRV
09-24-2009, 05:17 PM
I love the mainstream defunct political movements, such as feminism, "fair trade" and environmentalism. The standard adherents to those radical causes are so unwilling to examine the efforts they support, that it leaves you breathless. No, the illegal immigrants don't want your boycott of the tomatoes they grow; no, you aren't advancing the rights of women by support abortion; and no, saving paper does not save trees. Hate to break it to you, you filthy hippy.

Feminism is and was a sham. Bleh. Growing up I thought they teach women how to be better people and have more fulfilling lives.

dannno
09-24-2009, 05:26 PM
I know that and I'm in favor in the libertarian way of doing environmentalism. I was referring to one of these cretins.

Ya I just want to end the argument that people on the left care about the environment and people on the right don't..

..and end the argument that people on the left care about the impoverished and people on the right don't..

cause I care about both of those things, I just know that creating a playing field that is equal under the rule of law and protecting individual and private property rights are the best way to go about securing the most wealth and highest standard of living for the population as a whole as well as protecting the environment...whereas leftist solutions have the whole analogy, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".. So we both want the same things, it's all about how to get there.

LibForestPaul
09-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Why is it that the environmentalists go after the whole process of shitting every two years?
Is it because their heads spend so much time up there that they can't stop thinking about it?

Yes environmentalists...obviously :rolleyes:

Who printed the article? Who stated what was printed? Who passes the laws that would get this (like the lightbulbs) on the books? Who finances the people who are stating what was printed? Who bribe..I mean contributes the politicians that pass these laws? Those damn hippies, Damn them to heck!

LibForestPaul
09-24-2009, 05:47 PM
P.S. Real men don't use "ultra-plush" tp.

TGGRV
09-25-2009, 03:15 AM
P.S. Real men don't use "ultra-plush" tp.
Wiping with sandpaper is manly, right? ;P

Mini-Me
09-25-2009, 04:11 AM
Wiping with sandpaper is manly, right? ;P

Nope, it's just that real men poop at such high velocity that there's nothing left to wipe. ;)

Still, there's something to be said about wiping with sandpaper, too. The more blood you mop up, the more you know you're doing a thorough job!

TGGRV
09-25-2009, 04:46 AM
I was hungry before coming back on this thread... This thread = DIET! lol

jsu718
09-25-2009, 05:04 AM
I don't know about all you people, but I only use Charmin Ultra-Strong. If I run out I will use paper towels before I will go with toilet paper that falls apart on me or leaves a ton of lint. Oh, and it doesn't feel like sandpaper either :p