PDA

View Full Version : Overview of Congress

Bruno
09-24-2009, 08:44 AM
I found this Overview of Congress while looking for some educational material for a friend. It is slightly outdated, as it still shows Cheney as President of the Senate, but there is some good info in there.

If anyone else has any additional educational material, feel free to share.

http://exchange.guhsd.net/teacher_objects/Congress.ppt#256,1,CONGRESS

Truth-Bringer
09-24-2009, 09:11 AM
I came across some interesting information lately - and that is the Jefferson's Manual - the rule book for Congress. In the original Manual it was mandated that Congress read each bill not once, not twice, but three times.

Then if the bill was passed it had to go out to the people for an approval vote.

Funny how such information gets conveniently withheld from the people over time. Of course, the people are partly to blame as well for not keeping up on their elected officials.

Bruno
09-24-2009, 09:15 AM
I came across some interesting information lately - and that is the Jefferson's Manual - the rule book for Congress. In the original Manual it was mandated that Congress read each bill not once, not twice, but three times.

Then if the bill was passed it had to go out to the people for an approval vote.

Funny how such information gets conveniently withheld from the people over time. Of course, the people are partly to blame as well for not keeping up on their elected officials.

That is very interesting indeed. Wish it were so. Now they say, "i haven't read it, who could even understand it?" And then they make an uninformed vote anyway.