PDA

View Full Version : Belgium Suspends Democracy and Civil Rights over "Swine Flu" Pandemic

davesxj
09-23-2009, 08:30 PM
The Flu Case
Wed, 23 Sep 2009 15:35 EDT
http://www.theflucase.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=699%3Abelgium-suspends-democracy-and-civil-rights-over-pandemic-emergency&catid=41%3Ahighlighted-news&Itemid=105&lang=en

The Belgian parliament yesterday voted to give the government emergency dicatorial powers under the pretext of dealing with a pandemic emergency.

Belgium is the first country in Europe to formally suspend democracy and civic rights and to switch over to military rule under the authority of a "a special crisis committee" that answers ultimately to WHO and the UN.

WHO declared a pandemic emergency level 6 in June over the "swine flu" pandemic, allowing governments to activate "emergency measures" that suspend the operation of normal government and justice.

Earlier this summer, the Belgian Health Minister Laurette Onkelinx passed a decree allowing the police to be detailed to participate in "medical emergencies" on the mass vaccination and quarantine of the population.

Pericles
09-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Who ever translated the original into English screwed up badly. The original French is nowhere close to the substance of that article.

davesxj
09-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Who ever translated the original into English screwed up badly. The original French is nowhere close to the substance of that article.

Haha I see now. Well let this be a lesson to all researchers.. examine all sources closely.

Still a case of the gov't using a manufactured crisis to enact powers not normally given to it.

youngbuck
09-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Looks like Jane Burgermeister was onto something...

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-23-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm locked and loaded if this ever happens in America, it'll be over my dead body, and I'm sure millions of others.

Who's going to be the leader of the new Sons of Liberty, shall this ever come to fruition?

Reason
09-23-2009, 11:31 PM
and I'm sure millions of others.

Very optimistic.

JeNNiF00F00
09-23-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm locked and loaded if this ever happens in America, it'll be over my dead body, and I'm sure millions of others.

Who's going to be the leader of the new Sons of Liberty, shall this ever come to fruition?

have heard this from plenty of others. you are not alone.