PDA

View Full Version : lewrockwell.com

Trigonx
09-23-2009, 01:27 PM
I was hoping to see something about Rand's moneybomb on LRC early in the day but there is nothing. Is that site not allowed to promote it or has Lew not gotten to it yet? I hope at least they can get the Cavuto video up later tonight when its on youtube and help promote the moneybomb then. Any mention of it on LRC would help.

MRoCkEd
09-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Lew doesn't believe in electoral politics so he tends not to promote moneybombs. He does usually comment on them after they happen though.

rp08orbust
09-23-2009, 01:30 PM
I was hoping to see something about Rand's moneybomb on LRC early in the day but there is nothing. Is that site not allowed to promote it or has Lew not gotten to it yet? I hope at least they can get the Cavuto video up later tonight when its on youtube and help promote the moneybomb then. Any mention of it on LRC would help.

In case you haven't noticed, Lew Rockwell isn't much into endorsing candidates for public office. He only makes an exception for Ron Paul because Ron Paul is extremely exceptional. Maybe he's just not convinced that Rand Paul is an enemy of the state yet.

muzzled dogg
09-23-2009, 02:09 PM
NOTE TO WHOEVER CAN REMEMBER

as the next money bomb approaches, we all need to email LRC and demand Rand as podcast guest

Andrew-Austin
09-23-2009, 02:14 PM
NOTE TO WHOEVER CAN REMEMBER

as the next money bomb approaches, we all need to email LRC and demand Rand as podcast guest

He already had Rand on as a podcast guest. He would have him on again if there were something meaningful to discuss with him, instead of just pimping his campaign.

muzzled dogg
09-23-2009, 02:14 PM
but i like pimpin campaigns

TCE
09-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Lew doesn't believe in electoral politics so he tends not to promote moneybombs. He does usually comment on them after they happen though.

What exactly does he believe in? He campaigned for Goldwater in '64...

JoshLowry
09-23-2009, 03:45 PM
I can't say I understand his reasoning.

Lew didn't support Operation Kickstart either on the basis that the letters would just be thrown away.

Meh.

AbolishTheGovt
09-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Lew did campaign for Goldwater, but after that, it's my understanding that he had a gradual falling away from electoral politics. He's more into education in the principles of liberty and economics, and changing the world by changing minds, etc. I'm not even sure that he "campaigns," per se, for Ron Paul. He's a friend of Ron's, who speaks at Ron Paul's functions and gives kind words about Ron, but I don't think he does it for electoral reasons.

I definitely see where Lew is coming from, and think that electoral politics is, for the most part, a waste of time, but I'm less dogmatic about it, and see a rare handful of instances in which the returns of liberty are worth the costs of doing a little campaigning. I know the Ron Paul campaign probably created more new libertarians and Austrian economists than the Mises Institute did in its entire 30-some years existence. Though the Mises Institute has been indispensible in educating new libertarians into more mature libertarians, after the end of the Ron Paul campaign.

SelfTaught
09-23-2009, 05:33 PM
I think Lew was on Ron Paul's staff while he was in Washington in the 70s. No?

AbolishTheGovt
09-23-2009, 05:42 PM
I think Lew was on Ron Paul's staff while he was in Washington in the 70s. No?

Yep.

mport1
09-23-2009, 06:21 PM
I definitely see where Lew is coming from, and think that electoral politics is, for the most part, a waste of time, but I'm less dogmatic about it, and see a rare handful of instances in which the returns of liberty are worth the costs of doing a little campaigning. I know the Ron Paul campaign probably created more new libertarians and Austrian economists than the Mises Institute did in its entire 30-some years existence. Though the Mises Institute has been indispensible in educating new libertarians into more mature libertarians, after the end of the Ron Paul campaign.

I completely agree. I'm a voluntaryist but I still see some use to politics for getting the message out to people. I don't think we will ever actually change anything by working in the system though. The Free State Project and mass civil disobedience are key in my opinion.

justinc.1089
09-23-2009, 06:26 PM
You know for the people involved with the Libertarian party and the Constitution party to be so smart and understand politics and liberty, those people can also be really dumb sometimes or really stubborn is probably more like the reality about stuff.

I don't get why they insist on educating, but not actually changing, and not being part of the Republican party. Its like they want to make no progress or something.

I mean the Libertarian party has been around for what like 30 years now? And how much has it done? Elected a state senator at best maybe?

Then Ron Paul runs actually as a Republican like all those real freedom loving libertarians and constitutionalists out there need to do, and in a few months sparks an entire movement that has lasted to have influence at least up to now.