PDA

View Full Version : Beck: Only "Small Minority" Of Obama Protesters Fueled By Racism

bobbyw24
09-23-2009, 06:05 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/22/beck-only-small-minority_n_295310.html

COURIC: Do you think any of the animosity that we've seen over healthcare or the stimulus package or the auto bailout, do you think any of it is fueled by racism?

BECK: Any of it is a large-- statement. I think that there are people of all color that hate based on color. I think that is such a small minority-- in this country. I think people see things, a larger percent, but still in the minority. See things through the prism of color. But generally not through the hatred of color.

COURIC: So you think there could be people who are racists who are participating in some of these things, but for the--

BECK: Here's the va--

COURIC: --vast majority--

BECK: -- vast majority of people on both the left and the right are people who are tired-- they're tired, Katie. Do you have time sto-- what-- how much time we're spending on politics in our lives. Do you have time for it? I don't have time for it. In my real life I don't wanna be doin' this. I don't wanna be thinking about this all the time.

My wife looks at me at midnight and says, "Honey, turn the computer off." I'm like, "I know, I know. But I gotta finish--" it's insane. Look how much politics are eating up, sucking out of-- do you know-- do you think we could be energy-- free if we used the same amount of time and effort and money that we do on politics? You're darn right.

The average person is tired. They're tired. And they've also come to a point to where they no longer see our children or our children's children having the kind of opportunity and life that we have. Because we've spent ourself into oblivion. Both sides have done it. It's gotta stop.

Dianne
09-23-2009, 08:48 AM
The only racists I've seen so far are the President, a large portion of his Czars and Nancy Pelosi. Did I leave out anyone else?

Harris4LarouchePAC
09-23-2009, 09:01 AM
I can definately agree with Beck on this issue. People are tired, I am tired. The salt in the wound is when people give up and make snide remarks about our country, to the extent of "its not worth saving at this point."

Well I am sorry, George Washington lost almost every single battle he fought while in command during the revolution. You think those men, and im sure some women, weren't tired? Damn Straight they were tired.

It is a war of attrition, and we must keep our integrity. Even if we lose and our country falls into extreme poverty and fascism. We tried, and no one can say we didnt.

In regards to racism, there were black men who fought in the revolution as well. In these times I welcome the black men and women who speak out in rejection of the current president's policies, knowing they will be ridiculed by some of their own people who fall into the racist category. They deserve our highest respect.

They need to ask Bill Cosby about the racism issue. I will never forget what he said at that NAACP meeting. He said, "Stop blaming the white man, for the problem is you! The problem is our degenerate culture!" etc etc. I paraphrased but you get the idea.

Harris

paulitics
09-23-2009, 09:30 AM
The only racists I've seen so far are the President, a large portion of his Czars and Nancy Pelosi. Did I leave out anyone else?

Jimmie Carter