PDA

View Full Version : What Fox Valley Wisconsin meetup did yesterday!

deedles
09-30-2007, 05:31 AM
Thought I would post info on our meetup group activity yesterday.

We had Oktoberfest in Appleton, Wis today.. One of our members got us a back room in a German restaurant right in the middle of the event. We had meetup members all wearing RP t-shirts, which we then stuck bumper stickers all over, we handed out 200 balloons, hundreds of flyers... made some sandwich boards out of the vertical pole signs as found on ronpaulbumperstickers.com, and took turns wearing them whilst walking around amongst 100,000 people. THOSE were attention getters for sure and I highly recommend it! We had parents in our group pulling a wagon train of babies and toddlers all full of stickers and signs. At the end of the festival we had about 10 of us holding our big overpass banners on the busy intersection to the departing traffic. We SATURATED that town with Ron Paul!:D

One of our group went to the Republican booth.. they had only state information... the guy at the booth said "boy, we are really seeing a lot of people with Ron Paul shirts on, maybe we should have some of his stuff here. Our member slapped a big stack of slim-jims down.. the ONLY presidential information at the republican booth, period!:rolleyes:

People were walking up to us, asking for information, bumper stickers... we invited people to our meetup. It was a huge success.

One thing we heard over and over went like this: "Yeah, I see these people on the overpasses all the time with Ron Paul banners..."

The people on the overpasses belong to our meetup group. It is working. His name is getting out there in our area of the woods. We highly endorse overpass banners..

(OMG, I went downstairs for 15 minutes and the thermometer passed 1,000,000!!)

Anyway, today we are installing a 6' x 35' Ron Paul for President sign on the side of a barn on a high-ish traffic road... 15,000 cars/day. One of my co-organizers knocked on the door, offered an elderly lady 40.00 a month to rent the side of her barn and she went for it! Lot's cheaper than a billboard.

Anyway, I'm very proud of my meetup group. We all had so much fun today and I wanted to share this with the forum.

Go Ron Paul!

LizF
09-30-2007, 05:42 AM
Great work...thanks for the update! :)

walt
09-30-2007, 05:47 AM
You rock! :D

BrianH
09-30-2007, 06:55 AM
best news I read today!! Very inspiring. Will send to our meetup group.

reduen
09-30-2007, 09:07 AM
"One of my co-organizers knocked on the door, offered an elderly lady 40.00 a month to rent the side of her barn and she went for it! Lot's cheaper than a billboard."

Above is one very good idea! There are so many elderly people that need some extra income... :)

Cowlesy
09-30-2007, 09:09 AM
This news means 1000x more than any of these rinky-dink online local news articles.

That sort of organized, friendly campaigning is exactly what is going to help collect VOTES.

Great work!!

jjschless
09-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Great work Fox Valley!

Jordan
09-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Anyway, today we are installing a 6' x 35' Ron Paul for President sign on the side of a barn on a high-ish traffic road... 15,000 cars/day. One of my co-organizers knocked on the door, offered an elderly lady 40.00 a month to rent the side of her barn and she went for it! Lot's cheaper than a billboard.

Awesome idea, you've helped someone out who might have greatly needed it, increased Ron Paul's exposure, and you've secured the votes of the elderly lady and many of her friends.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-30-2007, 12:09 PM
We need to do a lot more of this. saturate the towns, overpass billboards, etc

Zydeco
09-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Awesome. This is going on all over the country!