PDA

View Full Version : Action Alert: Chicago

bias2112
09-22-2009, 12:57 PM
I used to frequent many drinking establishments in Chicago. Then, during the election cycle, they all declared themselves "Obama Bars"...at which point I stopped going to them. So one bar that failed to declare itself an Obama bar...which I attend weekly...has reared its ugly Obama head.
Lets get out and let these people know they are not alone:
here is text from their listing-

Quinn & Schakowsky on Health Care Reform with the 46th Ward Dems (Chicago)
Start: 09/26/2009 - 12:00pm
Group: 46th Ward Democrats
Cost: free
Address: Holiday Club, 4000 N. Irving Park Rd., Chicago
Please mark your calendars for Saturday, September 26th. Organizing for America -- President Obama's grassroots policy and community service organization -- and the 46th Ward Democrats invite you to hear an update on Washington's health care debate directly from Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky and an update on state health care issues from Illinois Governor Pat Quinn.

At our September 26th event, we will also be distributing petitions for local Democrats, and outlining the key ways that you can help the Democratic Party locally. Getting Democratic candidates on the ballot is a key component of victory in next year's elections!

Saturday, September 26th; 12 Noon

Refreshments served - this is a free event. Please RSVP to: Sean@The46thWard.org

In the meantime, if you would like to be a leader working for President Obama and health care reform in your own neighborhood, please e-mail Brian Gorman of Organizing for America at brianpgorman@gmail.com. You can also get information on joining an upcoming pro-health care reform volunteer opportunity near you here: www.my.barackobama.com
-----------------------------------------

makes me want to vomit...

Cowlesy
09-23-2009, 02:54 PM
///////////////