PDA

View Full Version : "Quantum politics" (Comparing different candidates' delivery of their pol. message)

LizF
09-30-2007, 05:02 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/columnists/zito/s_530110.html

Trassin
09-30-2007, 05:06 AM
This goes hand in hand with the issue of RP having trouble reaching the "average" american. I just hope our grassroots efforts are enough to counter act it.

TooConservative
09-30-2007, 05:52 AM
The article ignores a vast number of citizens who don't vote or who haven't voted in years.

There are many single-issue voters who often don't vote because no candidate speaks to their issues. And many of those drawn to Ron Paul's campaign are those who are generally excluded from the agendas of big-government nanny statists in both political parties.

Remember, if you accept that dial-testing and focus groups identify a party's message, to manipulate elections, you only have to select the focus groups to pursue a particular agenda. And that is a big-government agenda.

I've never seen any of these focus groups on TV that struck me as representative of Americans in general.

AlexAmore
09-30-2007, 06:05 AM
I agree with tooconservative. This smells a lot like the national polls we see - it's all directed at registered Republicans who are likely to vote. Ron Paul of course has many independents and even has liberals. I think Ron Paul is getting at a crowd that is normally out of the political scene and the people who try and measure political scenes aren't reaching them and going their old conventional ways.