PDA

View Full Version : TX-14 Challenger to Dr. Paul?

David A. Gay, Sr.
09-22-2009, 11:10 AM
What's the deal with all these Mark Levin and Shammity listeners (I assume based on incredible likliehood) trying to challenge Ron Paul's seat?

I just want to clarify... that John Gay clown in TX-14 is not related to me!!!

RonPaulFanInGA
09-22-2009, 11:20 AM
There are currently three people challenging Ron Paul: Jeff Cherry, John Gay and Gerald Wall.

Thankfully, they're all in the republican primary and all broke nobodies and wannabe opportunists who are running two years too late. Though I might be a little worried if Paul had a real competitor.

CASH-ON-HAND

Ron Paul: $2,742,426
Jeff Cherry: $537
John Gay: $0
Gerald Wall: $0

The new FEC filings next week will probably show Cherry, Gay and Wall each with a couple of thousand dollars or probably even less. Regardless, none will come close to matching Chris Peden's $150,000 in 2008; much less Paul's cash.

qh4dotcom
09-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Ron Paul's vote against Hurricane Ike aid and the secession talk has me worried a little.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Ron Paul's vote against Hurricane Ike aid and the secession talk has me worried a little.

It's not the duty of the Federal Government to provide aid. Grover Cleveland penned the best response to this regarding this:

To THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES I return without my approval House bill number ten thousand two hundred and three entitled An Act to enable the Commissioner of Agriculture to make a special distribution of seeds in drought stricken counties of Texas and making an appropriation therefor. It is represented that a long continued and extensive drought has existed in certain portions of the State of Texas resulting in a failure of crops and consequent distress and destitution Though there has been some difference in statements concerning the extent of the people’s needs in the localities thus affected there seems to be no doubt that there has existed a condition calling for relief and I am willing to believe that notwithstanding the aid already furnished a donation of seed grain to the farmers located in this region to enable them to put in new crops would serve to avert a continuance or return of an unfortunate blight And yet I feel obliged to withhold my approval of the plan as proposed by this bill to indulge a benevolent and charitable sentiment through the appropriation of public funds for that purpose.

I can find no warrant for such an appropriation in the Constitution and I do not believe that the power and duty of the general government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering which is in no manner properly related to the public service or benefit. A prevalent tendency to disregard the limited mission of this power and duty should I think be steadfastly resisted to the end that the lesson should be constantly enforced that though the people support the government the government should not support the people.

The friendliness and charity of our countrymen can always be relied upon to relieve their fellow citizens in misfortune This has been repeatedly and quite lately demonstrated. Federal aid in such cases encourages the expectation of paternal care on the part of the government and weakens the sturdiness of our national character while it prevents the indulgence among our people of that kindly sentiment and conduct which strengthen the bonds of brotherhood.

It is within my personal knowledge that individual aid has to some extent already been extended to the sufferers mentioned in this bill….”

Secession talk is warranted. The Act of Secession however, must be a last resort of last resorts.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-22-2009, 12:43 PM

That is the ONLY reason I might be a little worried if Paul got a real challenger. But right now, he is being challenged by three utterly unserious nobodies.

Even with a real challenger, with Paul's money and the power of incumbency, I think he'd still be more than safe.

qh4dotcom
09-22-2009, 05:22 PM
It's not the duty of the Federal Government to provide aid. Grover Cleveland penned the best response to this regarding this:

To THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES I return without my approval House bill number ten thousand two hundred and three entitled An Act to enable the Commissioner of Agriculture to make a special distribution of seeds in drought stricken counties of Texas and making an appropriation therefor. It is represented that a long continued and extensive drought has existed in certain portions of the State of Texas resulting in a failure of crops and consequent distress and destitution Though there has been some difference in statements concerning the extent of the people’s needs in the localities thus affected there seems to be no doubt that there has existed a condition calling for relief and I am willing to believe that notwithstanding the aid already furnished a donation of seed grain to the farmers located in this region to enable them to put in new crops would serve to avert a continuance or return of an unfortunate blight And yet I feel obliged to withhold my approval of the plan as proposed by this bill to indulge a benevolent and charitable sentiment through the appropriation of public funds for that purpose.

I can find no warrant for such an appropriation in the Constitution and I do not believe that the power and duty of the general government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering which is in no manner properly related to the public service or benefit. A prevalent tendency to disregard the limited mission of this power and duty should I think be steadfastly resisted to the end that the lesson should be constantly enforced that though the people support the government the government should not support the people.

The friendliness and charity of our countrymen can always be relied upon to relieve their fellow citizens in misfortune This has been repeatedly and quite lately demonstrated. Federal aid in such cases encourages the expectation of paternal care on the part of the government and weakens the sturdiness of our national character while it prevents the indulgence among our people of that kindly sentiment and conduct which strengthen the bonds of brotherhood.

It is within my personal knowledge that individual aid has to some extent already been extended to the sufferers mentioned in this bill….”

Secession talk is warranted. The Act of Secession however, must be a last resort of last resorts.

I agree with you...now tell that to all the folks in his district who might vote for his opponents because they are upset he voted against federal Hurricane Ike aid and those who didn't like to hear the secession talk.