PDA

View Full Version : [San Diego] Sheriff Candidates In Heated Debate...

Reason
09-22-2009, 12:01 AM
http://eastcountymagazine.org/?q=node/1919

"Tent city jails, sonic weapons, border crimes, Las Colinas prison expansion, and cuts in deputy staffing among hottest issues"

Interesting read.

legion
09-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Way to sensationalize in your thread title...

Reason
09-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Way to sensationalize in your thread title...

That's the title of the article...

and if you read the debate... there were many heated moments...

if you meant the "trade shots" part, I didn't even think of that... removed it now.

coyote_sprit
09-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Duffy agreed that release of prisoners will cause crime to “skyrocket” and praised the three-strikes rule.
You may get elected but you're still a pig in my eyes.

Reason
09-22-2009, 02:30 PM
bump for thoughts on this debate/candidates

Reason
01-17-2010, 09:59 PM
So I guess Gore won and is the Sheriff which sucks considering this quote...

"A reporter from the San Diego Examiner asked if candidates would consider individual self protection as justification for concealed weapons permits. Ruff, La Suer and Duffy all agreed that California law is a “may issue” state that gives the Sheriff discretion to make such choices. Gore said California is a shall not state, meaning law enforcement must not issue a permit unless there is cause (as opposed to “shall issue” states where permits must be issued unless there is cause not to). “I’m compelled to comply with state law,” he said."

RideTheDirt
01-17-2010, 10:09 PM
So I guess Gore won and is the Sheriff which sucks considering this quote...

"A reporter from the San Diego Examiner asked if candidates would consider individual self protection as justification for concealed weapons permits. Ruff, La Suer and Duffy all agreed that California law is a “may issue” state that gives the Sheriff discretion to make such choices. Gore said California is a shall not state, meaning law enforcement must not issue a permit unless there is cause (as opposed to “shall issue” states where permits must be issued unless there is cause not to). “I’m compelled to comply with state law,” he said."
It makes me IRATE that these pieces of shit think MY LIFE is not reason enough to let me defend myself. Fucking bastards.

Reason
06-08-2010, 02:17 PM
voting for Jay La Suer today

libertythor
06-08-2010, 03:01 PM
I voted for Duffy for his stance on giving people concealed weapons permits on the basis of no criminal record. He is strongly pro 2nd amendment.

La Suer would be okay, but I can't stand Gore.