PDA

View Full Version : David Gay 2010?

David A. Gay, Sr.
09-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Last year I was endorsed by Ron Paul to run for Congress...

I couldn't make it on the ballot (NY State requirements are near impossible for a candidate who is not backed by a major party!), but I was able to raise issues to the public and in the news for a few months while still campaigning.

Is it worth it to try again? Would I receive support this time, even though I failed to get on the ballot last year?

bkreigh
09-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Is it possible to run and be competitive in your district as a republican?

Id be happy to send you more donations in 2010

David A. Gay, Sr.
09-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Well, you were good to me last year, that's true. I don't ever forget you guys who helped me out.

And yes... Traditionally (until last year) it has been a Republican seat, and it's still a 50/50 district today. That's why last year's WashPost rated the 25th district race #1 most competitive in the nation... too bad the GOP decided that meant they should have a "moderate" contender.

james1906
09-21-2009, 08:57 PM
I know of one guy in 1996 who didn't get the support of the Republican Party, and the party (including both Bushes and Gingrich) backed a relabeled Democrat. Despite the odds against him, he won the primary and the general election. I forgot his name and who knows what happened to him.

brandon
09-21-2009, 09:05 PM
It's worth it only if you can raise money locally (not on the internet) and stand a chance of winning

The_Orlonater
09-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Try to run as a Republican?

David A. Gay, Sr.
09-21-2009, 09:20 PM
I ran as both Republican and Libertarian.

The_Orlonater
09-21-2009, 09:31 PM
I ran as both Republican and Libertarian.

Could you get on the ballot as a Republican? I thought you couldn't only as some third party. I would try it again, is your district big? How many supporters did you remember having in that district?

AJ Antimony
09-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Don't forget, Bob Conley won a Senate primary...

BlackTerrel
09-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Why not give it a shot? At the very least you get those issues out there.

Not to rub it in since it's probably haunted you your whole life but that's an unfortunate name for a politician. No matter how much they like you Republicans are going to have a hard time putting a checkmark next to "Gay".

David A. Gay, Sr.
09-22-2009, 11:06 AM
I know of one guy in 1996 who didn't get the support of the Republican Party, and the party (including both Bushes and Gingrich) backed a relabeled Democrat. Despite the odds against him, he won the primary and the general election. I forgot his name and who knows what happened to him.

HAHAHAHAHA... nice... way to compare me to Ron Paul.

David A. Gay, Sr.
09-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Why not give it a shot? At the very least you get those issues out there.

Not to rub it in since it's probably haunted you your whole life but that's an unfortunate name for a politician. No matter how much they like you Republicans are going to have a hard time putting a checkmark next to "Gay".

Hopefully the only "Gay" the Republicans have trouble voting for is that John Gay (NOT RELATED!!!) clown challenging Ron Paul in TX-14