PDA

View Full Version : Local Supermarket taking kids fingerprints

I Am Weasel
09-21-2009, 03:53 PM
All in the guise of promoting instant Amber alerts I saw 4 parents and about 20 kids all running around in the entry to my local grocery store. There were 3 Sheriff Officers there all taking digital scans of the kids fingerprints and digital pictures, along with their height. I was shocked to see so many people just lining up to hand over their kids. It made me sick. I went back to the store and inquired with the Officers what would happen to the finger prints, I was told they would go into a database, but he wouldn't state if it were local or national. When I inquired how long the prints remained, he stated it was indefinite. I don't know about you all, but I would NEVER sign up to give away my child's privacy. They don't even know what their giving up, to whom, or why. I live in a very modest area of the City and Crime is extremely rare, especially abductions. What's with all the spreading of fear for more tracking of people?

kaleidoscope eyes
09-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Well, we went to a local festival this weekend, and THEY were offering to take our children's DNA for their database "for their safety" of course.:rolleyes:

We politely declined.

Yikes!:eek:

MelissaWV
09-21-2009, 04:33 PM
The suggestion is a great one, but you don't need law enforcement. Take good pictures of your child anytime something changes (haircut, lost a tooth, whatever) and keep it safe. Taking a picture with the cellphone works great. Fingerprint them carefully if you want to go that far, since appearances can be changed.

Abductions can be rare, but what about car accidents? School burning down? I'm not saying something WILL happen, and the huge difference is that if you, as a parent, take your child's picture or "fingerpaint" or play "cops & robbers", it's not going to instill this "fear everything but the people in uniforms will save you" mentality. It's a little insurance in case something does happen to your child, and you can choose when/if to destroy the items.

As for DNA... I doubt sincerely people's children are likely to become so messed up that only a DNA test will suffice to identify the body. It's a very strange thing to offer to keep "on record" for your child. Why wouldn't they simply do a test against the parent(s) or blood relatives? They identify children missing 18 years based off of potential relatives' DNA. They didn't need the girl's DNA from when she was a little child at the fair.

Objectivist
09-21-2009, 04:35 PM
If we cut the hands and penises off of kiddie molesters then we wouldn't have this problem. Oh yeah that would stop these bastards from procreating too.

Bruno
09-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Someone please tell me how having with my child's fingerprint on it is going to help find him if he is abducted.
What would be better is for the government to provide statistics on how this program has specifically helped find lost children.

I Am Weasel
09-21-2009, 04:59 PM
I guess it would help if all they find is a hand.

My thoughts are is it's just a way for them to begin tracking everybody. And there are tons of Obamabot voters educated by the public willing to do whatever to protect their little ones. Stupid Sheeple.

dannno
09-21-2009, 05:21 PM
If we cut the hands and penises off of kiddie molesters then we wouldn't have this problem. Oh yeah that would stop these bastards from procreating too.

What do you do when you find out later that the kid was lyin :confused:

MelissaWV
09-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Duct tape fixes everything?

brandon
09-21-2009, 05:24 PM

It's hard for me to understand how someone could have such poor logic skills....

micahnelson
09-21-2009, 06:04 PM

You open a fortune cookie. The cookie reads: "You secretly wish to live in Iran."

james1906
09-21-2009, 09:06 PM

Then you've opened up a can of nub frotteurism. Congrats!

bill50
09-21-2009, 10:08 PM
I was interviewing for a sales position at New York Life. They encourage agents to set up community events to meet people and hopefully get business. The first event they suggested was to borrow their fingerprinting, photograph, ID making machine and have have an event where you make these things free for parents. This would not be going into a government database, but I still don't think i could do something like that.

devil21
09-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Someone please tell me how having with my child's fingerprint on it is going to help find him if he is abducted.
What would be better is for the government to provide statistics on how this program has specifically helped find lost children.

It'll be great for identifying them when they're already dead. Great program!

Dr.3D
09-22-2009, 12:15 AM
It'll be great for identifying them when they're already dead. Great program!

It would be even easier if the children were chipped so nobody would even have to take the prints off of the corps.

/end sarcasm.

Slutter McGee
09-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Stop looking for conspiracy all the damn time. This is a simple case of good intentions with WAY too much potential for abuse in the future.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Uriel999
09-23-2009, 12:44 AM
You open a fortune cookie. The cookie reads: "You secretly wish to live in Iran."

can we say irony!?