PDA

View Full Version : The President-definition of a tax

DirtMcGirt
09-21-2009, 02:23 PM
YouTube - Obama Goes Toe-To-Toe With Stephanopoulos On "Tax Increases" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL7ak__MGyw)

He explains in this that you must have car insurance so its the same as a requirement for health insurance. At 4:15

Problem is I can choose not to own a vehicle.

Just like awhile back when he tried to explain the UPS and FedEx compete against US Postal service- only problem is they can't send mail, only packages.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-21-2009, 02:34 PM
If inflation was negative last year I wish he could explain how come I used to be able to get a 20 ounce coke for $.99 and now I can only get a 16 ounce coke for $.99.

Bruno
09-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks for sharing that video!

gls
09-21-2009, 02:44 PM
He explains in this that you must have car insurance so its the same as a requirement for health insurance. At 4:15

Problem is I can choose not to own a vehicle.

(1) Mandatory car insurance is done at the state, not federal level. New Hampshire for example has no such requirement.

(2) Where it is a requirement, it is only so for liability purposes.

Are the American people as a whole really so dumb that they can't see the two issues have nothing to do with each other? Wait don't answer that...

newbitech
09-21-2009, 02:50 PM
:eek:oh nooooo! Not the dictionary!!!!

gasp!:eek:

Bruno
09-21-2009, 03:03 PM
:eek:oh nooooo! Not the dictionary!!!!

gasp!:eek:

Obama : "you're stretching when you start providing definitions for words that I have been tossing about to the unknowing masses." lol

DirtMcGirt
09-21-2009, 04:46 PM
I saw N. Cavuto today talking today to (D) rep. Fattah from Philly about this issue and Fattah surprisingly threw The President under the bus. Stating it was a tax.