PDA

View Full Version : Levi Johnson was right! Palin gives first PAID speech.

max
09-21-2009, 08:22 AM
"Conservatives" lashed out when Levi Johnson claimed that Caribou Barbie wanted to quit being Governor so she could cash in. Pat Buchanan said that Todd Palin should drown Levi!

Well...looks like Levi wasnt lying.....CHA CHING! If Giuliani's fees are any indication, a single speech will net her more than one year's salary as Governor.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/as_asia_sarah_palin/2009/08/31/254301.html

Sarah Palin Making First Trip to Asia for First Paid Speech
Monday, August 31, 2009 4:40 AM

Article Font Size

HONG KONG -- Former U.S. vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, once questioned about her lack of foreign policy experience, will make her first trip to Asia in September.

The former Alaska governor will visit Hong Kong to address the CLSA Investors Forum, a well-known annual conference of global investment managers, the host announced Monday.

Bill Clinton, Al Gore and Alan Greenspan have spoken at the event, hosted by brokerage and investment group CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets.

"Our keynote speakers are notable luminaries who often address topics that go beyond traditional finance such as geopolitics," company spokeswoman Simone Wheeler said in a statement.

"We just felt it would be a fabulous opportunity for CLSA clients to hear from Mrs. Palin," Wheeler said, adding that CLSA approached Palin with the offer.

She said the conference aimed to present investors "a diversity of views that potentially influence decision-makers who help shape the markets."

The Sept. 23 address will mark Palin's first commercial speaking engagement, according to CLSA. Her speaking fees were not disclosed.

It will be closed to the media, and the topic has not yet been confirmed.

Palin was criticized during last year's presidential election for her lack of experience in international affairs. She received her first passport in 2007 to visit Alaska National Guard members serving in Kuwait and Germany.

angelatc
09-21-2009, 08:26 AM
I don't think that's much of a revelation to anybody but you. Her family isn't wealthy by political standards. She needs a day job.

yokna7
09-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Of course he was right, all credible political insiders get the dish form Levi..........as do I.

Who wants to hear Sarah Palin talk? Really, I mean it's laughable.:confused:

max
09-21-2009, 08:32 AM
I don't think that's much of a revelation to anybody but you. Her family isn't wealthy by political standards. She needs a day job.

She had a day job...and a responsibility to the people of Alaska. But she ditched her job in order to cash in. It proves what a political whore she is...

Greedy bitch could have at least waited until her term was up.

Cowlesy
09-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Al Gore makes a cool $107k a speech --- big pimpin'.

tonesforjonesbones
09-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Well...I guess in order to be a valid candidate in 2012 she needs foreign policy experience...she's going out to get it. I guess she's a captialist right? Of course. tones