PDA

View Full Version : Pizzacracy

CCTelander
09-21-2009, 02:49 AM
PIZZACRACY

Majoritarianism Versus
Unanimous Consent

by L. Neil Smith

L. Neil Smith is many things. Besides being a longtime friend of mine, he is a science fiction author of not inconsiderable renown whose novels have garnered him three Prometheus Awards. He is an indefatigable and outspoken warrior in the fight for the right to keep and bear arms. He is also the publisher of The Libertarian Enterprise.

In recent years he has also become somewhat of a gadfly for political libertarians. In the latter regard, his blistering broadsides against certain LP policies have made him considerably less popular than a skunk at a picnic in some LP circles. One LP luminary angrily declared him unfit to speak before libertarian audiences, and the official party newsletter has on occasion referred to him as a "thug."

Excrement flinging aside, Neil has important things to say – things that are on the cutting edge and will surely enrich the movement. Read on and enjoy. . . . Vince Miller

---------------

For some time, I've meant to write various legislators, bureaucrats, and other sucklers at the public jugular to say, "Congratulations, bird-brains – beginning with the most decent, livable culture in history, in just two centuries you've managed, with taxation, regulation, and conscription, to turn it into a prison whose best and brightest inmates, whatever disagreements they may cherish among themselves, are of a single mind when it comes to escaping from it." Everybody wants out: the condition's so uniform and universal hardly anybody sees it, let alone recognizing anything strange about it.

For the rest of this excellent read:

http://www.isil.org/resources/libertydocs/pizzacracy.html

cheapseats
09-21-2009, 10:37 AM
For the rest of this excellent read:

http://www.isil.org/resources/libertydocs/pizzacracy.html

Bravo, bravo.

The concluding quote is better than good:

...Sure, they'll laugh at first. Later they'll scream and tear their hair. Never stop making their lives as miserable as they've made yours. If history demonstrates anything, it's that every lasting victory which the cause of liberty ever achieved was won for it by radicals. Every humiliation it ever suffered was inflicted, not by kings, dictators, or opposing parties, but by its own moderates and gradualists.

CCTelander
09-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Bravo, bravo.

The concluding quote is better than good:

...Sure, they'll laugh at first. Later they'll scream and tear their hair. Never stop making their lives as miserable as they've made yours. If history demonstrates anything, it's that every lasting victory which the cause of liberty ever achieved was won for it by radicals. Every humiliation it ever suffered was inflicted, not by kings, dictators, or opposing parties, but by its own moderates and gradualists.

I couldn't agree more. It's always the "moderates and gradualists," the conformists and compromisers that prove to be the biggest impediments to any just cause.

CCTelander
09-21-2009, 07:15 PM
bump

CCTelander
09-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Since I just had some pizza, bump for pizza.