PDA

View Full Version : New Thermometer Every Week? (not my idea)

ClayTrainor
09-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Someone on here mentioned this recently (not sure who)... and i think it's an amazing idea.

I know i personally have more incentive to donate if i can actually see my donation make a difference on the homepage.

what do you think?

katao
09-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Too much of a good thing. I like the idea posted in another thread of a competition between states (prorated by population).

trispear
09-29-2007, 07:02 PM
I think 2 thermometers would be cool. Like a longterm quarter goal - like 10 million. And then a weekly goal, with it set to beat the previous week's fundraising.

yongrel
09-29-2007, 07:03 PM
i think you'd see donors getting thermometer fatigue. It wouldn't do much after a while, and it would keep drives like this from being possible.

born2drv
09-29-2007, 07:03 PM
but not a thermometer... some other game...

like i said in another thread, a cool game would be to get a code... and ask people to donate using that code... and the person who gets the most donations gets some prize or something....

like ron paul rewards.... get 5+ new people to donate and get a hat or something like that ;)

and the person who enlists the most new donors gets dinner with Ron, that would be very cool :)

LibertyEagle
09-29-2007, 07:08 PM
i think you'd see donors getting thermometer fatigue. It wouldn't do much after a while, and it would keep drives like this from being possible.

I agree.

rajibo
09-29-2007, 07:12 PM
I think these are all the fundraising promotions they had this quarter:

1) Meetup Competition
2) Ron's Birthday Card
3) Fill the Quill
4) Thermometer

Am I missing anything? I'll be interested to see what they come up with next...

JPFromTally
09-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Ron should have a contest like Bill and Hillary and John Edwards did.

paulitics
09-29-2007, 07:22 PM
There needs to be a goal every week. Its human nature, we need to know where were going to get there. If we did this earlier in the quarter, we would have doubled for the quarter, very easily. This idea worked very well for Dean, Dean broke a record, 50 million in fundrasing online,by doing this every week. I remember someone brought this up 1st quarter, and whoever said it first was right.

Businesses, and sales people use it religiously. Ever try and manage a company without clearly defined goals?you always get lackluster results. I spoke out about having goals for mailouts, radio and tv advertising, but usually get shot down. WHY? We see it working right before our eyes. We can be decentralied, but work together inrtelligently instead of random haphazard enthusiasm. Just my opinion.

dsentell
09-29-2007, 07:26 PM

Ditto!

FreedomLover
09-29-2007, 07:27 PM
I like the idea posted in another thread of a competition between states (prorated by population).

This is a great idea. It's longterm, it's fun and friendly competition, and it promotes the ideas of federalism that Ron paul has been defending all these years.

ClayTrainor
09-29-2007, 07:27 PM
There needs to be a goal every week. Its human nature, we need to know where were going to get there. If we did this earlier in the quarter, we would have doubled for the quarter, very easily. This idea worked very well for Dean, Dean broke a record, 50 million in fundrasing online,by doing this every week. I remember someone brought this up 1st quarter, and whoever said it first was right.

Businesses, and sales people use it religiously. Ever try and manage a company without clearly defined goals?you always get lackluster results. I spoke out about having goals for mailouts, radio and tv advertising, but usually get shot down. WHY? We see it working right before our eyes. We can be decentralied, but work together inrtelligently instead of random haphazard enthusiasm. Just my opinion.

Very good point man...

I agree 100% altho i also agree with others that the thermometer could get old, and it'd be hard to get a boost like we're getting now, ever again.

but i think overall we will benefit from a consistent goal to shoot for every week... alot more people will be motivated to donate if they see how well his campaign is doing first hand.

paulitics
09-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Very good point man...

I agree 100% altho i also agree with others that the thermometer could get old, and it'd be hard to get a boost like we're getting now, ever again.

but i think overall we will benefit from a consistent goal to shoot for every week... alot more people will be motivated to donate if they see how well his campaign is doing first hand.

A new goal every week. The thermometer was cool but will get old. But I think a meter going up, maybe like the statue of liberty or something cool like that. We also want to keep it $ amount, and not total donations, or else everyone will donate 10.00.

ronpaulyourmom
09-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Keep in mind that although the thermo might get old for us, it's a very important symbol for any first time or 2nd time visitors to the website. We need some sort of indicator on the website, but yeah not necessarily the same thing over and over.

Games and puzzles are a good thing.

austin356
09-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Too much of a good thing. I like the idea posted in another thread of a competition between states (prorated by population).

Absolutely!

I hope they do this before FT tries to use the idea to help support his bogus belief in Federalism.

Would yall in the big states mind if we used the electoral college way of calculating instead of pure population? Us in the smaller states dont have the big money centers like Cali-FL-TX does; they would definitely win.

Joe Knows
09-29-2007, 07:47 PM
A new goal every week. The thermometer was cool but will get old. But I think a meter going up, maybe like the statue of liberty or something cool like that. We also want to keep it $ amount, and not total donations, or else everyone will donate 10.00.

We actually should do a total donor goal. Have a special day so everyone in the country can just donate a few dollars. Try to set a record for the greatest number of individual donors. That also looks good on a campaign report, especially if Ron Paul has more donors than all the candidates.

DJ RP
09-29-2007, 07:49 PM
The state competition idea is the best I've heard so far. I can see that working VERY well!

Joe Knows
09-29-2007, 07:49 PM
Absolutely!

I hope they do this before FT tries to use the idea to help support his bogus belief in Federalism.

Would yall in the big states mind if we used the electoral college way of calculating instead of pure population? Us in the smaller states dont have the big money centers like Cali-FL-TX does; they would definitely win.

That sounds good. Use the electoral college way of calculating. You could set a goal in each state and as each state reaches it goal, Ron Paul has an electoral landslide.

AlexAmore
09-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Maybe we could have a cartoon of Ron Paul pulling back his fist slightly for every X amount of donations. Standing next to Ron Paul is a frightened Giuliani and when the donations hit the ceiling....POW right in the kisser.

erowe1
09-29-2007, 07:51 PM
I have a feeling that HQ would think that a program like that would give away too much information about their finances too readily.

steph3n
09-29-2007, 07:51 PM
I like the idea of using a google map(or similar) map out goals and then fill them overfull :)