PDA

View Full Version : Obama wants to bailout newpapers. Says Internet Blogs ar unreliable sources for news!

max
09-20-2009, 07:42 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/59523-obama-open-to-newspaper-bailout-bill

Liberty Star
09-20-2009, 07:58 PM
That's a very bad idea, many problems with it. Wastage of tax dollars, bribery aspects for favorable coverage for Obama policies would be just the start.
Empower alternative media by not giving free money to same old same crappy media outlets. Next it's going to be for bailouts TV news networks since their ad revenue is falling?

Dr.3D
09-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Yeah, he want's to bail out the corporate controlled newspapers. Most of those papers will say anything the government wants them to say and the others will after they are bailed out and owned by the government.

tangent4ronpaul
09-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Obama said that good journalism is "critical to the health of our democracy,"

Riggghhhtt- like all the left leaning newspapers will be bailed out while the conservative ones will be left to fail.

YOU SUCK OBAMA!

-t

Dr.3D
09-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Obama said that good journalism is "critical to the health of our democracy,"

Riggghhhtt- like all the left leaning newspapers will be bailed out while the conservative ones will be left to fail.

YOU SUCK OBAMA!

-t

Na.... they would bail out the conservative ones, then kick out the management and install their own. Remember what happened at GM?

KAYA
09-20-2009, 08:17 PM
If you think the MSM is biased now just wait till they are dependent on the government taking money from us to support them.

ItsTime
09-20-2009, 08:25 PM
So the war for the internet really begins.

Question, why cant established news papers compete on the internet?

catdd
09-20-2009, 08:42 PM
He says that "internet news is unreliable" and who does he expect to believe him these days?
The guy has lost nearly all credibility except for the hardcores and this is a good way to lose them too.

Dunedain
09-20-2009, 08:50 PM
They don't get it do they? The nature of news has changed. You don't make news in a hollywood production set anymore. People know it is just a movie based on real events where your own personal "good guys" wear the white hates, and the people you want to dispise where the bad hats. It is too costly and newspapers are going broke. News stations are going broke. Whole zionist media companies like Can West are all getting kicked around by the social forces they seek to manipulate.

News is not a town crier anymore...it isn't a printing press...it isn't on the radio...it isn't on television....The Internet IS the news and this media IS its own message - free and democratic.

Akus
09-20-2009, 08:51 PM
I have sworn off American cars, because if I paid for the bailout, I should at least get a free car on prinicple. I won't even mind if it's the top of the line car, just give me a car that I paid for.

So the next logical step to take (provided that this actually takes place of course) is discontinue paying for the newspapers. You paid for them already, you should be hand delivered them for free.

P.S. With American Iron, I will take exception with a Cadillac, just cause I've had 2 of them and were really sad to let go of my last one and they're just my weakness, especially the old school ones. :D

Dunedain
09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Question, why cant established news papers compete on the internet?

The answer is:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g8yHd2WPkK2MQuqOX93ExkU_86zwD9AMS8RG0

The vast majority of Americans know that the Junk Media lie about everything.

Original_Intent
09-20-2009, 09:01 PM
If they carry the government's water, isn't it only fair that they be on the government payroll? /sarcasm